Wife left behind during vacation

From the article:

Hours later, state police spotted the motor home on a street in Tucumcari, where it had run out of fuel.

I'm thinking hubby has some sort of medical problem. Maybe alzheimers???? One of these things is understandable, but forgets wife and gasoline???? I don't think that's normal.

bahahahahahaha! Sorry - brought back a funny story!

My out-laws (hubby's parents) had a motorhome and they decided to take the grandkids on a trip out to Georgia for a family reunion. We (hubby and I) were driving separate and leaving a few days later.

Anyway, they stopped for a potty break and they all got back in the motorhome and grandpa took off. They got about 10 miles down the road when one of the grandkids said "where's grandma?" He took off without her!!! :D :D :D

Cracks me up EVERY time I think about it! It made for GREAT stories at the family reunion.... though grandma didn't think it was too funny! :laugh: :laugh:

Jules, that's too funny!

I think I would be a bit peed off if hubby forgot me, but just think of the story we'd have to tell the grandkids (when we have some in 20 years)!!!

Yeah, we still laugh about that whenever we all get together! It was sooooo dang funny!!! He just assumed that she was in the RV - never checked - just took off!!!

bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! CRACKS me up! I have no doubt she let him have it once he came back for her!

Reminds me of a story too. When my ex and I were going through our divorce, one of my issues with him was his forgetfulness and irresponsibility when it came to our daughter.

One day he showed up at the house with his little 4 year old nephew - and really laid into me about how I was a liar, he was very reliable and responsible when it came to children. Then he got in his truck and drove off, squealing his tires.

He sure was sheepish when he returned 15 minutes later to pick up his little nephew.

That is funny Mabel.

You guys always cheer me up :blowkiss: I love evryones home true stories.

:laugh:

Mabel said:
Reminds me of a story too. When my ex and I were going through our divorce, one of my issues with him was his forgetfulness and irresponsibility when it came to our daughter.

One day he showed up at the house with his little 4 year old nephew - and really laid into me about how I was a liar, he was very reliable and responsible when it came to children. Then he got in his truck and drove off, squealing his tires.

He sure was sheepish when he returned 15 minutes later to pick up his little nephew.

That's too perfect.

When I was about 20 a bunch of us took off for Disneyland for a concert.It was a chruch group and becuase some of us we had to had some chaprones with us.Any way we wre in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle taking Home movies.About 35 mins later we here we have a missing girl 10 years old at security will So and So please come claim her.Now we had at least 25 15 and older with us.It was one of the Chaprones kids that wandered off. We could not figure out all weekend. We get home and go over to thier house to watch the home Movie that her Dad was taking. Snd sure enough there was his Daughter walking right out of the camera.We still laugh at that .

My grandfather and my grandmother went to a barbeque. He leaves and was talking to her the whole time in the car.Then gets home and realizes she isn't in the car. He left her at the barbeque. I don't think they ever spoke to each other much after that.

Mom left my sis at the store once. Their were 7 of us kids and we were miles down the road before someone mentioned the car didn't seem as crowded. Mom went and got her much to our protest. lol

My dad left my brother in Tucumcari during a potty break. That is why this thread cracked me up. And also, tragically, my husband left his electric razor in a cheap hotel (there are no other kinds) in Tucumcari.

concernedperson said:
My grandfather and my grandmother went to a barbeque. He leaves and was talking to her the whole time in the car.Then gets home and realizes she isn't in the car. He left her at the barbeque. I don't think they ever spoke to each other much after that.
Think maybe Granpa isn't really sure if she is really there or not? Maybe he is afraid to say anything?

My friend was "left behind" as a newborn...they were moving from the Carolinas out west, and the moving van was coming a day after they left by car to pick up the furniture. Carols mom put her down on the bed to get the other kids ready and they got in the car and took off...Got about 45 minutes down the road when somebody noticed they were missing the baby!

She was fine...on the bed, sound asleep...

Lynie

I was about 8 when my family left me at a gas station after a potty break. We had about 8 people, including 5 kids, in our cadillac. Somebody finally said "It's awfully quiet in here". They took a head count and freaked out. I was sitting on the curb at the gas station just stating to cry when they returned about 20 mins after leaving me.

TheShadow said:
I was about 8 when my family left me at a gas station after a potty break. We had about 8 people, including 5 kids, in our cadillac. Somebody finally said "It's awfully quiet in here". They took a head count and freaked out. I was sitting on the curb at the gas station just stating to cry when they returned about 20 mins after leaving me.

:( :( :( :( :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

(those brats). :crazy:

JDB said:
When I was about 20 a bunch of us took off for Disneyland for a concert.It was a chruch group and becuase some of us we had to had some chaprones with us.Any way we wre in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle taking Home movies.About 35 mins later we here we have a missing girl 10 years old at security will So and So please come claim her.Now we had at least 25 15 and older with us.It was one of the Chaprones kids that wandered off. We could not figure out all weekend. We get home and go over to thier house to watch the home Movie that her Dad was taking. Snd sure enough there was his Daughter walking right out of the camera.We still laugh at that .

:waitasec: :waitasec: HUH???? :confused: :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back