School bans American flag

I think it is a sad day in America when an American flag is banned. Anyone who wants to live here should respect our flag.

Of course, you have to admit that parts of America - well, they don't really look like America any more.

kcnz said:
Of course, you have to admit that parts of America - well, they don't really look like America any more.
Could you please elaborate on this statement??
Exactly what does "America" look like?

As for the Flag issue... What complete crap ..

Hello?? It is a school in America ... The very country that is permitting the freedom of speech to allow these rallies...

I think it is even a sadder day when some people use the American Flag .

Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said American flags were brazenly waved in the faces of Hispanic students and in one case a Mexican flag was thrown into the face of another student.

When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it," Stumpf said. "They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism.

Annie said:
I think it is a sad day in America when an American flag is banned. Anyone who wants to live here should respect our flag.

I agree!!

I think it is a very sad day in the USA when the American Flag is used as a weapon against other people and that CHILDREN were using it as a weapon.

I guess it takes an adult to step in and "teach" the children that the USA flag is to be proud of, not used for to discriminate against people and also as a weapon against others.

What the KKK as not invited also.......they would have fit right in...........

If you have been reading about this immigration bill and all the protests that have been going on. You might understand why no flags are allowed.

We had so many protests here in San Diego where kids left school and walked to other schools, parks, whatever, closing down streets protesting.

I had to laugh when the news asked them what the bill was about and not one student could tell them.

My son, who is 16 does not agree with the protests and all the kids waving their Mexican flags while living in the US, getting an education in the US, getting health care in the US and do not realize that this bill will give 11 to 12 million people citizenship in the US without having to go through all the paperwork legal immigrants went through, was called a racist on his bus last week. Mind you, he's part Mexican, not that you can tell.

The second part of this bill is that anyone getting caught coming over the border as an illegal, they want to make it a felony. I say go for it.

The tension is very high in the schools right now and I agree that for the time being until things slow down, that it's ok not to have the kids bringing their choice of flags to school.

I don't care one way or the other as long as they make it fair to all students. Not punishing thousands of kids who walked out two days in a row but then punishing a kid for bringing a flag is not fair. I've heard so many backward stories my head hurts. Don't allow them to take school time to write to their congressmen, for instance.

Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said American flags were brazenly waved in the faces of Hispanic students and in one case a Mexican flag was thrown into the face of another student.

"When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it," Stumpf said. "They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

Students were warned about the policy Friday and several were suspended, although Stumpf would not provide details. Then, about 100 students protested during lunch time.

from; http://articles.news.aol.com/news/a...S00010000000001

j2mirish said:
only in the good old U.S. of A. could our own flag be banned-----------:silenced: :doh:
See what happens when you remove The Pledge of Allegiance from public schools!

LULAC is planning a rally, but they would prefer for those of you attending to carry the AMERICAN flag and not the Mexican flag:

The cities participating in the April 10th event include: Austin, Dallas, Tucson, Little Rock, Santa Ana, San Jose, Mid-Wilshire, Long Beach, East Los Angeles, Riverside, San Fernando Valley, Bakersfield, Fresno, San Diego, Los Angeles, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, Telluride, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Mears, Homestead, Lake Worth, Miami, Pensacola, Chicago, Lexington, Boston, Detroit, Kansas City, Omaha, Las Cruces, Newark, New York, Raleigh, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, El Paso, Houston, San Antonio, Washington, DC, and Milwaukee. For a complete list please go to: http://www.lulac.org/events/immigrationcalendar.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back