IA IA - Kimberly Doss, 16, Davenport, 27 Sept 1982

Dallas

Reaction score
Does anyone think this could be Kimberly Sue Doss?

Kimberly Sue Doss:16 yrs old- 1982

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: September 27, 1982 from Davenport, Iowa
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 12, 1966
Height and Weight: 5'2, 125 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Doss may be using the alias Kimberly Kathleen Gardner or simply the last name Gardner. She may also use the alternate birthdate of September 17, 1963. Doss has a gap between her upper front teeth.

Details of Disappearance
Doss was living in Houston, Texas at the time of her disappearance. She was reported missing on September 1, 1982. On September 27, she was seen at a Greyhound bus station in Davenport, Iowa. It is unclear where she was going; some believe she planned to return to Houston to visit her father. Her family never heard from her again.

Unidentified White Female

This unidentified female was found in Orange County, TX, about 110 miles east of Houston. The age, height and hair color are around the same. The hair style in the composite drawing looks the same, and it does look like there might be a gap in the teeth, though it's hard to tell from the drawing. The unidentified female was found 11/1/84 and had been dead at least a year when found.

They do look alike, but the unidentified remains mentions she may have had braces for her teeth at one time. It would be easy for LE to compare dental info between the two.

I don't think that they look alike. Kimberely was such a pretty girl. I wonder how she disappeared and where from...home...school...etc?

This case is now 25 years old. Note discrepancy in dates. Title claims that she was missing since 27 Spetember, yet case summary indicates since 1 September 1982.

--------------------------------------------------
Kimberly Sue Doss
Missing since September 27, 1982 from Davenport, Scott County, Iowa.
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 12, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight: 5'2; 120 - 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Available. She has a gap between her two front teeth.
AKA: Kimberly Kathleen Gardner
Other: DNA on file.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Doss was last seen in her hometown of Davenport, Iowa on September 1, 1982. She has never been heard from again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Davenport Police Department
Det. Denewith
563-326-7762

Agency Number: 82-46115
NCMEC #: NCMC601057
NCIC Number: M-184196973
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 503DFIA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/503dfia.html

doss_kimberly_rae.jpg
doss_kimberly_rae_ap.jpg

Missing Since: May 29, 1979 from Jacksonville, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: September 11, 1962
Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'5, 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel or blue eyes. Doss's nicknames are Kim and Kimmy. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Doss was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida on May 29, 1979. She was visiting a relative at the time. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Jacksonville Sheriff's Office

904-630-0500

I'm really confused...i admit i don't understand stuff about the "doe network" stuff...i don't understand "age progression" stuff...is that what the 2 different pictures are of her?...i mean, is that second pic a real pic of her?...cuz that second pic looks soooo familiar to me.....

No guys i'm serious...she looks really familiar...
what are the pics on the link from the second poster?...
are those both real pics of her too?

No guys i'm serious...she looks really familiar...
what are the pics on the link from the second poster?...
are those both real pics of her too?

Aged progression is an artists rendition of what the missing person would look like now/older.

The second poster posted a different missing person by the same name, but they are not the same people. In both cases though, there were age progression pics done. That's typical of missing person cases. Especially for missing children.

Ok, but the two pics that are posted on THIS page...
is that the same girl?
I mean cuz the second pic of her on THIS page looks really really familiar to me.
Is it like an age progression thing?
Like the first pic is how she looked then?
And the pic right beside her is how she MIGHT look now?
You're saying that the pics on this page and the pics on the doe network site are different right?
But the two pics side by side on this page...are they the same girl?

You got it. :)

Thanks for explaining! :)
NOW what do i do about this girl looking really extremely familiar to me????

Do you know someone that looks like her? You could always contact the investigative number on the missing persons page and go from there.

Do you know someone that looks like her? You could always contact the investigative number on the missing persons page and go from there.
She really does...i have no idea what her name is...
but i'm trying to figure out where this girl looks really familiar from.
I have a couple places that i think it might be where she works.
I'm going to look there tomorrow for sure!!!
This is soooo weird to me.

I'm freaking out i think lol...
they both look really familiar to me lol...
i promise NOT everyone looks familiar to me...that's why i can't let this go...
On this link, http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly.html , there are alot of different dates and stories about her missing and where she was spotted and stuff.
It won't let me copy and paste from there though.

Ok i'm gonna try to stop thinking about this for now until people can come on here and try to help me out...
i'm new to this....so i'm not sure what to do exactly...
nite everyone

I'm freaking out i think lol...
they both look really familiar to me lol...
i promise NOT everyone looks familiar to me...that's why i can't let this go...
On this link, http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly.html , there are alot of different dates and stories about her missing and where she was spotted and stuff.
It won't let me copy and paste from there though.
This girl looks like julia stiles . Who do you know that looks like her? Anybody else think that or do i need more sleep?http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/sinayyy/julia.jpg Andhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Julia_Stiles_by_David_Shankbone.jpg/225px-Julia_Stiles_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Hmmm....since you asked....i think you MAYBE you need more sleep??? :)
No...just saying....i don't see that at all in her.....
there are two places that are really sticking out in my mind....
i'm pretty sure the girl that i think looks soooooo much like this missing girl....
i'm pretty sure she works at a grocery store around here...i can almost picture her....
OR
i think maybe at a doctor's office i go to....
i'm sitting here picturing her at both places....
it's somewhere that i've seen her LOTS of times....
i'm just trying to figure out which place.....

I thought the Kimberly from the Doe Network might fit one of the unidentified. The gap in the front teeth and the picture looked like someone I had seen being compared in another thread. I scoured the threads for a little while yesterday and couldn't find it. I kept getting distracted by other cases. There has got to be an easier way to compare the different sites and the missing to the unidentified. Does any one offer suggestions on that? Also off topic, why can't we label threads in a consistent manner....like use a name, dob, and date missing/date found, etc. That would make looking through threads for the one in question or comparing a little easier I think. JMO

Bump

This month will mark 28 years that Kimberly has been missing. Come home soon sweetie.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2919

I have so many questions about this case:

1. Why did she choose to see her dad at this time-was it a cover up for meeting someone else?
2. If she was traveling to Texas, how and why did she end up in CA as a prostitute? Did she meet the wrong person along the way and get forced into human trafficking?
3. Where she vanished between Iowa and TX, of course, and if she vanished w/in TX, was it along the Highway to Hell/Killing Field???
4. Did she have a history of running away?
5. Did her friends know anything?

I am really intersted in that lead about her working as a prostitute in CA. I think that is genuine, but girls who work under guys like that get moved around a lot...if she's been working under those circumstances since the 80s, I think she may have been harmed by now (through her work or drugs), or have a new life and indentity, not wanting to be found because of what she went thru. The biggest part of this is finding out where she vanished.
If she was traveling by Greyhound bus, wouldn't there be a trace of her travels?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back