728 users online (119 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Couric set to leave NBC

Drudge Report

I'm not crazy about this news. I love Katie and I really don't care for CBS....

I don't know the source named in the Drudge Report, but don't give the DR a whole lot of faith...however...

I would hate for Katie to leave too! Honestly I don't know that she would do all that well in an evening anchor position...I think she has been doing "news light" for quite a while. Besides, I would really miss (sing along with me here)
    "Katie, Matt, Al and Ann....."

I don't really like the others they are grooming for her position either...

Lynie

I personally do not care for Katie. (I know alot of people think she's the greatest thing)

I like Ann Curry much better- and Diane Sawyer even more.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom

I personally do not care for Katie. (I know alot of people think she's the greatest thing)
    I'll go one step further--I can't stand Katie Couric.

I do really like you, though, Les.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I'll go one step further--I can't stand Katie Couric.

I do really like you, though, Les.

Can't stand Katie and refuse to watch the Today Show. I can't remember which time they sold out that turned me off forever. Too many times to count.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    I like Katie a lot, but I love Ann Curry!!!!!

I think Katie is cute as a button.

I can't stand Katie, but I'm with you IdahoMom!

But, I love Leslee too!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

u guys crack me up......i love leslee if u guys do.....lol
    I love diane sawyer
    katie is a good person
    I dont know that I dislike her but I dont watch her..
    she might remind me of the perfect girls in HS (as deemed by society)
    and they always kinda made me want to puke..so congenial and me so mouthy..lol

Good riddance. I don't like Katie on air, I don't know how she is off-camera, but I've read in the tabs that she's a real diva. IMO, she's rude to Ann Curry and KC tries too hard to come across as a sweet little princess. She seems to have a bad case of "it's all about me" and if not about her, then she works in her daugher(s) EVERYTIME something about kids is brought up. And she ain't all that as an interviewer either.

JMO

not a fan in any way of katie couric.

but i must say i find the drudge report to be as reliable as CNN website. and often they break stories before CNN.

I don't like Katie at all. Just something about her, I can't stand!

Talking

One of the longest guessing games in TV news whether NBC Today star Katie Couric will leave to join The CBS Evening News as the first solo female network news anchor appears to have been resolved.
    Couric and CBS have tentatively reached a deal that could be announced any day now, but probably by the end of the week, two sources close to the negotiations said Monday.

The deal calls for Couric arguably the biggest star in network news to anchor the third-place Evening News, contribute to newsmagazine 60 Minutes and have some yet-to-be-announced prime-time role, possibly producing specials, the sources said.

~~~SNIP~~~

Contractually Couric, whose contract with NBC expires on May 31, could not negotiate with CBS until next month. And at a press conference with reporters in December to discuss Today's 10 straight years in first place, Couric shut down any questions about her future.

~~~SNIP~~~

Much more at following link.....http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...4-couric_x.htm

I found it interesting that "contractually" KC couldn't negotiate with CBS, so how is it that everyone seems to know where she is going and what she'll be doing at CBS?
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Never have liked her. I like ABC myself as far as network news goes. I just heard the Meredith Viera has been offered Katie's slot and that Barbara Walters supports whatever decision she makes.

I really figured Ann Curry would be moved over to her slot since she's the fill-in when she's gone.....and the usual thing they do is move the news-reader into the vacancy.......like Matt Lauer replaced Bryant Gumbel. It will be interesting..........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast