CT - Roger Mariani, 61, shot to death on I-95, West Haven, 2 April 2006

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A motorist opened fire on a group of Hell's Angels motorcyclists along Interstate 95, killing one and injuring another, police said.

The bikers were traveling near West Haven around 3:30 p.m. Sunday when they were shot, said State Police spokesman Sgt. J. Paul Vance.

Police were considering a number of possible motives including road rage, and authorities across the Northeast were alerted to look for a green GMC sport-utility vehicle with Florida plates, Vance said. He said police believe four men were in the vehicle. One of the bikers, Roger Mariani, 61, of Stratford, pulled over before realizing he had been shot in the upper torso, Vance said. He later died at the Yale-New Haven Hospital.

~~~SNIP~~~

http://www.courttv.com

(You'll have to click on the story, I can't get it to show up in my address bar, sorry)

All I have to say, is I feel sorry for the moron that shot this guy. He obviously wasn't using his 10% of brain power.

the original tez said:
All I have to say, is I feel sorry for the moron that shot this guy. He obviously wasn't using his 10% of brain power.

I know what you mean. Payback is gonna be a b**ch for this guy if they find him first...

Dont think its if ...think its when what else do they have to do as opposed
to LE .

Just hope no one else gets hurt in the process .

The dude had to know what he was doing. I've seen them in person. You can't accidentally think its just a dude out for a ride on a motorcycle. I'd hate to be in his shoes though. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are they still as mean as they used to be? You don't hear much about them now. And, the guy was 61.

BeeBee said:
Are they still as mean as they used to be? You don't hear much about them now. And, the guy was 61.
Yep, Beebs, they are still the way they used to be. I only know this because I had an uncle who was in a rival gang back in Colorado. Not pretty when bikers in opposing clubs go to war. But this guy who shot this Hell's Angel is going to wish he was never born if they find him before LE.:eek:

BeeBee said:
No, Hell's Angels aren't are "mean" as they used to be--but they are used to taking care of their own, and aren't afraid of someone calling the police. And whoever did this--whatever jail/prison he ends up in, he'll have to spend his entire sentence in PC. Then again, whoever did it might be from a rival gang, like the Pagans or the Warriors, or even a banger like a Crip, Latin King.

BeeBee said:
Our local HE chapter had a poker run on Saturday. They all ended up at a retirement party for one our our friends who also rides, but not a memebr of their club. They were all very civilized. We've been on bike runs with them before and even go to teh HE halloween party every year. Never had a problem with any of them excpet the women. I'm a straight person and a few of them or bi-sexual (which is okay unitl they start grabbing my A$$.) That's when I come out swinging (fists that is:D ) Seriously, we've never had a problem with any of them. Btw. we lost one on Saturday during the run, 26 year old girl was riding with somebody and they got inot a crash, she died:( . God Bless you Athena:innocent:

I've never known a Hell's Angel, but I've been forunate enough to get to know some bikers in my life. Most of them are big teddy bears. I believe they even do a toy drive every year. :)

When I lived in San Diego, I'd see a big group of them drive by our car every once in a while, but that's about it. Even my parents, police officers at the time, didn't really mention much about them. :cool:

The Hell's Angels, Sons of Silence, and the Outlaws just to name a few are wonderful when it comes to donating money and or toys for the Toys for Tots program around Christmas time. I know that my uncle (when he was still alive) was also a great supporter of the St. Jude Children's Hospital.

It is ashame that a few bad apples can give a whole club a bad name. But, such is life.

BakerPrune64, sorry to hear that someone died during the Poker Run. I'll say a special prayer for her along with the Hell's Angel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back