Theater Pulls Trailer for 'United 93'

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Tuesday April 4 10:46 AM ET

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]

A New York City movie theater has pulled the trailer for "United 93," which chronicles in real time the hijacked United Airlines flight that crashed into a Western Pennsylvania field on Sept. 11.

The AMC Loews Lincoln Square 12 theater in Manhattan said it made the decision after viewers complained they found it too upsetting.

"I don't think people are ready for this," theater manager Kevin Adjodha said.
"One lady was crying," Adjodha told Newsweek. "She was saying that we shouldn't have played the trailer. That this was wrong." Universal Studios in Los Angeles, meanwhile, said it would go ahead with plans to show the trailer for the thriller, which is scheduled to open in theaters on April 28.

more here
[/size][/font]

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this decision. But that's just me. I think we should show it over and over again, so we DON'T forget, so we don't become complacent (sp?). I saw a show with Mark Bingham's mother and she is all for this movie, and she says so are the other families. Of course it's hard to watch. It was an awful, awful day. But it happened and we need to be reminded of what happened from time to time.

planeintotower.jpg

In my opinion, to see that over and over in one context (a discussional/informational context) is fine. However, I don't think I'm ready for it to be "entertainment." I don't think I'm ready to buy my coke and popcorn and see actors portraying the thousands of people who died on that day or the emotions of us who stood by helplessly. Frankly, I don't think I'll personally ever be ready to see that movie.

I don't see it as entertainment so much as a reminder, a memorial...

Jeana (DP) said:
In my opinion, to see that over and over in one context (a discussional/informational context) is fine. However, I don't think I'm ready for it to be "entertainment." I don't think I'm ready to buy my coke and popcorn and see actors portraying the thousands of people who died on that day or the emotions of us who stood by helplessly. Frankly, I don't think I'll personally ever be ready to see that movie.
Thank-you for this post.

We went to the movie last week and this trailer played. I was not pleased to see it and commented to my hubby that I found it highly inappropriate. It was quite upsetting.

Oh gosh - I bawled like a baby the first time I saw Titanic, knowing that that actually happened. There's no way I could handle seeing this movie, for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back