OK - Garth Brooks Ex-Wife Kidnapped

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12157415/

CLAREMORE, Okla. - The ex-wife of country music star Garth Brooks was kidnapped at gunpoint by a man who worked on her farm after she cooperated with a bail bondsman who wanted to arrest the worker, authorities said Tuesday.:eek:

Sandy Brooks had allowed the bondsman onto her property Monday to apprehend the man, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant. The worker responded by drawing a weapon, forcing her into a car and ordering her to drive away, said Barry Lamb, undersheriff of Rogers County.

After driving for several miles, Brooks stopped the car and fled into a convenience store, Lamb said.

~~~REST AT LINK~~~

I am glad she is ok!

I didn't know that Garth married Trisha Yearwood in December! I must have missed that one....LOL

Poor Sandy. She sure turned the tables on that guy though. Good for her.

Garth made a big deal on TV out of asking Trisha to marry him but I guess he
didn't want all of that attention at their wedding. I think they had been living together from the time they both took time off from recording and tours.
Personally I think Sandy got the big shaft from both Garth and Trisha. I like Garth's early music but I have a hard time respecting a married man who cheats on his wife and does it so...in her face. I hope Sandy got her half of that big bank account. I think she earned it.

Link

CLAREMORE, Oklahoma (AP) -- The ex-wife of country music star Garth Brooks was kidnapped at gunpoint by a man who worked on her farm after she cooperated with a bail bondsman who wanted to arrest the worker, authorities said Tuesday.

Sandy Brooks had allowed the bondsman onto her property Monday to apprehend the man, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant. The worker responded by drawing a weapon, forcing her into a car and ordering her to drive away, said Barry Lamb, undersheriff of Rogers County.

Just sitting here at work reading the Globe. LOL

The article says that Garth's ex, Sandy, was abducted by the guy days after she tried to dump him. He was also being sought by bondsmen because of embezzlement charges. She met the then married African American, Quintine Harper, at a shopping center in Aug. 2005. Four days later she had rented him an apartment, had bought clothes and a used car for him. He moved in with her in Oct. 2005 and attended family and schoool functions.

She then gave him a list of things for him to do to keep their relationship up. Get a job, get and apartment and get a divorce. He didn't do anything so she got his stuff together and asked him to be out by April 2. She found some of his guns in her Jeep. He said he had tapes that would jeopardize the custody of her kids. He said he would shoot out her tires when she was going to go to one of her kids soccer matches.

She paid $600 to bail him out of jail at one point in their relationship. The day the kidnappng happened she dropped the kids off at school and came home to have a talk about their relationship. He started talking about all these gangs and stuff scaring her. She said she was trying to leave but he blocked her from driving off as the bounty hunters were pulling in the drive.

I know this is the Globe but it's too ludicrous to be made up. Maybe some parts of it are true or they will be in for a HUGE lawsuit.

Happened april 5th...The globe is just trying to sell more papers.
Was on the news in April...

Garth's Ex Kidnapped at Gunpoint
[font=verdana,helvetica]
by Gina Serpe
[/font][font=verdana,helvetica]Apr 5, 2006, 12:05 PM PT

[/font][font=verdana,helvetica]
With employees like these, who needs enemies?

Garth Brooks' ex-wife managed to escape injury Monday night after being kidnapped at gunpoint by a worker on her farm outside Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Sandy Brooks was briefly taken hostage by Quintine Cornelius Harper after cooperating with local authorities to facilitate in his arrest.
Harper, whose exact age is unknown but believed to be in the mid-20s, had been working on Brooks' Owasso, Oklahoma, farm and staying in an apartment located in the property's barn. Unbeknownst to Brooks, however, he was also a wanted man who last week failed to show up in court on an embezzlement case, leading a judge to issue a warrant for his arrest.
Rogers County Undersheriff Barry Lamb says that when a local bail bondsman showed up at the farm Monday night looking to arrest Harper, the man panicked, pointed a gun at Brooks, and ordered her to drive him away. After going a few miles, Brooks stopped the car and managed to flee into a nearby convenience store.

Police apprehended Harper shortly thereafter as he attempted to escape through a field. He was charged with kidnapping for extortion and is currently being held in Tulsa County Jail on the additional charges of pointing a firearm, possession of a firearm by a felon, as well as that initial embezzlement count.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18734,00.html?rssmusic
[/font]

I knew about the kidnapping but how did I miss all the other chit? My head must've been up my rear. LOL That doesn't mention anything about all that other garbage. Wonder how much or what part is true?

I just read the Globe. What a winner that guy is. You would have thought she would be smarter..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back