Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KY - George Hawkins, 46, Newport, 3 April 1961

Several years ago, I started by pulling the newspaper articles that covered his disappearance. I learned that it was the Newport PD that initially investigated it, and then that the family had called in for State Police help. I started by going to the NPD, and although the officer I spoke with said that he considered it a still open and unsolved case, there were no files to look at. With that, he directed me to a news reporter who did some digging, and published an article in the Ky Post April 24, 2004. I then contacted the State Police. I went to Frankfort personally. They said they had to look in their Cold Case files. Several weeks went by, and I received a letter that stated that they could not find any such file on my grandfather. Although I had the name of the officer who investigated it, when contacted, he said he couldn't remember the case. I found him to be aloof and uncaring. With all that said, I suppose the next thing for me to do, is to see if I can track down some of the people from the day that I know are still around. I would like to keep in touch with you, however I don't feel comfortable leaving an email address on here. I will see what I can do, maybe a yahoo account or something, and be in touch soon. Thank you for you ideas. I will mull them over, and please say a prayer for our family that time hasn't run out, and someone who does know something, will speak up. I know that the men who did this are prob. dead, but more than one knew of it. With that said, thanks again. Be in touch soon.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kysleuth For This Useful Post:

If anyone has any information about my grandfather's disappearance, or ideas to help us in our search, please contact me at findgwh1961@insightbb.com Thank you

50 Year Anniversary of Disappearance...

April 3rd will mark 50 years since George Hawkins went missing. Looking forward to seeing any "anniversary" articles and to hear any updates.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12