1298 users online (257 members and 1041 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Wade Lurk, 17, Sainte Genevieve, 1 April 2006

Access photos from fellow countdown members by clicking here
    Access Countdown tips and tricks here

What a shame. I hope they find him alive and well very soon. What a hansome young man who has a whole life ahead of him.

Here's a link to his myspace profile

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=39158239

Did you notice the last login date:

It was 4/4/06, which was two days ago. He went missing on April 1, 2006.

If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

I wonder if his parents logged in on his account, or why the last login date was three days after he went missing. It could be nothing, but I am wondering?

I do hope this young man is alive and well. But it could turn out to be tragic with partying, lakes, and the young age of the kids.

An update with the Shawn Hornbeck foundation helping out.

http://www.mydjconnection.com/articl...nity/news3.txt

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    Did you notice the last login date:

It was 4/4/06, which was two days ago. He went missing on April 1, 2006.

If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

I wonder if his parents logged in on his account, or why the last login date was three days after he went missing. It could be nothing, but I am wondering?

I do hope this young man is alive and well. But it could turn out to be tragic with partying, lakes, and the young age of the kids.
    CL, you are correct the last login is 4/4/06. I wonder if either his parents or perhaps a friend with his password logged on looking for clues. I'm hoping he's alive to but you are very right about the situation in which he vanished.

ALSO, did you listen the lyrics of the song playing on his myspace profile? It is "Be My Escape" by Relient K. Check out the lyrics, I may be grabbing at straws here but it is almost eerie.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/relientk/bemyescape.html

i wonder if someone snuck up on him while he was sleeping in his car...

at least he had the brains to try to sleep it off rather than drive home drunk, but i'm afraid someone might have harmed him.

Relient K is a Christian band.. and the song is a cry out to God to be their escape from the rut they've found themselves in life. It isn't mean to be an escape from life in general. It's an escape from the complacency they've found in their Christian life, in the life they want to be living, but aren't for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Melly
    Relient K is a Christian band.. and the song is a cry out to God to be their escape from the rut they've found themselves in life. It isn't mean to be an escape from life in general. It's an escape from the complacency they've found in their Christian life, in the life they want to be living, but aren't for whatever reason.
    Hi Melly. Thanks for the information. I actually liked the song but I thought the lyrics could be tied into his missing status, which is what I found eerie. I was thinking maybe he was wanting to get away from whatever was bothering him and has possibly disappeared to escape from his problems.

I wonder what the roads are like there. Maybe he did wake up and decide to drive on home. If he was still half drunk he could have gone off the road somewhere and maybe he hasn't been spotted.

Steve Huff has a bunch of information regarding this on his site.

www.huffcrimeblog.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191170,00.html

I often get asked how we decide which missing persons cases to cover. There is no particular formula, but we do get many ideas from viewers. On Friday night, we did a segment on the disappearance of 17-year-old Wade Lurk of Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. We decided to cover Wade's disappearance because on Friday I received several e-mails from viewers asking us to look into it. In reading the e-mails on Friday, I remembered getting other e-mails earlier in the week about Wade, so I sent a note off to my senior producer in New York. Someone on our staff investigated further and learned that we could get the cooperation of the family (his parents said they would come on the show to get the word out about Wade) and Sheriff Gary Stolzer said he would talk about the case as well. Within a few hours, the segment was a "go." This is not an uncommon way we get stories.

The missing white Nissan has a MO license plate number 720WCC. Anyone with information on Wade Lurk is asked to call the Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff's Department, 573-883-5820.

http://www.belleville.com/mld/bellev...e/14261435.htm

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1147704.html

**snip**

Wade M. Lurk, 17, was last seen sleeping in his car during the early morning hours of April 1 at Goose Creek, a campsite near the border of Ste. Genevieve and St. Francois counties. Sunday marked the start of the Holy Week leading up to Easter Sunday. And at the conclusion of Palm Sunday service, authorities still had no answers about Lurk's whereabouts...

A $25,000 reward is being offered for information about the teen's whereabouts

Help Find Wade!

Last year around this time a young man went missing in my town. His name was Sean Sullivan. He was found about a week later, dead in his car, which had gone off the side of the freeway and behind some bushes. A city worker found him by chance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast