1249 users online (237 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Four teens charged in school massacre plot, Camden County, 2006

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060406/...rested_threats

Terror Charges for Boys Accused in Plot

By GEOFF MULVIHILL, Associated Press Writer

CAMDEN, N.J. - Four teenagers accused of plotting to kill about 25 people in a lunch-period massacre at a high school were charged Thursday under a terrorism law created after the Sept. 11 attacks.

The boys, ages 14 to 16, were arrested Wednesday after police heard about the alleged plot from administrators at the school, where three of the teens are students. Their names were not released because of their ages.

Authorities said the teens planned to attack students, teachers and others at Winslow Township High.

The four boys appeared in family court, and a judge ordered them held for psychiatric evaluations.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

see link for entire article
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 04-07-2006 at 04:14 PM.

The father of one of the boys said the charges were a mistake: "I think it's just kids hanging out together and having a little wild time, that's all."

yep, that's the ticket - they were just having a little wild time - NO THEY ARE MANIACS!!!

I just wanted to make this clear. This didn't occur in the city of Camden, far from it! It happened in Camden County, Winslow Township.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Masissy
    The father of one of the boys said the charges were a mistake: "I think it's just kids hanging out together and having a little wild time, that's all."

yep, that's the ticket - they were just having a little wild time - NO THEY ARE MANIACS!!!
    Yep, kindo of like Harris and Klebold building pipebombs months before Columbine. They were just having a "little fun."
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Prior to the new terrorism laws, what would they have been charged under? Just curious about what the potential sentence would have been under the 'pre-911' laws.....

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    I just wanted to make this clear. This didn't occur in the city of Camden, far from it! It happened in Camden County, Winslow Township.
    I heard it was Atco, NJ.... Edgewood Senior High, that is my old high school, can anyone confirm?

OK...here is the local paper, it was Winslow High School...you can find everything here at this newspaper, it's local

http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...me=WINSLOWPLOT

That's scary. One of the youths is said to have come from "Sicklerville" - more like Sickville.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnz
    That's scary. One of the youths is said to have come from "Sicklerville" - more like Sickville.
    My sister lives in Sicklerville, that is where I group up in my teenage years.

Two of the boys got sentences of six and five years respectively, the others got probation.

I wonder what they're up to now. Then again, maybe I don't need to know.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...r-gets-6-years