GUILTY NJ - Four teens charged in school massacre plot, Camden County, 2006

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060406/ap_on_re_us/teens_arrested_threats

Terror Charges for Boys Accused in Plot

By GEOFF MULVIHILL, Associated Press Writer

CAMDEN, N.J. - Four teenagers accused of plotting to kill about 25 people in a lunch-period massacre at a high school were charged Thursday under a terrorism law created after the Sept. 11 attacks.

The boys, ages 14 to 16, were arrested Wednesday after police heard about the alleged plot from administrators at the school, where three of the teens are students. Their names were not released because of their ages.

Authorities said the teens planned to attack students, teachers and others at Winslow Township High.

The four boys appeared in family court, and a judge ordered them held for psychiatric evaluations.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

see link for entire article

The father of one of the boys said the charges were a mistake: "I think it's just kids hanging out together and having a little wild time, that's all."

yep, that's the ticket - they were just having a little wild time - NO THEY ARE MANIACS!!!

I just wanted to make this clear. This didn't occur in the city of Camden, far from it! It happened in Camden County, Winslow Township.

Masissy said:
The father of one of the boys said the charges were a mistake: "I think it's just kids hanging out together and having a little wild time, that's all."

yep, that's the ticket - they were just having a little wild time - NO THEY ARE MANIACS!!!
Yep, kindo of like Harris and Klebold building pipebombs months before Columbine. They were just having a "little fun."
doh.gif

Prior to the new terrorism laws, what would they have been charged under? Just curious about what the potential sentence would have been under the 'pre-911' laws.....

Linda7NJ said:
I just wanted to make this clear. This didn't occur in the city of Camden, far from it! It happened in Camden County, Winslow Township.
I heard it was Atco, NJ.... Edgewood Senior High, that is my old high school, can anyone confirm?

That's scary. One of the youths is said to have come from "Sicklerville" - more like Sickville.

kcnz said:
That's scary. One of the youths is said to have come from "Sicklerville" - more like Sickville.
My sister lives in Sicklerville, that is where I group up in my teenage years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back