1175 users online (227 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Eight men found shot to death, Shedden, ON, 8 April 2006

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.js...qh=itn_8bodies

SHEDDEN, Ontario - The bodies of eight men were found Saturday inside four vehicles abandoned in a remote wooded area on a farmer's property in rural southwestern Canada.

Police were not disclosing many details about the deaths in rural Ontario, about 60 miles southwest of the city of London, except to say that four vehicles were involved, including a tow truck, and that the dead were all men.

I wonder what happened here?
    You put the light in me...

I would think that with that many men and vehicles involved, it may have something to do with a suicide pact of some sort. I mean, you can't tell me all 8 men are going to sit around while some psycho goes around killing them one by one by one... they had 4 vehicles.

I have to agree Magic. This sounds very strange.
    Retired 08/03/03

Yes the vehicles and that many men... I vote drugs.

a thought

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99
    I would think that with that many men and vehicles involved, it may have something to do with a suicide pact of some sort. I mean, you can't tell me all 8 men are going to sit around while some psycho goes around killing them one by one by one... they had 4 vehicles.
    Ahhh but were they brought there all at the same time? If one had some scam going where one killed people and the scam involved use of a tow truck then maybe one would have a dumping ground to dump the cars with the bodies in them. Just a thought.

Anything is possible Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by docwho3
    Ahhh but were they brought there all at the same time? If one had some scam going where one killed people and the scam involved use of a tow truck then maybe one would have a dumping ground to dump the cars with the bodies in them. Just a thought.

Police have launched a murder hunt and say it is possible more bodies will be found. They say all the men were white but have given few other details.
    Source: news.bbc.co.uk

An aerial view showed the vehicles parked within 200 metres of each other. The bodies were still inside. A minivan was discovered in a field about 20 metres off a dirt road.

About 100 metres away, a tow truck was found parked on the shoulder with a small silver car hooked to the back. The tow truck was marked with the logo "Superior Towing." A fourth car was parked in a clearing about 100 metres along that road. The hatchback was wide open.

Police said they mobilized all of their resources to investigate but were not in a position to disclose any possible motive for the murders, although surrounding Elgin County has a history of biker activity.

Several motorcycle clubs have been known to populate the area including the Loners, the Bandidos and the Hells Angels.

In separate incidents in 1994 and 1998, the bodies of a man and a woman were found dumped in the area.

Both had been beaten to death and neither of the murders were ever solved.
    Source: canada.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

maybe a cult like suicide?

who knows

The one thing about LE in this neck of the wood, they are sometimes " not very forthcoming" when it comes to details.

The Biker theory, because of some alleged turf war.

The drug, cult theory. These is Western University in London, not very far away. I went to school there.

The poor farmer, looks out upon his field, sees these trucks and then goes over to see what is going on and he finds 8 bodies.

Just quiet country folks, in this part of Ontario, very rural.

This has "rocked" and "shocked" the whole area and it is front page news in every daily paper both small town and big town.

This is the worst "mass" killings in Ontario. We have never had a crime with this many victims. That is why it is a huge deal.........

This is just so bizarre, I almost posted it in the bizarre news. The couple who live there didn't see the vehicles the night before, so all 4 vehicles arrived/were brought to the location during the night. What would have brought someone to a rural location - where does the tow truck fit in? Did he drive up on something happening with one of the other cars? Was he going to try to stop and help? In one of the photos from one of the links, one of the bodies was in the trunk. That makes it appear that possibly someone else drove the vehicle to where it was left. Or he drove there and was forced into the trunk. What's the motive? Any relation between the victims - friends, acquaintances, etc? Too many questions.
    You put the light in me...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060409/...a_bodies_found
    Eight men found dead inside abandoned vehicles in a remote wooded area of a farmer's property were all from greater Toronto and all knew each other, Canadian police said Sunday.

"We are confident that all the victims were known to each other and were from the greater Toronto area," Ross Bingley of the Ontario Provincial Police said.

The bodies have been removed from the crime scene and await autopsies. Bingley said the victims have not been identified and wouldn't comment on the cause of death.

puzzled

The body in the Infinite suv seems to be wearing running shoes. Would this be unusually for a biker gang member to wear this kind of footwear?

Reminds me of the mafia masacres that took place in New York and New Jersey.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to organized crime.

With them "all knowing eachother and being from the greater Toronto area", it's possible they are a rival gang.

-------------------
    Article taken from theStar.com

Slaying victims not likely locals

"They also weren't particularly surprised that a tow truck belonging to an Etobicoke firm was found at the site.

Greater Toronto Area bikers are particularly active in the tow truck business, including many members of the now-defunct Loners gang, which was active a decade ago in the GTA and London area."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...2154&t=TS_Home
    Last edited by guenevere; 04-09-2006 at 03:33 PM. Reason: adding something

This is very weird and scary. Does sound like a gang-related thing, but there's not much info. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation or anything like that. But whatever the reason it will be, it's still senseless.

It appears that the locals in the area are thinking it's biker or drug-related, and that they aren't worried about their own safety. That's odd...

Prayers for the family of these victims.
    And the farmer who found them, too.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast