867 users online (179 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation Vitamins plus ibuprofen may ward off Alzheimer's

For patients at high risk of Alzheimer's disease, taking a combination of vitamins E and C plus ibuprofen significantly reduces their risk, results of a longitudinal study suggest.

Specifically, the combination seems to benefit people who carry a variant of the gene for apolipoprotein, APOE-4, which is known to put them at high risk for developing Alzheimer's disease.

"We found that for people at low risk, taking vitamin C and E alone is sufficient to further reduce their risk," Dr. Majid Fotuhi told Reuters Health. "But for those with (APOE-4), the combination exerts a synergistic benefit."

As to what dose of ibuprofen to use, Fotuhi urges caution, since the drug can lead to stomach ulcers. He recommends a dose no higher than 100 milligrams per day.

He is so encouraged by these findings that he has patented a combination pill containing vitamins C and E, ibuprofen, and "a small amount of omega-3 fatty acid."

Much more at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060407/hl_nm/vitamins_alzheimers_dc&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    WOW.. this is interesting -- i take many supplements- im totally 'vitaminzed" hehe.. but only take ibuprofen for cramps , etc. and 100 mg of ibupropfen? the tabs i have are 600 mg- have to figure how to cut that baby in sixth..
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

Interesting, thanks for the link!

anyone know the name of the combo pill as stated here? I couldn't find it when i googled....

"He is so encouraged by these findings that he has patented a combination pill containing vitamins C and E, ibuprofen, and "a small amount of omega-3 fatty acid."
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."