NJ NJ - Renee Lamanna, 35, Ocean City, 8 Jan 1994

Richard

Reaction score
Renee Martine LaManna
Missing since January 8, 1994 from Ocean City, Cape May County, New Jersey.
Classification: Endangered Missing
The Doe Network: Case File 1103DFNJ
NCIC Number: M-702254323

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 2, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 98 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Brown eyes; dark brown hair. Small scar on inside of elbow (probably left)
Clothing: White sweatshirt, red silk pajama pants, white socks, carrying a navy blue bathrobe. No shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
LaManna was last seen at approx. 7:00 pm walking away from a family member's residence in Ocean City, NJ with no shoes. It was in freezing weather when this occurred. She was sighted at the Waterfront Bar in Somers Point, NJ later that evening. Her bathrobe was later located 2 blocks away from the family member's residence. LaManna has a medical condition.

Ocean City Police Department
609-399-9111

Source Information:
ID-Wanted Organization
Missing Persons Gallery

Link
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1103dfnj.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: January 8, 1994 from Somers Point, New Jersey
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 2, 1958
Height and Weight: 5'2, 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair; brown eyes. Lamanna has a scar on one of her inner elbows. She converted to the Muslim faith prior to her 1994 disappearance. Lamanna did not drink alcohol or use drugs as per her religious beliefs. Some agencies may spell her last name "LaManna."
Clothing Description: A white sweatshirt, red silk pajama pants, white socks, and no shoes.
Medical Conditions: Lamanna has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. She was hospitalized briefly on the day of her disappearance as the result of her condition.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lamanna_renee.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/147ufpa.html

has anyone looked at this before?

IHADCABINFEVER;;;; to me as a rookie in this type of work, its look's pretty good, look's like age is little off but not by to much...maybe someone little more experance than i will see this thread and check it out.............new york city area to pa. area and back has allway's been traveled heavy by dope runner's.........it's very sad how they treated this poor woman..

ihadcabinfever said:
I have seen the Jane Doe case profile before, but was not familiar with Rene's case.

As mentioned, estimated age of Jane Doe would be off by ten years or more, but that alone should not rule out a possible match, since other physical features are close.

The biggest problem that I see in trying to connect is the separation in time of a year and a half. It is known that Lamanna/Renee disappeared in January 1994. The unknown girl was found in July 1995, and had not decomposed much. The fact that investigators could determine her eye color and describe pierced ears, no tattoos, etc, is an indication that she may have been killed close to the 1995 discovery of her body. The question which would have to be answered would be how to reconcile that time lapse.

Richard;; i though about that too, its a idea i got but i have no way to prove it,, it happen before i was thinking on the line where she is so small and little she could be easy to grab and keep as a toy until the person got tried of his "toy"??? just a ideal it could have happened and again it could have not happened in this case...

Lamanna was last seen inside the Waterfront Bar in Somers Point, New Jersey at approximately 9:00 p.m. She has never been heard from again. Her coat was discovered two blocks from the establishment shortly afteerwards. A sheriff's department bloodhound traced Lamanna's scent between two homes on Central Avenue in Ocean City, but there was no other evidence of her at the scene. Authorities are uncertain if Lamanna has remained missing of her own accord or if other factors are involved in her case. Her disappearance remains unsolved. Some agencies state that Lamanna vanished from Ocean City, New Jersey.

It does'nt mention her ears being peirced , missed that.
It also says she did'nt drink but she was last seen in a bar too. Maybe she used the phone there to call someone. She left in her socks , no shoes on too , says she didnt do drugs, wonder if she left the hospital because she refused treatment.Anxiety is a horrible thing.Could have been a disgreement that set her out the door in socks. No mention if she took a suitcase either.
You think she would have shown up with one.
The eye color is off but could be a type O .

I spotted a case lastnight where the missing is listed then they used a different last name in describing the circumstances , i was tired I have to go back I think its in a Pa listing for a boy.

I'm taking a shot in the dark with this one but what about this woman found dead at a bus stop in Atlantic City in 2007? The side view of her nose seems pointy at the tip the way Renee's appears. Also, she matches the age range that Renee would have been in 2007. Both have bushy eyebrows. I know weight is off but as an older woman if she was living on the streets she may have become heavy or had intreated medical conditions such as diabetes. Sommers point is very close to Atlantic City and she may have been living homeless there for years undetected.

http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_atlantic_u080020277a.html

http://doenetwork.org/cases/304ufnj.html

Update: I've reported this comparison to Pamela Reed with NamUs in hopes she can help. I'd like to get the unidentified woman a NamUs page at the very least.

This case does make me wonder how many of our missing who may be like Renee, still alive but unaware (for whatever reason) that they are missing.

image.jpg

A photo, above, believed to be of Renee LaManna, snapped in October by a good Samaritan in Gretna, Virginia, through the open door of a vehicle as she sat in a blue cape.

more information: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/sightings-bring-hope-to-sister-of-woman-missing-21-years-1.1853256

Family believes missing woman headed to Jacksonville

Renee LaManna's sister Margaret tells First Coast News she last saw her sister in New Jersey running out of her home in just a blue robe and slippers. She says her sister suffers from a psychological condition and does not know who she is. Margaret says she has spent the last two decades trying everything to track her sister down. She says now, more than ever, she has a new hope after there were two reported sightings of Renee in Ormond Beach on Tuesday.

Sharra Schewee-Blair is a friend of the LaManna family. She says she has worked countless hours trying to track Renee down.

"Renee doesn't know who she is. Renee can't find her way home," said Schewee-Blair.

Her family has searched for her now for more than 20 years, handing out more than 60,000 flyers, posting daily updates on social media and spending hundreds of hours on the phone with truckers who say they've seen her.

"24 hours a day we have people working with her family," said Schewee-Blair. "We believe she's only riding with truckers...she feels safe with them."

The family says several long-haul truckers have told them they have given Renee rides over the years. And, from what the truckers have said, the family believes she is currently making her way down the East Coast.

While it's not a sure thing, Renee's sister says she's closer than ever to finding her.

"I've never stopped looking for Renee. I've never stopped thinking about Renee for 21 years," said Margaret LaManna.

While there were sightings in Ormond Beach, South of Jacksonville, Renee's family still believes she's headed towards Duval County.

A 53-foot-long Road Scholar Transport Inc. trailer with photographs and other information about Renee LaManna is set to hit the road. The trailer will travel mostly in the area of Virginia and North Carolina, including Interstates 85 and 95, where Ms. LaManna has been spotted a number of times since last fall. In addition to photos and a description of Ms. LaManna, the Road Scholar trailer includes a new toll-free telephone number — 888-RENEE-11 — where sightings can be reported, along with a message written in the first person: “I can’t remember who I am. Please help me find my road home.”

Road Scholar will also promote the search for Ms. LaManna on the back doors of at least 50 other trailers, beginning next week.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/search-advances-for-missing-scranton-native-1.1872968

image.jpg
image.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff