Ohio Woman Admits Lying in Lottery Case

alpharee

Former Member
Reaction score
CLEVELAND - A woman admitted through tears Thursday that she lied about losing the winning ticket for a $162 million lottery prize, saying: "I wanted to win so badly for my kids and my family."

More of the story

I had the feeling she was lying. :liar:

Gosh that makes me mad... I felt so sorry for her with the news broke about the lost ticket :(

Is reporting all this to the police, media.. etc... considered public mischief? I mean can she be charged?

Wow.. how embarrassing!!!! She will never live this down, maybe the real winner will take pity and give her a million or so.

I didn't fall for her scam for one moment. I am only surprised that she admitted it. The cards had to have been stacked against her. She had no proof, as far as I could see. The real winner even had a receipt for the purchased ticket as well as proof that she had played the same numbers for years. (Very lucky for her that she held onto all of this evidence).

I hope they do charge her with something, but I feel that the cops told her that if she 'fessed up now, they wouldn't press charges...

I'm surprised she finally admitted it. She was on our local news last night with her attorney...the investigative reporter for the news had a copy of the winning ticket and she didn't sound very convincing that it was HER ticket. Her attorney finally said "didn't you look at the ticket?" She stuttered and stammered and the attorney just threw his hands in the air LOL.

I knew it was a scam after they interviewed her the first time on TV...30-40 people were out searching in the parking lot and she was sitting home. If it was MY ticket, I would have been out there 24/7 trying to find it!!

The police have stated she will be charged for filing a false police report.

She is nuts.........IMO......... :loser:

turbosleuthing said:
She is nuts.........IMO......... :loser:

Nuts? grrrrr... LOL

I am such a trusting dork I thought she was telling the truth and felt so sorry for her.

Just like I thought Scott had nothing to do with Laci disappearing and felt sorry for him... and I thought Susan Smith had nothing to do with her kids disappearing either :(

Casshew said:
Nuts? grrrrr... LOL

I am such a trusting dork I thought she was telling the truth and felt so sorry for her.

Just like I thought Scott had nothing to do with Laci disappearing and felt sorry for him... and I thought Susan Smith had nothing to do with her kids disappearing either :(

I'm sorry Cass........she is looney........how is that.

I am very good at reading people. I was only in High School when Susan Smith went on TV and made a public plea for her children. I was at my friends house with her and her mom and I just said........."she is soooooooo lying........she did something to her kids. Needless to say they looked at me like I was from another planet but they apoligized later.

Casshew said:
Nuts? grrrrr... LOL

Cass,

I'm right there with ya...I believed them all too! Especially Susan Smith...I kept saying "No Mother could ever hurt her own children!" Now, unfortunately, I know how very wrong I was!

Mare

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back