Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Guard Dogs Kill Man Who Jumps Business' Fence

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    742

    Guard Dogs Kill Man Who Jumps Business' Fence

    at the end of the article

    Sheriff's deputies arrived to find the man badly mauled and still under attack. They said they were able to order the dogs away without using weapons.


    The dogs are at a shelter. They'll be quarantined until county animal control officers decide their fate.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/8589984/detail.html

    I found this on the WPXI site when I went to read about Scott's arrest. I'm curious about what I highlighted in blue....These were guard dogs, there to protect a business. They were only doing what was expected of them.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,739
    Were they suppose to just growl and scare him???? Guard dogs=likely attack.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,236
    Well, if he was stupid enough to jump the fence (where signs were most likely posted), then what did he expect? The dogs to invite him in for tea?
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

    The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,387
    This pisses me off! My first doberman was a trained attack dog, it worried me to death! If he were to kill someone that broke into my house, he would lose his life for doing his job! I was so worried I bought an expensive security system to protect HIM!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,147
    Not the dogs' fault that the guy was a stupid A$$ for being where he wasn't suppossed to be.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    This pisses me off! My first doberman was a trained attack dog, it worried me to death! If he were to kill someone that broke into my house, he would lose his life for doing his job! I was so worried I bought an expensive security system to protect HIM!
    The article says these dogs were pitbull mixes. That says it all right there...

    The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said the dogs, all pit bull mixes, attacked the man after he jumped the fence at the Cal State Steel Company. Security guards who heard his screams called 911.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/8589984/detail.html
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    The article says these dogs were pitbull mixes. That says it all right there...

    The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said the dogs, all pit bull mixes, attacked the man after he jumped the fence at the Cal State Steel Company. Security guards who heard his screams called 911.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/8589984/detail.html
    I don't feel that the type of dog is the issue here. If any dogs were trained as guard dogs, they most likely would have done the same thing. My uncle used to run a guard dog service. One of his dogs was a Great Dane , two Dobermans, and a German Shepard. All would have attacked under this circumstance. He shouldn't have been in there, at all.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,287
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    I don't feel that the type of dog is the issue here. If any dogs were trained as guard dogs, they most likely would have done the same thing. My uncle used to run a guard dog service. One of his dogs was a Great Dane , two Dobermans, and a German Shepard. All would have attacked under this circumstance. He shouldn't have been in there, at all.
    No, but those dogs might not kill, Pit Bulls almost always kill. That is my point, not that the guy was trespassing.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    No, but those dogs might not kill, Pit Bulls almost always kill. That is my point, not that the guy was trespassing.
    I get your point. My uncles dogs were aggressive enough that they would have killed. He would go take them to the businesses at night and turn them loose, in the morning he would return to collect them before the owners came to open.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,630
    It's what guard dogs do. Kinda a harsh security system (the penalty for attempted theft is death), but I'm not all that sympathetic still. I do remember an interesting case where a frequently broken into business set up a booby trap (electrified grating), that ended up killing a would-be thief - and the owner got in trouble for that, but dogs do have their own, noisy warning system.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Details
    It's what guard dogs do. Kinda a harsh security system (the penalty for attempted theft is death), but I'm not all that sympathetic still. I do remember an interesting case where a frequently broken into business set up a booby trap (electrified grating), that ended up killing a would-be thief - and the owner got in trouble for that, but dogs do have their own, noisy warning system.
    Yup, it was a major risk this idiot was willing to take- the ultimate penalty- he lost his life, and in a very painful way too.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Details
    It's what guard dogs do. Kinda a harsh security system (the penalty for attempted theft is death), but I'm not all that sympathetic still. I do remember an interesting case where a frequently broken into business set up a booby trap (electrified grating), that ended up killing a would-be thief - and the owner got in trouble for that, but dogs do have their own, noisy warning system.
    I do remember that case also. I don't feel that he should have gotten in toruble for that since he had been burglarized a number of times and the police didn't seem to be helping him much. People do things to protect themselves from the thugs of society.
    I'm just waiting for somebody to say that he was climbing the fence to make nice with the puppies.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    I do remember that case also. I don't feel that he should have gotten in toruble for that since he had been burglarized a number of times and the police didn't seem to be helping him much. People do things to protect themselves from the thugs of society.
    I'm just waiting for somebody to say that he was climbing the fence to make nice with the puppies.
    His family will probably say so - and may even believe it - sad for them. I've seen a few of these types of cases, and the family is often in denial. Can't really blame them too much, so long as they don't try to obstruct justice or take revenge. Aside from that, it's a nice fantasy, and comfort for them to have.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,337
    And don't forget... "not of sound mind"...



    Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    I do remember that case also. I don't feel that he should have gotten in toruble for that since he had been burglarized a number of times and the police didn't seem to be helping him much. People do things to protect themselves from the thugs of society.
    I'm just waiting for somebody to say that he was climbing the fence to make nice with the puppies.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,236
    Years ago, my FIL owned a junk yard, and he had a problem with people jumping the fence and stealing from him. Well, he turned his two dobies and one German Shepard loose at night to allievate (sp) the problem. One morning he came to work, and there was a guy hanging onto the fence with a German Shepard holding on to his leg. Needless to say, that guy didn't jump the fence to steal anymore! He was arrested for theft and went to jail. He did try to say he was just trying to pet the dog! LOL, that went over like a rock swimming in court.
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

    The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,387
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    The article says these dogs were pitbull mixes. That says it all right there...

    The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said the dogs, all pit bull mixes, attacked the man after he jumped the fence at the Cal State Steel Company. Security guards who heard his screams called 911.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/8589984/detail.html
    Police were able to easily call the dogs off...that says it all

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    The article says these dogs were pitbull mixes. That says it all right there...

    The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said the dogs, all pit bull mixes, attacked the man after he jumped the fence at the Cal State Steel Company. Security guards who heard his screams called 911.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/8589984/detail.html

    What would Cal State Steel Company need to protect to the extent that they have security guards AND guard dogs?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    18,287
    Quote Originally Posted by miimaa
    What would Cal State Steel Company need to protect to the extent that they have security guards AND guard dogs?
    Because Compton is one of the most violent areas around, it's not even safe in the daytime. The population is mainly black. It's like Richmond here in Northern CA.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27,155
    Quote Originally Posted by miimaa
    What would Cal State Steel Company need to protect to the extent that they have security guards AND guard dogs?
    It seems to me that the inventory, tools and possible copper wiring that may be on the property would be worth a hell of a lot of money. Its a business who has every right to protect its assets. The guy didn't end up there on accident after all. Maybe if more businesses took the necessary steps to protect themselves our costs wouldn't be so high.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    It seems to me that the inventory, tools and possible copper wiring that may be on the property would be worth a hell of a lot of money. Its a business who has every right to protect its assets. The guy didn't end up there on accident after all. Maybe if more businesses took the necessary steps to protect themselves our costs wouldn't be so high.
    Oh geesh....!! Of course any business has a right to protect it's assets. Just seemed a little excessive to me to have both humans and dogs - and I'd assume locked buildings with security alarms. I'm not defending the moron who climbed the fence.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27,155
    Quote Originally Posted by miimaa
    Oh geesh....!! Of course any business has a right to protect it's assets. Just seemed a little excessive to me to have both humans and dogs - and I'd assume locked buildings with security alarms. I'm not defending the moron who climbed the fence.

    Sorry!! I didn't mean to sound snooty!

    (I can be a little short sometimes).

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    459
    A business should have the right to protect its assets to all cost.The business here had invested in a fence,thats a pretty good hint to people they don't want you in there prowling around.Now some punk is dead cause he didn't take the hint...BIG DEAL.....I just hope the dogs didn't upset their stomachs .
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,387
    Quote Originally Posted by proadvocate
    A business should have the right to protect its assets to all cost.The business here had invested in a fence,thats a pretty good hint to people they don't want you in there prowling around.Now some punk is dead cause he didn't take the hint...BIG DEAL.....I just hope the dogs didn't upset their stomachs .
    I hate a thief.

    If someone breaks into my house and jumps my back fence....you'll be reading about it. It wouldn't be a pretty sight. I feel, if you are on my property or in my house uninvited, my family is in danger and I will do anything and everything necessary to protect us.

    Only thing I could promise, they wouldn't be around to break in your house next!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •