CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ex-husband given hot fudge shower
Jan. 8, 2004

By Frank Wiget / Post-Tribune staff writer

A Valparaiso area woman was jailed after flinging a pot of hot fudge at her ex-husband during a dispute, police said.

Julia Byrd Spearman, 52, of the 500 block of North County Road 50W in Center Township was taken to Porter County Jail on Tuesday afternoon on charges of domestic battery and interference with reporting a crime.

Julia Spearman told county police officer Chris Eckert she had been working midnights and she was sleeping when the phone rang. She said she answered it and it was Porter Memorial advising her ex-husband that everything was set for his surgery.

After the conversation, Julia Spearman said she then took the phone out of the wall in the kitchen, because she needed to get some sleep and her ex-husband accused her of disconnecting the phone.

She first told police the man grabbed a pot of fudge off the stove and threw it on himself and then said he was going to call 911 and she would go to jail.

She said when he went to the den and attempted to call 911 she followed him and grabbed the phone out of his hand and threw it outside.

While she initially denied throwing the fudge, while she was being booked at the county jail, she told the officer she had fibbed to him.

She told police she did, indeed, throw the hot fudge on him in the hallway, because he made her very angry, according to the police report.

Eckert said that while he was speaking with the couple he noticed the man had what appeared to be a white liquid on his face, chest and in his hair. When asked what it it was, he told the officer it was fudge.

Asked if he had been burned, the man told the officer, “It hurt a little bit.”

Eckert said Julia Spearman also had some of the fudge on her clothes.

:laugh: I have several questions on the woman that threw "hot chocolate" on her ex-husband. If he is an ex why is he in her home while she is sleeping? If she is sleeping why is there HOT chocolate in the kitchen? We :cool: sleuths must stick togeather on this type of misinformation!! LOL :doh:

Mmmmm... I have always wanted to be covered in warm fudge LOL... but that is another story ;)

I will keep u updated as to why the ex was in her home while she slept when every they post a artical in the news paper I will post it here. I agree I was wondering the same thing.

LMAO Cass

Thanks for your replies.

Casshew, I think I will leave your statement alone! I would surely get into trouble if I sleuthed it. BUT! You could Email me this fantasy!!! LOL

Windchime, You started this thread. Will wait with bated breath for the next episode of this exciting adventure.

If you ask Google what a Puca is, he will tell you that it is an infamous legendary Irish imp. Now I have bared my personality to you. :croc:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back