838 users online (136 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - High School hit list

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=4080171This highschool is right around the corner from me

A school district is looking into the possibility a student had a hit list. It's happening at the Washington Township High School.
    Police and school officials at Washington Township High School are taking the threat seriously. Investigators say the student told them she posted a hit list on a popular website because on that date she was sad and depressed. It's no excuse and they are warning other students and teens from making a similar mistake.

Washington Township police say the 15-year-old sophomore had a hit list containing the names of 17 students, mostly football players and jocks posted on the girl's My Space.
    "I'm not scared because I know she is not at our school. I don't think she can do anything. "
    "Even though your name is on there?"
    "I haven't even talked to her since eighth grade... she was holding grudges."

more at link

This is the 2nd time something like this in the last month that has come up, the other school was Winslow High.

I dated a guy that went to this high school , back in '87. Scary, this world is just so very scary!

Remember when we'd sing "Glory Glory Hallelujah, teacher hit me with a ruler, met her at the door with a loaded 44 and she ain't my teacher no more" and other songs like that and NEVER had ANY mental connection with the idea that anyone would ever really do that?

Nowdays - it's all nuts.

I like to think the girl was just letting off steam, and didn't mean anything but to make a list of people who she's angry at. You never know though.

If nothing else, I hope whatever those people did to get on her list will take a long look at themselves and stop being jerks. Perhaps her list will save the world from a couple of future emotionally abusive husbands. :-)
    PS
    No need to take that comment too seriously. ;-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

OMG GlitchWizard, your signature had me ROFLMAO, that's just terrible, and hilarious!

Dahmer is my favorite bad guy! My Mom reads alot of murder mysteries, so one year for Christmas I got her a magnetic picture of him (ebay, go figure!) and thought she could stick it on her freezer - ha ha.. get it, freezer? Funny joke right? Well, little did I realize that she didn't recognize him.... and the following Christmas when I got her "serial killer trading cards" and mentioned the magnet - I found out she had been confused all year wondering why I'd wanted her to have a photo of MY EX HUSBAND on her freezer!

NOW I see a resemblance. Anyway, I thought it was funny. :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    Dahmer is my favorite bad guy! My Mom reads alot of murder mysteries, so one year for Christmas I got her a magnetic picture of him (ebay, go figure!) and thought she could stick it on her freezer - ha ha.. get it, freezer? Funny joke right? Well, little did I realize that she didn't recognize him.... and the following Christmas when I got her "serial killer trading cards" and mentioned the magnet - I found out she had been confused all year wondering why I'd wanted her to have a photo of MY EX HUSBAND on her freezer!

NOW I see a resemblance. Anyway, I thought it was funny. :-)
    Too funny! Welcome Aboard!