PA - Six Wise family members murdered in Leola home, 12 April 2006

T'sNana

Nana Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Heard this mentioned on Greta but can find no link....anyone hear of it? Anyone have info?

I heard it on Greta too but have not been able to find anything online about it. I didn't catch where in PA.

These bodies were supposedly found in the basement of a house, so it can't be the story Lili mentioned. I haven't been able to find anything at all.

Jovin said:
These bodies were supposedly found in the basement of a house, so it can't be the story Lili mentioned. I haven't been able to find anything at all.
Oh, hmmmmm...I hate basements!
In Johnstown area a newborn was found in a bag stuffed behind a water heater in a basement. Poor baby, never had a chance. The mother was being questioned.

I'm glad someone else heard/saw it too. I thought I was losing it. I have looked all over. I looked on Google, Fox, CNN...Nothing!

T'sNana said:
Thanks....not much info out yet. This just breaks my heart, as I'm almost positive there have to be children as well.

Very sad......not much info for sure! I googled "5 bodies found" and that was the only hit. I'm sure more info will come out very soon :(

Sassygerl said:
Very sad......not much info for sure! I googled "5 bodies found" and that was the only hit. I'm sure more info will come out very soon :(

vd3fc2.jpg
You're so smart, Sassy!
vd3h2s.gif
vd3hoo.gif

I was born and raised in Lancaster County - I just emailed my Mom and told her to keep me updated with info that they get from their local papers. I'll keep you posted if I find anything out.

In that article it says that a family friend... John Sean Adams... found them and then further down it says that the owner of the house, who lives in New York, asked John, a family member to check on the family as the owner had been trying to contact the renters and hadn't been able to contact them. So John is their son but doesn't live at home. I'll bet there are two adults and three children. How awful to go in and find your family all murdered. Something a person would never get out of their head.

They are really keeping this one quiet. The news just gave the barest of details like dead in their basement. Oh, and it is believed to be homicides and not homicides and suicide.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191582,00.html

Oh no, this sounds like another gruesome murders.... with a hammer.

LEOLA, Pa. — Five bodies were discovered in a home Wednesday and investigators discovered a hammer in one of the rooms, authorities said.

Police did not immediately say how the people died, except one had an obvious head wound. Four were found in the basement wrapped in sheets and blankets, according to a search warrant affidavit.

Investigators said they found hair, blood and bone fragments upstairs, and a hammer was found in one of the bedrooms, according to the affidavit.

The Lancaster Intelligencer Journal, citing neighbors, reported the fifth body was found in the backyard

Four of the bodies were found in the basement of the house and were wrapped in sheets and blankets, according to a search warrant affidavit filed in the case.

The Lancaster Intelligencer Journal reported neighbors saying a body was found in the backyard.

Interesting that one of the bodies was found in the back yard. I have not found a link to confirm it yet, but I think that the body count is up to six.

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/21978

Six bodies were found at a Lancaster County home Wednesday afternoon, one of them with obvious head wounds, police said.

<snip>

Police discovered the bodies while checking the home after a friend of the homeowner called 911.

The friend, John Sean Adams, 24, entered the home Wednesday afternoon at the request of the homeowner, Jessie L. Wise, 60.

Wise, who was in New York, had called Adams and asked him to look in on his family because he had not heard from them since Friday.

Just on FOX news, police are interviewing a POI at this time. According to a neighbor there was a four year old boy and a teenager living in the house

http://www.wjactv.com/news/8664112/detail.html

Here's a little bit more information..and this is a local news site...I'll keep checking it.

The warrant also lists other details about the crime scene:
Dark marks found on bedroom walls, ceiling
Hair, bone fragments found upstairs
Hammer found in bedroom

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members