1195 users online (195 members and 1000 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK - Jamie Bolin, 10, abducted & murdered, Purcell, 13 April 2006

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/...0424&qs=1;bp=t

PURCELL, Okla. -- The search for a missing Purcell girl has now met the criteria for an Amber Alert, officials said late Thursday.

Jamie Bolin, 10, disappeared while riding her bicycle Wednesday night, authorities said. Bolin is 4 feet, 110 pounds, with has shoulder-length red hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, blue jeans and either white tennis shoes or flip-flops.

She was last seen riding her green bicycle near Purcell Middle School; however, witnesses have reported that she was taken by a white male between 20 and 30 years old, driving a dark blue Tahoe with a partial license plate of Z69-???. The witness reported that the word "Fox" is written in the back window.

Anyone with information regarding Bolin is asked to call 1 (877) OK-AMBER.

Here is her picture and information,

http://nvfc.us/content/view/2167/70/

OK-Jamie Rose Bolin - 10 - Amber Alert

PURCELL, Okla. — Authorities issued an Amber Alert on Thursday night for a 10-year-old Purcell girl who hadn't been seen for more than 24 hours.

Jamie Rose Bolin was reported missing by her father, Curtis Bolin, when she didn't return home Wednesday night, Police Chief David Tompkins said.

"The last time anyone saw her was a neighbor girl between 4 and 5 p.m.," Tompkins said. "She told us that Jamie was riding her bicycle from school to her house to get a set of keys so she could go to the library."

Police were looking for a white male between the ages of 20 and 30 who was driving a dark blue Chevrolet Tahoe with Texas license plates that had been in the Purcell area on Thursday. The vehicle had dark tinted windows, large shiny wheels and the word "fox" on its back window, police said. A partial license plate reading was "Z69," according to the alert.

more (with photos) at:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....347e512b.html

This is the first I have heard of this. I just saw a CNN bulletin that her body had been found at the apartment complex.

Hopefully, there will be more info. Poor little girl....

Cnn is reporting LE has found her body in the apt complex where she lived.

I am so sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ang50
    Cnn is reporting LE has found her body in the apt complex where she lived.

How sad. I wonder who said that they saw her in a truck? Was someone trying to throw the cops off of the trail I wonder. Does she have a dad or stepdad? Terrible the way my mind works but we know how these cases turn out half of the time. I wonder what kind of a neighborhood she lived in. Lots of questions.

Interesting tidbit from this "alert"

****Amber Alert Canceled****
    Amber Alert Canceled for 10 Year Old Oklahoma Girl
    Posted: Thursday April 13, 2006 10:13 PM CST
    Updated: Friday, April 14, 2006: 8:33 PM CST
    The Oklahoma State Police and the Purcell Police Department canceled the Amber Alert after the girl's body was found in the apartment complex in which she lived. The unidentified suspect is in custody at this time.

More information may be at www.codeamber.org.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving
    Interesting tidbit from this "alert"

Amber Alert Canceled for 10 Year Old Oklahoma Girl
    Posted: Thursday April 13, 2006 10:13 PM CST
    Updated: Friday, April 14, 2006: 8:33 PM CST
    The Oklahoma State Police and the Purcell Police Department canceled the Amber Alert after the girl's body was found in the apartment complex in which she lived. The unidentified suspect is in custody at this time.

More information may be at www.codeamber.org.

I was just sick when I got the second alert Chico. The majority usually say they've been found, but when I read the follow-up it just made me sick.

Uncle: Missing Purcell Girl Dead

News Conference Called For 9 P.M.

~snip~

According to reports, a man living downstairs from the Bolin family has been taken into custody in connection with the case. Police said they have a suspect in custody, but they would not confirm that this man was him.

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/...0424&qs=1;bp=t

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl
    I was just sick when I got the second alert Chico. The majority usually say they've been found, but when I read the follow-up it just made me sick.
    I know.....just so sad. Talking online to some man makes me wonder if it was this guy in custody and if its the same guy as the downstairs neighbor. Haven't heard about her bike though...if it was recovered or not. As always so many questions.

This is so sad. What is wrong with people today?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/14/ok....irl/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving
    I know.....just so sad. Talking online to some man makes me wonder if it was this guy in custody and if its the same guy as the downstairs neighbor. Haven't heard about her bike though...if it was recovered or not. As always so many questions.
    This part from your link just got to me.........The disappearance was first treated as a runaway, but an Amber Alert was issued after another girl told police Jamie had been using a computer to talk online with a man.
    If indeed she actually was seen getting into that Tahoe truck, of course they will immediately know if it belongs to the guy downstairs.

I don't want to read too much into this case until the facts are out, BUT IF IT IS the guy downstairs it raises a lot of other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl
    If indeed she actually was seen getting into that Tahoe truck, of course they will immediately know if it belongs to the guy downstairs.

I don't want to read too much into this case until the facts are out, BUT IF IT IS the guy downstairs it raises a lot of other questions.
    This is very sad. Hindsight looking at this case and the Amber Alert issued so late leaves me wondering if an Amber Alert should have been issued in the first place. If the suspect down stairs is responsible and it does look that way and the Tahoe does not belong to him, then noone saw Jamie abducted.

It has got to be tough on officials knowing when to issue an Amber Alert, just a week ago there was Kelsey Stelting which turned out to be a hoax. Officials are in a catch-22 situation, damned if they do and damned if the do not.

Condolences for Jamie's family.

SO sad...Jamie reminds me of a little girl my daughter played softball with last summer. Prayers for her and for her family.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast