GUILTY PA - Mary McCann, 54, beaten to death, Uniontown, 13 April 2006

TheShadow

Reaction score
Un-frickin'-believable !!

UNIONTOWN, Pa. — A man threw a microwave at his girlfriend, then fatally beat her after she refused to heat up sandwiches, police said....

After throwing her to the floor, Fordyce threw a microwave oven onto McCann's chest after she refused to heat up sandwiches for him, he told police. Fordyce also said he stomped on McCann's chest repeatedly then banged her head on the floor until she lost consciousness — but that he also said he didn't mean to kill her, police said....

Fordyce ran to a neighbor's house for help, but couldn't find anyone there to call 911, police said. After returning home and checking McCann for a pulse — and finding none — he went downstairs and drank a beer before going to another neighbor's home and asking them to call 911, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191766,00.html

Hi TheShadow,

I am at a loss for words on this story.Thanks for posting this.
Respectfully,
Dark_shadows

I'm not surprised - abusers kill over anything - the issue is disobedience to his every whim, nothing else. It could have been a "no" to sex, to cleaning the house the way he wanted, to wearing a piece of clothing. It doesn't matter. He's an abuser, and any rebellion is unacceptable in his mind.

Details said:
I'm not surprised - abusers kill over anything - the issue is disobedience to his every whim, nothing else. It could have been a "no" to sex, to cleaning the house the way he wanted, to wearing a piece of clothing. It doesn't matter. He's an abuser, and any rebellion is unacceptable in his mind.
I can't believe a human could have that bad of a temper.

Now, instead of sandwiches, he'll be getting bread and water. What a Moron!!!

Details said:

What Details said - all abusers do is look for a reason. Poor Mary McCann. i don't believe she ever had more than a few hours of genuine happiness with this monster before she was cowed before him for all the time they were together.

bar-steward. :furious:

Not even a reason, an excuse. Beating up their girlfriend makes them feel powerful, so often all they need is an excuse if they're in a bad mood, or just feeling a little weak.

All we need do now is to find a microwave big enough to fry his -! And I hope he remembers the taste of that beer...

He is quoted as saying "It was an accident , I didn't do it on purpose"

Dumb a$$ if you throw a microwave at someone you most certainly did do it on purpose.
At 58 Years old I think he is old enough to know that his actions could have killed her. Not on purpose?
He what? only meant to scar her and cause a brain fracture? I truly think that domestic violence cases should be tried as Murder 1

Amraann said:
He is quoted as saying "It was an accident , I didn't do it on purpose"

Dumb a$$ if you throw a microwave at someone you most certainly did do it on purpose.
At 58 Years old I think he is old enough to know that his actions could have killed her. Not on purpose?
He what? only meant to scar her and cause a brain fracture? I truly think that domestic violence cases should be tried as Murder 1

I agree.

A lot of domestic violence cases with a severe beating I think should be tried more as attempted murder than just assault as well. He didn't care if he killed her - just because in this case he did, doesn't mean his punishment should be that much less than someone who commits the same assault, but is lucky enough that their victim survives.

Good grief. He didn't mean to kill her? Ok, I have some ocean-front property in AZ too.

the original tez said:
Good grief. He didn't mean to kill her? Ok, I have some ocean-front property in AZ too.
Yeah. He didn't mean to kill her. Just "teach her a lesson" by destroying her.

It's to bad that he doesn't get the same kind of treatment that he gave her. Get some big ole 280 lb guy to jump up and down on this guys chest and see how long he lasts. Just sickening. Poor excuse of a man in my eyes.

Amraann said:
He is quoted as saying "It was an accident , I didn't do it on purpose" . . .
Lets see. . .How does their story usually go?

Oh yes, now I remember: It wasn't his fault, She made him do it. He never meant to kill her but lost it when she did something stupid. And Ohhhh if only she had not done that she would still be alive today and the poor man would not be in so much trouble.

In short, I agree with you about the murder one thing. Their excuses for such actions is sort of like a hunter animal saying to the prey that if the prey would only avoid doing anything stupid the hunter would not hunt.

I was in an abusive relationship when I was much younger. Anything would set this guy off. If his socks weren't mated right, I'd better watch out. Thankfully, I got out, and married a guy who isn't like that. Not to say he doesn't have his moments, but I don't think I have to worry about anything being thrown at me or being hit.

From February 2008:

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/regional/fayette/s_554250.html#axzz3lgbg1Wmq

A Fayette County man convicted of first-degree murder in the beating death of his live-in girlfriend has died less than a month after a judge sentenced him to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Walter Scott Fordyce, 60, of Uniontown died over the weekend at Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill... Fordyce had been undergoing treatment for a liver ailment while awaiting trial on the homicide charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back