1099 users online (179 members and 920 guests)  

Websleuths News

VT - Domestic abuse and pets

The Senate passed a bill pertaining to adding pets in an order of protection.

news story

In studies done pet abuse and domestic abuse go hand in hand.
    We have a man that was brought in the same week that this news story was released.This story is a different twist on the domestic abuse.I will leave a space between here and the story to give you fair warning that it is considered graphic in nature and you can scroll past if you choose not to read it.

A 36 year old man is sitting with us until he goes to court on monday afternoon.He is being held for Domestic Assault.Here is a summary;
    On friday april 14. A man named Ryan was brought to us to be housed until his court date of april17.The victim is the mother of Ryan and the other victim is the family dog.The Officer that responed had been to that residence 3 times in the past for the same problem.The victim stated that her son was trying to have sex with the family dog,she heard the dog in pain and went to her son's room.Ryan became angry and tried to go into the street to be hit by a car.His mother attempted to stop him and he hit her in the head,she said about 20 times and also bit her.The Officer advised Ryan that it was illegal to do that to an animal.Ryan said that he could not get a lady and he wants the dog to be his wife.The Officer asked Ryan if it was ok to hit his mother and Ryan said no.The Officer stated that Ryan knew right from wrong.The Officer even contacted Mental Health services and stated that the Officer was right and Ryan needs to be held accountable for his actions.They were very familiar with Ryan.
    This was not in the press so I cannot provide a link to this.

I will also add that he has not left our booking area because he is blind.
    If you have any questions,feel free to ask....

There is a direct link between animal abuse and Child abuse also. Our county is doing a study on the documented instances and how they relate. If I can get ahold of the particulare numbers, I'll be happy to share.

Hi Bakerprune ,

It is very nice of you to offer to share the study results.I am looking forward to the results that you post.I used to volunteer at our Animal Shelter and Greyhound Rescue.Sadly with so much overtime,I have not been able to help in awhile.I had posted news articles of animal abuse in this website before.I posted an article that happened at the shelter that I helped out with a story pertaining to the elements of what I posted on this thread and it contained child abuse also.
    Bakerprune please go to this website and go to page #2 and go to;
    Richford-jan 15,2002 article.

Respectfully,
    Dark_shadows.

I had also posted an article about a man who baited deer and other animals to kill them.

This man killed his nephew.
    The mother of the man murdered helped hide the body of her own son to protect her brother.
    Please read this article
    It is beyond belief that a mother would betray her own son to cover for an animal abuser,even if it is her brother.

Here is a part of the link;

Dodge allegedly tried to bury Coffin's body in a shallow grave with the help of the dead man's mother, Alice Dodge. She is Bruce Dodge's older sister.

Coffin remained in the cellar for five days before Bruce Dodge went to the police and confessed to the shooting, according to prosecutors.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Hi Bakerprune ,

It is very nice of you to offer to share the study results.I am looking forward to the results that you post.I used to volunteer at our Animal Shelter and Greyhound Rescue.Sadly with so much overtime,I have not been able to help in awhile.I had posted news articles of animal abuse in this website before.I posted an article that happened at the shelter that I helped out with a story pertaining to the elements of what I posted on this thread and it contained child abuse also.
    Bakerprune please go to this website and go to page #2 and go to;
    Richford-jan 15,2002 article.

Respectfully,
    Dark_shadows.
    Dark_Shadows, I have shared your link witht the Director Of CPS here in my county. She is very interested in this Abuse connection and is making strides in the preveniton through a pilot project. Whenever there is an animal abuse case, a CPS referral is automatically generated. There have been several cases where the outcome of these referrals has prevented further abuse of children residing in those homes.

Thank-you very much.Here is a page from the pet abuse site with the headlines and an article about the law passed.

Maine and Vermont law

Here are stats for Ca;
    Ca cases