1118 users online (237 members and 881 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Cynthia Colleen Allegro, 31, Independence, 12 Feb 1982

This is another local case from Independence, MO, where I live. I wonder if the boyfriend is missing too? It dosen't say and I am not good at the investigation stuff....

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/520dfmo.html
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-05-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: updated doe network link

I've wondered about that too. I'm in the St Louis area so this case had caught my eye before. It doesn't say anything about the boyfriend at all.

I tried some searches on local newspapers but they dont go back that far in archives on-line. I found a few links on google, but they all had the same info.

I am new to this so is there something else I can try? I don't have transportation(plus I have 3 kids-1 in a wheelchair) so I have to do it all online. Help? Anyone?

web search

I also did a simple web search. I tried some variations on the name such as leaving out the middle name. I include results here but I do not make the determination that they are related to the missing person. The name showed in the results and so I post those results for people to review and draw their own conclusions.

Cynthia Colleen Allegro
    Colleen Allegro
    Cynthia Allegro

http://www.kcpd.org/kcpd2004/missing...le/allegro.htm
    http://www.kcpd.org/kcpd2004/indexmissingpersons.htm

. . .Neil Allan, Patti Allan,
    Kenneth Allan-Jones, Carole Allard, Rosalind
    Allaway,Tom Allday, Cynthia Allegro . . .
    The name bolded was in a PDF file which also said:
    . . .Membership Relations
    Equity
    Guild House
    Upper St Martin’s Lane
    London WC2H 9EG
    Email: mhood@equity.org.uk Tel: 020 7670 0266
    Before its reform in 1996, Equity’s Honourable Withdrawal scheme allowed Equity members to take an unlimited
    break from membership whilst protecting their professional name. This was granted on the understanding that they
    were taking a break from the profession and wished to hold their membership open for their return. Since 1996
    a new version of Honourable Withdrawal has been in place, which is time-limited but renewable.
    There are many thousands of members who are registered on the discontinued version of this scheme. However,
    we have not had contact with the majority of those members listed below for some time. Therefore, Equity is
    seeking your help to find them.
    All those members listed have been written to at their last known address but no reply has been received.
    Their names have also been circulated to our members via an insert in the Equity journal. Despite these efforts
    yielding the whereabouts of 4,000 members, we still need your help with those remaining. . .
    http://www.equity.org.uk/EQUITYFINAL.PDF
    I also found this image at a msn space
    http://mobile.spaces.msn.com/cynthia...1026&pt=Folder
    The page linked from was
    http://mobile.spaces.msn.com/cynthia...BBB!1026&pie=1

Thanks for looking info that up...
    I can't believe how little info is out there on her...and her boyfriend's info is non-exsistant. I wonder if they even made it out of KC? With the car being found at KCI airport it seems unlikely. I wonder if they have DNA samples from either of them to compare to what was found in the car? In '82 they wouldn't have been able to match it like they can today. Maybe one of them killed the other and hopped a plane out of town....

Cynthia's Brother

Hello, I am Cynthia's brother Dan. I have been trying to find out what happened to my little sister for twenty-four years. I have good reason to believe she was killed by a Charles Rentschler who is currently in prison in Missouri for another murder. There was never any mention of the boyfriend. I think his name, or the name he was using, was David Griswald. They left Kansas City, supposedly going to St. Louis to buy drugs. They were never heard from again and a body has never been found. I was very close to my sister and know she would never have disappeared on her own. I appreciate your interest in the case and would welcome any help. Thanks.

I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss and that websleuths are a great bunch of people that care and will keep fighting for answers!
    Last edited by Angels_Not_Forgotten; 06-06-2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: correction of spelling
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Welcome, Dan. I'm in the Central Mo area.

Is there any other info you can add for us?

I wish I knew something else that might be helpful. I had held out hope for a long time that somehow she might be alive, but I'm sure she is not. There are descriptions on the internet that cover dental work, broken bones, and even her tatoo. I wish the missing person's unit of the Kansas City police would send someone to interview Rentchler who is in a prison near St. Louis, but they tell me they don't have the funding to cover such a trip. I'm sure that he either killed her himself or knows who did. I live in Southern California.

Even after all these years, there is not a day that goes by when I don't think of her.

I am sooo glad you are here!! I started this post because I live here in Independence, only a little over a mile from where she lived!! I want to know if this guy you mentioned is the "boyfriend" mentioned in the descriptions of the circumstances surrounding her dissapearence? I hope that maybe we can take steps to get something done about this!!! She deserves justice and so do you!! Is there any higher authority that can authorize the questioning? Could you visit him yourself to ask? Or write him a letter? If he is being held for another murder perhaps he will talk??? Do you know anything about the car? What they found in it? Sorry about all the questions!! Again sooo glad you are here now!!!!
    Courage, love, friendship, compassion, and empathy
    lift us above the simple beasts and define humanity.

The Book Of Counted Sorrows

Although almost two years later after this was posted, I think it should be pointed out that funding was not an issue. KC could have made contact with St. Louis and had them go talk to Rentchler, they themselves did not have to make a trip for that to have happened. I do not know who was handling the case back when, but the investigator on the case now seems to be more personally involved and compassionate about KC missing persons.

I am currently trying to make contact with the brother Dan who posted here. One thing that would be helpful is more photographs of Cynthia. We would like to get an age progression photo done, but the only photo in the database is the one that has been circulated and it is not the best for that purpose, if it could be used at all with the distance and blurriness. We will also be digging and seeing what we can find out about the accompanying party the day of the disappearance and others mentioned here.

I have emailed Dan through the board message system, and not sure if that will still be an active email address. If anyone here has corresponded with him beyond this forum area and has current contact information, that would be helpful.

KS
    Missouri Missing Organization

I received your email, but before I could reply, my laptop died. Now I can't get to your message or email address. If you would please contact me again at drallegro@roadrunner.com, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks,
    Dan Allegro

The Missouri Missing website has updated their site with more pictures of Cynthia. They can be seen here: http://www.missourimissing.org/CynthiaAllegro.html

Dan, please let me offer my sympathy in the disappearance of your sister. I know we'll all do our best here to help you find the answers that you need.

Do you know what type of work Dave Griswald did? What type of work was Cynthia doing at the time of her disappearance? What makes you suspect Charles Rentchler is responsible?

She's so beautiful. I know, not helpful on the sleuthing front...but it always makes me mourn a bit when I see pictures with so much personality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast