Richard

Reaction score
Scott Devoe DeFelice
Was reported missing on July 18, 1995 from Baltimore, Maryland
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: January 24, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 155 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair.
  • Marks, Scars: He has a large scar from his mid-section to his right side from an appendectomy when he was 13 years old.

Circumstances of Disappearance

DeFelice was reported missing in Baltimore, Maryland on July 18, 1995.
Mr. DeFelice was last seen at his place of business, Pro Image, located within the Eastpoint Mall in Baltimore, Maryland. He left his business at approximately 10:00 a.m. and never returned.

On August 9, 1995 a customer of Mr. DeFelice's business told his family that he observed Mr. DeFelice on two occasions after he was reported missing. One was at a local sub shop and the other was at the Carroll Island Amoco gas station which is in the general vicinity of where Mr. DeFelice was residing with his step-brother. This claim is in dispute by Mr. DeFelice's family. Other then that, no one else has come forth claiming to have seen or heard from him.

On February 21, 1997, police officers from the Myrtle Beach Police Department in South Carolina recovered Mr. DeFelice's 1986 Dodge Truck parked on the parking lot of the Palace Hotel. Investigation reveled that the truck had been parked at the location for approximately three months. A check with the hotel staff was made in reference to Mr. DeFelice with negative results. A check of the vehicle was made and the keys to the truck were located inside. Other than that, there was no other items of evidentiary value was recovered.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Baltimore County Police Department
Homicide/Cold Case Unit Det. Philip Marll 410-887-3943

Source Information:
Baltimore County Police Department

Doenetwork

Bumping case up. It will be 15 years this July that Scott went missing.

The information for this disappearance is so vague.

Makes me wonder - did he have any troubles? Money or relationship troubles? Work/business problems? Ex's? Health problems - physical or mental?

Another case of someone just disappearing while going about their day.

Why did he leave his work at 10:00am? Did he say anything to the other employees? Did he get a phonecall beforehand?

Wow. I just came across this on The Doe Network and came back here to search and see if there was any more information here.
I knew Scott through his business. He owned a franchise sports store in Eastpoint Mall in Baltimore. I saw him several times a week. I would say we were friendly but not friends if that make sense. He seemed like a very nice friendly guy with a good business.
I probably last saw him 1991 or 92 and then was not living in the immediate area. I never saw any coverage on the regional news about his disappearance. I was shocked when I was scrolling through pictures and saw his face.
I don't know of any personal problems at the time I knew him (but I wouldn't have expected him to share them with me if there were.) I recall he was pretty friendly with the other merchants. His store was next to Chick-Fil-A and he was good friends with the owner.
He owned the franchise so I don't find it suspicious that he might go out during the day for a bit. He worked long hours.
The mall has undergone major remodels since 1991-92 when I last would have seen him so I don't know if the store was still in the same location at the time he went missing.
I don't think the Pro-Image franchises exist anymore but I could be wrong about that.
At the time he went missing that area of Baltimore County had crime but I wouldn't have considered it "dangerous" in comparison to a lot of areas. In the mid 90's crime was quite high in a lot of Baltimore City and the Eastpoint area bordered the city but someone disappearing seems pretty shocking.
I hope his family gets some answers.
I hope his family will get closure.

what is interesting that the truck was found so many months later, I wonder how it got there.

I don't think the truck got there because Scott drove it there on his own. Really just my gut telling me that.
He was a very responsible business owner.
It really is hard to believe there is so little information out there from his family.

I go to Myrtle Beach usually once a year, have been doing that since I was a kid. That being said, does anyone find it suspicious that NO ONE had the truck towed? They tend to be all over cars parked where they shouldn't be. Maybe this place was a little more run down and didn't care, I just found it odd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

And what about two sightings after he disappeared??

What the heck happened to this guy?

Just checking in. It still is odd to me how Scott disappeared. If you read my previous posts I was acquainted with him and would love to find out he just ran off to a better life!
Someone else disappeared in the late 80's who left her job at the mall and never was seen but I doubt it's related. Her name was Bernadette Caruso and there was sucspicion about the perp in that disappearance.

Just checking in and bumping up in case anyone knows anything.
It truly amazes me to think that anyone I was acquainted with could disappear and nothing found for all these years.
I can't imagine the not knowing.

Yesterday marks 19 years that Scott has been missing. There is so little information out there. Such a nice, friendly guy. Hope his family will get answers.

Did he actually go missing the date he was reported missing? Is there any way at all he could be the grateful dead fan? Truck ends up in South Carolina......just throwing out ideas....

Did he actually go missing the date he was reported missing? Is there any way at all he could be the grateful dead fan? Truck ends up in South Carolina......just throwing out ideas....
Anything is possible but he owned a business at the mall and it seems out of character (for what I knew of him).

Missing for 20 years now.

His car was located a year and a half after he was reported missing, very strange. After that discovery, nothing else seems to have been reported.

Hey ,
I happen to be that Chick-fil-a owner. Was thinking about Scott and found this site. Ran across Scotts brother a few years ago. A couple of Scott's workers stop by and see me still. My accountant is also the accountant who handled Scotts accounting. We ask each other each year "where is Scott"

Neighbor grew up with Burnadette's husband. He was a cop who was know to have anger issues. Around here folks think he did it.

Hey ,
I happen to be that Chick-fil-a owner. Was thinking about Scott and found this site. Ran across Scotts brother a few years ago. A couple of Scott's workers stop by and see me still. My accountant is also the accountant who handled Scotts accounting. We ask each other each year "where is Scott"

S? , I managed a store in the mall and bought a lot of Waffle fries from you!
Would you agree with me that it is out of character for Scott to just take off? I also can't imagine him having enemies. He was such a friendly, happy guy.

Hey ,

I am going to presume that since the accountant is wondering as well that Scott wasn't having financial pressures. IMO.

How does a truck sit in a motel parking lot for 3 months until someone calls it in? "Investigation reveled that the truck had been parked at the location for approximately three months"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back