752 users online (108 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Dogs and horses shot

'Like horrible target practice'
    Beulah man returns home to find 5 dogs, 10 horses shot to death

Angela Fail
    @PensacolaNewsJournal.com

Five dogs and 10 horses were found shot Tuesday in Beulah, where residents are comparing the animal- cruelty incident to a horrendous round of target practice.

Escambia County sheriff's deputies are investigating the shooting at Desmond Davis' 113-acre property near Frank Reeder and Jay roads.

"This is a random act of senseless violence," said Sgt. Mike Ward, Sheriff's Office spokesman. "We just hope to get the suspect identified and bring them to justice."

More here

I hope they catch the SOB(s) responsible for this. Five English Setters were killed and the horses were used for target practice. A 7 week-old colt was killed. I'm so disgusted with the human race.

"People" like that barely qualify as members of the human race. What is the matter with people?

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    "People" like that barely qualify as members of the human race. What is the matter with people?
    Maybe they were more of the evil secret offspring of Jackie Peterson.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Ntegrity, has to be someone with no conscience and ice water in their veins! Hope they catch the sociopath! Probably will be a person next!

This make's me so angry ......... poor trusting animals . Hope they get the B....... soon .

Seven of the horses are now dead. The remaining three are struggling and the young colt is paralyzed. There's an update here for anyone who's interested. There's also a video of the vet examining the colt, but I couldn't get it to load quickly enough to watch it at work. Maybe I'll try later from home.

What a horrible world we live in. I'm sickened by the evil and inhumanity in this world. Anyone who would kill another human being, or a defenseless animal, for the sheer "pleasure" doesn't deserve to draw another breath.

God help us.

<<What is the matter with people?>>

they're men.

Pensacola News Journal
    Published - May, 4, 2006

Man charged in animal slaughter
    From staff reports

A Pensacola man has been arrested in connection with the April 17 animal shootings in Beulah.

Craig M. Smith, 24, is charged with five felony counts of cruelty to animals resulting in a cruel death, and eight felony counts of killing or abusing horses, among other charges, the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office reported.

Smith was in the Escambia County Jail on a charge of firearm possession by a convicted felon.

His bond has been increased to $500,000 from $250,000.

This may not interest anyone else, but I love dogs and horses so much that this story broke my heart! Anyone who'd kill them in cold blood for no apparent reason doesn't deserve to be free. Thank God they caught this monster.

I am an animal lover too .Glad they got him what an evil POS ,who knows maybe he would have shot people next.thanks for posting this.

Anyone who could do something like that is definitely missing some brain parts. Throw away the key on this one so he can't do any more harm to animals or people.