FL - Rich & Jane Tylski Face Child Abuse Charges, Jacksonville, 2006

aussiegran

Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A former NFL offensive lineman and his wife face child abuse and neglect charges for allegedly mistreating their adopted daughter.

Florida officials said Rich Tylski and his wife hit the girl with a belt, slammed her head on a table and broke bones in her hands and legs.

The former Jacksonville Jaguars player and his wife Jane are free on $20,000 bond each.
http://www.ksat.com/sports/8882543/detail.html
:behindbar

:furious: I'd like to break a few of those parents bones! :furious:

Sly

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A retired Jaguar and his wife accused of aggravated child abuse accepted a plea deal with prosecutors on Thursday.

Rich and Jane Tylski were arrested nearly two years ago for what police said was abuse of their former foster child.

Since the couple was first arrested in 2006, the Tylskis have insisted they did nothing wrong; however, in court on Thursday they admitted to something different
http://www.news4jax.com/news/16367021/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A retired Jaguar and his wife accused of aggravated child abuse accepted a plea deal with prosecutors on Thursday.

Rich and Jane Tylski were arrested nearly two years ago for what police said was abuse of their former foster child.

Since the couple was first arrested in 2006, the Tylskis have insisted they did nothing wrong; however, in court on Thursday they admitted to something different
http://www.news4jax.com/news/16367021/detail.html

What the heck kind of punishment is this?!?!?
(snipped from link above):
"Jane Tylski pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse. She faces two years probation, 100 hours community service and will have to enroll in both an anger management program and a parenting program.

Rich Tylski was put on pretrial intervention so that when he finishes his community service and counseling, the charges against him will be dropped."

"Jane Tylski pleaded guilty to aggravated child abuse. She faces two years probation, 100 hours community service and will have to enroll in both an anger management program and a parenting program.

Rich Tylski was put on pretrial intervention so that when he finishes his community service and counseling, the charges against him will be dropped."
it was a plea deal...

I don't care if they pled... if this is the kind of punishment people get for abusing a child, then these monsters (all child abusers) will continue to do so because there are no real consequences for the action.

Only $20,000 bond each?? They should have a much higher bail than that! Better yet no bail, what sickos

But see....since this was their child, it makes it okay! If they had assaulted another adult like this, they'd be under the jail, deal or no deal. But since the victim was their child....wrist taps for punishment.

/sarcasm

But see....since this was their child, it makes it okay! If they had assaulted another adult like this, they'd be under the jail, deal or no deal. But since the victim was their child....wrist taps for punishment.

/sarcasm

It does say "former foster child" so lets hope they don't have any natural children and they aren't allowed near any children period..

It does say "former foster child" so lets hope they don't have any natural children and they aren't allowed near any children period..

In the article, a friend of the couple said (paraphrasing) they were forced to admit to things they didn't do or their family would be torn apart. That leads me to believe they might have other children that the state was threatening to take away.

I just found this little tidbit from firstcoastnews.com

"But Tylski family friends like Nancy Bennett says any punishment is too harsh.

Bennett believes the girl made up or at least exaggerated what happened, and says the Tylskis confessed just to get this all over with for the sake of their three sons, who will remain in their custody.

So not only are these 2 child abusers being defended for what they did, they have 3 boys with them who get to experience their parenting. Just lovely!:furious:

I just found this little tidbit from firstcoastnews.com

"But Tylski family friends like Nancy Bennett says any punishment is too harsh.

Bennett believes the girl made up or at least exaggerated what happened, and says the Tylskis confessed just to get this all over with for the sake of their three sons, who will remain in their custody.

So not only are these 2 child abusers being defended for what they did, they have 3 boys with them who get to experience their parenting. Just lovely!:furious:

It's so hard for me to say what happened here, cali. I know a family that was darn near destroyed by a lying foster child - no good deed goes unpunished and all that. I just look at those agencies with a wary eye. I myself would lie and admit to all manner of brutality if it would keep my family intact.

Ironically, I am interested in fostering at some point in my life. :crazy:

It's so hard for me to say what happened here, cali. I know a family that was darn near destroyed by a lying foster child - no good deed goes unpunished and all that. I just look at those agencies with a wary eye. I myself would lie and admit to all manner of brutality if it would keep my family intact.

Ironically, I am interested in fostering at some point in my life. :crazy:

I can see your point scm:blowkiss:but just one look at that woman and I can tell she is a brute. I was interested in fostering at one point also but I am too afraid of the issues the child might have. I know that sounds harsh but I work very hard not to expose my 3 little boys to anything that could harm them, physically or emotionally. Nothing makes me angrier than child abuse because these little children don't have a chance of defending themselves and the scars of abuse last a life time.:mad:

I can see your point scm:blowkiss:but just one look at that woman and I can tell she is a brute. I was interested in fostering at one point also but I am too afraid of the issues the child might have. I know that sounds harsh but I work very hard not to expose my 3 little boys to anything that could harm them, physically or emotionally. Nothing makes me angrier than child abuse because these little children don't have a chance of defending themselves and the scars of abuse last a life time.:mad:
i have been in foster care and i think it is a wonderful thing to do for children. my husband and i hope to foster children someday but we will not until our own children are grown. the older children need homes the most but often have the most problems. our first priority must be to protect the children i have before i can take on the responsibility of these children in need.

Soon to be 5 little ones!:blowkiss: Yes - that's why I think of fostership at some point in my life. DH would never go in for it while our boys are young for the same reasons that you mention.

I can never tell much from someone's mugshot. That woman looks scared to me.

Child abuse breaks my heart as well - any form of cruelty really. It sounds like they felt like the Mom was the primary abuser in this case. But it confuses me that they would leave other children in the home where abuse has been admitted.

This story is really hard for me. My husband and I were foster parents for many years. We have 7 children, and the 6 oldest are our foster children, now aged 25-35. After we got all 6, we had our one and only "home-grown" child.

I know that there are times when foster children bring unwarranted charges against the foster parents. But when I read the 1st article posted, it said "A police report said doctors found extensive bruising and six or seven healing fractures in the child's hand." That leads me to believe that something was going on, especially if there were no medical records to show that she had been treated for injuries with valid explanations. And the child was only 6 !!!

I think in this case, I'm on the child's side !!!!

Soon to be 5 little ones!:blowkiss: Yes - that's why I think of fostership at some point in my life. DH would never go in for it while our boys are young for the same reasons that you mention.

I can never tell much from someone's mugshot. That woman looks scared to me.

Child abuse breaks my heart as well - any form of cruelty really. It sounds like they felt like the Mom was the primary abuser in this case. But it confuses me that they would leave other children in the home where abuse has been admitted.
it shouldn't. in florida we have repeated cases of children placed in the home with parents found guilty of abuse. all to often they end up dead. my SIL has had her children taken and returned 3 times. she must complete a parenting class and anger management and they give them back as soon as her drug test is clean. even before the classes are done as long as she attends. nothing changes and they never follow up. florida foster care is one of the worst in the country. we had a 6 month old kidnapped from foster care by the mother and it took the state 4 months to even file a report. some of you may remember the case. the child was found in a home where a woman with aids was beaten to death by the baby's mother and others and a small boy was tortured and locked in a closet.

This story is really hard for me. My husband and I were foster parents for many years. We have 7 children, and the 6 oldest are our foster children, now aged 25-35. After we got all 6, we had our one and only "home-grown" child.

I know that there are times when foster children bring unwarranted charges against the foster parents. But when I read the 1st article posted, it said "A police report said doctors found extensive bruising and six or seven healing fractures in the child's hand." That leads me to believe that something was going on, especially if there were no medical records to show that she had been treated for injuries with valid explanations. And the child was only 6 !!!

I think in this case, I'm on the child's side !!!!

I agree with all you have said barb and for the reasons you stated above I too believe they abused her.

it shouldn't. in florida we have repeated cases of children placed in the home with parents found guilty of abuse. all to often they end up dead. my SIL has had her children taken and returned 3 times. she must complete a parenting class and anger management and they give them back as soon as her drug test is clean. even before the classes are done as long as she attends. nothing changes and they never follow up. florida foster care is one of the worst in the country. we had a 6 month old kidnapped from foster care by the mother and it took the state 4 months to even file a report. some of you may remember the case. the child was found in a home where a woman with aids was beaten to death by the baby's mother and others and a small boy was tortured and locked in a closet.

Oh that is just awful Sherri! How many children need to be kept in dangerous situations and harmed or killed before things even begin to change?:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back