Miss Kentucky crowned Miss USA

Anniegirl

Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My niece traveled and roomed with Tara on a modeling gig in Fla a year and a half ago! Like that means anything to anyone, hehe , but i thought it was pretty cool!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060422/ap_en_tv/miss_usa

My niece, Carla...( she won at a county fair pagant 4 years ago, "Miss Green River Catfish "...hehe , went on to compete in Miss Kentucky and didnt place.

Currently manages department store and still models bikini's..( so not like me..lol) Heres here web site page for Stare magazine , which shes apperared in several issues
http://www.staremagazine.com/mobile/Model.asp?ModelID=157

http://www.staremagazine.com/mobile/PhotosetPreview.asp?PhotosetID=1714&ModelID=157

carlabelle.jpg

Wow, she's very pretty. I love her hair. I really like that green suit. I'd like to find one like that.

Thanks Valinda, best thing about Carla is shes just as beautiful inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A total sweetheart!

The green swimsuit?
Heres the funny thing about some of those shoots , her mom tease her about, some she got paid for, but most of her shoots, she was paid by free air fare, accommadations and swimsuits!!! She has HUNDREDS of them !!!!
I can find out about the green one if you want??... she wears a size ZERO and one...can you believe it, a ZERO! and can out eat every family member at family cook outs!!!~~ :slap:

p.s. she recently went darker and layered with her hair, it looks a lot better.. and more natural.

Anniegirl said:
Thanks Valinda, best thing about Carla is shes just as beautiful inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A total sweetheart!

The green swimsuit?
Heres the funny thing about some of those shoots , her mom tease her about, some she got paid for, but most of her shoots, she was paid by free air fare, accommadations and swimsuits!!! She has HUNDREDS of them !!!!
I can find out about the green one if you want??... she wears a size ZERO and one...can you believe it, a ZERO! and can out eat every family member at family cook outs!!!~~ :slap:

p.s. she recently went darker and layered with her hair, it looks a lot better.. and more natural.
She's a size Zero! I didn't even know they had that size...lol. I used to be a size 3, but now I'm a 5. I have to eat like a bird to maintain my weight. She's so lucky to be able to eat whatever she wants.

Hopefully, she stays in modeling. I think she's much prettier than those girls on America's Next Top Model. She should audition for their next season. I really think she could make it as a top model.

Hi Annie, your neice is very beautiful. Did you say how old she was? Like Valinda said, she should try out for ANTM. I also love that show!

I watch every beauty pageant on tv. I really enjoy them, for reasons unknown to most! :waitasec: :crazy:

She is too old now to compete..lol Shes 24, turning 25 in Sept. .

Lilpony I love watching pageants too and was especially fun going to the ones when carla competed---- of course theres the stigma of "snobs" or pettiness about it but its a positive thing for a girl to get involved in, better than drugs ..etc. and Carla has sucha good attitude about it, and would tell ya later how "mean" and shallow some of the girls were int he dressing rooms , who on stage , wanted to cure world hunger and just be the best person they could be to help others.:hand: :laugh:

When Carla won our county title she was 20, the oldest you can be to compete, so after 3 years of placing only in county -last year, last moment type thing she won, and went on to compete respresenting our county in the state where she didnt place.
She competed in several pagents( i used to love to go to them with my sister.. it was really fun..and omg when she won county..me and my sister kept saying its ok, if she doesnt win its all for fun, but when it came down to her and the last girl, and they announced the other as runner up-- our entire family just leaped and screamed.,cried..etc.. we'd been sitting so calmly..lol--
i was so proud for her because it meant so much to her--- looking back its funny though.

She started the modeling some three years ago..three half, Tara was only a teen so Carla was much comfort and help to Taras mom by roominng with her in Fla. She mom was very protective and felt safe with someone as old and responsible as Carla looking out for Tara for the shoot.
Carla modeled for Austrailan Gold tanning products and did a postor for their "attitude" line... and also Abercrombie clothes and ads.

She recently became engaged to Scottie a guy shes dated since 15!!! and getting married next year , moving off to knoxville- where he recently took a job as an engineer!
My sister tells her enjoy all this travel and model gigs for now, once shes married , having babies ( they want 5! ) she'll be fat like her mom and me!:crazy:

p..s. my sister reminded me earlier i have a pic of her and Tara together that Brooke took in Fla.. ~ I'll have to dig that out and scan it to show ya;ll since Tara;'s a celebrity now and representing USA in the Miss Universe pagent in July..woo hooo... ( as close as i'll come to "knowing a celebrity.hehe)

WOW - strange coincidence. A dear friend of ours was Miss Rhode Island USA 2006 & was Tara's roommate for the pageant!

Leeann Tingley was Miss RI USA & made it to the top TEN! We were all so excited - she's a terrific young woman & she was the first to run up to Tara & congratulate her onstage.

Hopefully, she doesn't quit when she gets married. I believe the age limit for ANTM is 24. She may have barely missed it, but she's still young enough to have a really nice career in modeling. Many of these girls just start their modeling careers at 24. Carla already has experience at it.

Who's Tara? Is she related to you too? Well, I hope she wins Miss Universe. I will definitely make sure to watch now. I hope you post her photo. I'm curious to see what she looks like. That is so cool that she might be the next Miss Universe, and you know her.

Anniegirl said:
She is too old now to compete..lol Shes 24, turning 25 in Sept. .

Lilpony I love watching pageants too and was especially fun going to the ones when carla competed---- of course theres the stigma of "snobs" or pettiness about it but its a positive thing for a girl to get involved in, better than drugs ..etc. and Carla has sucha good attitude about it, and would tell ya later how "mean" and shallow some of the girls were int he dressing rooms , who on stage , wanted to cure world hunger and just be the best person they could be to help others.:hand: :laugh:

When Carla won our county title she was 20, the oldest you can be to compete, so after 3 years of placing only in county -last year, last moment type thing she won, and went on to compete respresenting our county in the state where she didnt place.
She competed in several pagents( i used to love to go to them with my sister.. it was really fun..and omg when she won county..me and my sister kept saying its ok, if she doesnt win its all for fun, but when it came down to her and the last girl, and they announced the other as runner up-- our entire family just leaped and screamed.,cried..etc.. we'd been sitting so calmly..lol--
i was so proud for her because it meant so much to her--- looking back its funny though.

She started the modeling some three years ago..three half, Tara was only a teen so Carla was much comfort and help to Taras mom by roominng with her in Fla. She mom was very protective and felt safe with someone as old and responsible as Carla looking out for Tara for the shoot.
Carla modeled for Austrailan Gold tanning products and did a postor for their "attitude" line... and also Abercrombie clothes and ads.

She recently became engaged to Scottie a guy shes dated since 15!!! and getting married next year , moving off to knoxville- where he recently took a job as an engineer!
My sister tells her enjoy all this travel and model gigs for now, once shes married , having babies ( they want 5! ) she'll be fat like her mom and me!:crazy:

p..s. my sister reminded me earlier i have a pic of her and Tara together that Brooke took in Fla.. ~ I'll have to dig that out and scan it to show ya;ll since Tara;'s a celebrity now and representing USA in the Miss Universe pagent in July..woo hooo... ( as close as i'll come to "knowing a celebrity.hehe)
Its all so cool Annie. I love these kind of things, too much fun.

OB RN said:
WOW - strange coincidence. A dear friend of ours was Miss Rhode Island USA 2006 & was Tara's roommate for the pageant!

Leeann Tingley was Miss RI USA & made it to the top TEN! We were all so excited - she's a terrific young woman & she was the first to run up to Tara & congratulate her onstage.
That is wild!
Carla said Tara's mom was /is vert protective of Tara( as she should be!), she called my sister asking questions about the modeling group they were doing the shoot for to make sure it wasnt some "sleazy " business, and many times before spoke to Carla herself , enough that she felt comfortable with Tara rooming with Carla and Brooke..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back