1584 users online (346 members and 1238 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 114
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    806

    Can someone explain to me on WHAT basis was Darin cleared??

    When I first heard about this case, my initial reaction was that Darin was the killer.
    I have read a fair amount on this case, and an intruder theory is highly unlikely, so it's either Darlie or Darin.

    Since he was in the house at the time of the murders, WHY was he cleared
    as a suspect??

    Did he take a polygraph?

    If it's because there was no blood on his clothes, he could have changed them
    and hid the bloody clothing somewhere.

    Anyone?
    Justice for Jonbenet!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    When I first heard about this case, my initial reaction was that Darin was the killer.
    I have read a fair amount on this case, and an intruder theory is highly unlikely, so it's either Darlie or Darin.

    Since he was in the house at the time of the murders, WHY was he cleared
    as a suspect??

    Did he take a polygraph?

    If it's because there was no blood on his clothes, he could have changed them
    and hid the bloody clothing somewhere.

    Anyone?
    No evidence was found against Darin. Plus Darlie adamently insisted he was not the intruder. Yes he had blood on his jeans but he was giving cpr to Devon and he apparently aided Damon or places himself near Damon checking his pulse. His story was consistent.

    The blood evidence indicates Darlie is the killer.

    He failed a polygraph...given privately by Pardo's people....but so did Darle.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    103
    But, he didnt have a shirt on so there could be no blood drops on the back of his nighshirt come back to haunt him like hers....(athough he must have been covered in blood - looking at the photos of Devon they corroborate him giving him mouth to mouth etc).

    I think people would be more inclined to accept the mommy kills her children scenario if he'd have been more conclusively eliminated. I am not saying he did it/anything, just that there would be less doubt surrounding her if he wasnt still an unknown quantity. She knows that, otherwise she wouldnt have raised the testing of his jeans and the subtle suggestions of his involvement in her appeal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    806
    I just have a sinking feeling that Darin is somehow involved.

    If he didn't do it, he knows exactly what happened.

    Is he STILL standing by his wife?
    Or did he remarry?
    Justice for Jonbenet!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    I just have a sinking feeling that Darin is somehow involved.

    If he didn't do it, he knows exactly what happened.

    Is he STILL standing by his wife?
    Or did he remarry?
    I don't believe Darin was involved in the murders but I do believe he figured out pretty quickly she had done it and decided to protect her. No, he has not remarried.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Britlaw
    But, he didnt have a shirt on so there could be no blood drops on the back of his nighshirt come back to haunt him like hers....(athough he must have been covered in blood - looking at the photos of Devon they corroborate him giving him mouth to mouth etc).

    I think people would be more inclined to accept the mommy kills her children scenario if he'd have been more conclusively eliminated. I am not saying he did it/anything, just that there would be less doubt surrounding her if he wasnt still an unknown quantity. She knows that, otherwise she wouldnt have raised the testing of his jeans and the subtle suggestions of his involvement in her appeal.
    It's not just blood drops on the back of the shirt....there's quite a bit of blood evidence against Darlie. There's no doubt in my mind she committed the murders. It's possible Darin colluded with her but somehow I don't see her taking the rap completely if he was involved. He was investigated...first....but there just is no evidence he was involved in the commission of the crime. Most people think he is involved and I am quite sure the homicide detectives do as well, they just can't get him on anything.

    Darlie has adamently insisted Darin was not involved in the murders or at least that he wasn't the intruder she described. Now she is trying to hint that he is involved....as her appeals fail. If he is involved, it doesn't eliminate her so that's probably why she won't spill her guts as to his full involvement.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    103
    No, I know there's more than the drops etc. but there wouldnt be anywhere near the same doubts for some about her guilt if Darin for instance hadnt have been there at all that night. Because there are still elements of doubt as to what happened, that will allow debate to continue and give her fuel to spark yet more theories/variants etc.

    Darlie versus intruder theory is somewhat easier than
    Darlie maybe together with Darin versus intruder theory or maybe Darlie with Darin colluding/conspiring/covering up/arranging hitmen theory.

    I'd like to think he wasnt involved but cant quite get my head around a man standing by a woman who butchered his children. I have given examples on here of partners that do support murderers like Primrose Shipman but Darin possibly actually witnessed these events, or at least the immediate aftermath which has to make a difference doesnt it? If he is living this lie in complete innocence himself, then arguably he has it more difficult than she does.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    I don't know that Darin was actually ever a "suspect," so I don't know that he had to be cleared.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Britlaw
    No, I know there's more than the drops etc. but there wouldnt be anywhere near the same doubts for some about her guilt if Darin for instance hadnt have been there at all that night. Because there are still elements of doubt as to what happened, that will allow debate to continue and give her fuel to spark yet more theories/variants etc.

    Darlie versus intruder theory is somewhat easier than
    Darlie maybe together with Darin versus intruder theory or maybe Darlie with Darin colluding/conspiring/covering up/arranging hitmen theory.

    I'd like to think he wasnt involved but cant quite get my head around a man standing by a woman who butchered his children. I have given examples on here of partners that do support murderers like Primrose Shipman but Darin possibly actually witnessed these events, or at least the immediate aftermath which has to make a difference doesnt it? If he is living this lie in complete innocence himself, then arguably he has it more difficult than she does.
    I think there will always be doubts about her guilt...with no confession.

    That's my problem with Darin as well....if he wasn't involved and he's figured out she did it...why stand by her after she killed two of his sons. If he was involved, why is she protecting him?

    Arranging a hitman has to be the most ridiculous theory of this crime I've heard yet. All that is is senstionalism for the drama queens, in my opinion anyway.

  10. #10
    sharpar's Avatar
    sharpar is offline If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they are
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Home of the Alamo
    Posts
    1,282
    I get your point but if women stand behind guilty partners or murder kids so they arent a hinderance to a new romance then why not Darin ?

    Perhaps those DD'S REALLY were more important to him than the lives of his sons. Perhaps her affection / good grace was vital & the boys were expendable if Darlie didnt want them anymore. He too had to feel the pressure of her
    depression and the mounting financial problems. The whole attitude of
    gee, raising children is expensive and difficult and if they were gone life would
    be easier.
    Darin may not have been directly involved with the crime but he is a monster
    just the same JMO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    I don't know what his motivation was for anything he might have done, but those DDs aren't benefitting him now. There's another reason why he's being quiet.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,212
    Quote Originally Posted by cami
    No evidence was found against Darin. Plus Darlie adamently insisted he was not the intruder. Yes he had blood on his jeans but he was giving cpr to Devon and he apparently aided Damon or places himself near Damon checking his pulse. His story was consistent.

    The blood evidence indicates Darlie is the killer.

    He failed a polygraph...given privately by Pardo's people....but so did Darle.
    LOL..I can't imagine why Darlie ever took it to begin with. It amazes me that some people think they can lie their way out of everything.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,212
    Quote Originally Posted by cami
    I don't believe Darin was involved in the murders but I do believe he figured out pretty quickly she had done it and decided to protect her. No, he has not remarried.
    I know you don't. I still think he is involved. Even if he did not take the knife to his babies, he helped in the cover up, which in my mind makes him guilty. It makes me sick that he can't stand behind his boys and fight for their justice. I don't think I will ever understand him. As much as I love my husband, I would never cover up for him if he killed one of our children. I think it has been stated here many times, they had a very strange STRANGE co-dependent relationship. If he had ANYTHING to do with this crime, I hope he never lives a day in his life without the feeling of terrible guilt nagging him every moment, every breath he breaths.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,212
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpar
    I get your point but if women stand behind guilty partners or murder kids so they arent a hinderance to a new romance then why not Darin ?

    Perhaps those DD'S REALLY were more important to him than the lives of his sons. Perhaps her affection / good grace was vital & the boys were expendable if Darlie didnt want them anymore. He too had to feel the pressure of her
    depression and the mounting financial problems. The whole attitude of
    gee, raising children is expensive and difficult and if they were gone life would
    be easier.
    Darin may not have been directly involved with the crime but he is a monster
    just the same JMO.
    I soooo agree with you sharpar. Good post.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I don't know what his motivation was for anything he might have done, but those DDs aren't benefitting him now. There's another reason why he's being quiet.
    I think he will get on with his life once Darlie fries. I can't wait until all appeals are over, and Darlie starts pointing the finger at Darin. She doesn't seem the type to go down alone for this crime. It will be interesting to watch what all goes down. My wish is that he would be a man and tell the truth. IMO since he has been silent about all of this, he knows the truth. I don't know how he can live with himself.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Holding Gun In YouTube, Reasonabl Basis For Order To Detain?
    By al66pine in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 12:40 AM
  2. Is this the basis for the Zanny story?
    By Meemom in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 241
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM

Tags for this Thread