Can someone explain to me on WHAT basis was Darin cleared??

Tristan

Reaction score
When I first heard about this case, my initial reaction was that Darin was the killer.
I have read a fair amount on this case, and an intruder theory is highly unlikely, so it's either Darlie or Darin.

Since he was in the house at the time of the murders, WHY was he cleared
as a suspect??

Did he take a polygraph?

If it's because there was no blood on his clothes, he could have changed them
and hid the bloody clothing somewhere.

Anyone?

Tristan said:
When I first heard about this case, my initial reaction was that Darin was the killer.
I have read a fair amount on this case, and an intruder theory is highly unlikely, so it's either Darlie or Darin.

Since he was in the house at the time of the murders, WHY was he cleared
as a suspect??

Did he take a polygraph?

If it's because there was no blood on his clothes, he could have changed them
and hid the bloody clothing somewhere.

Anyone?

No evidence was found against Darin. Plus Darlie adamently insisted he was not the intruder. Yes he had blood on his jeans but he was giving cpr to Devon and he apparently aided Damon or places himself near Damon checking his pulse. His story was consistent.

The blood evidence indicates Darlie is the killer.

He failed a polygraph...given privately by Pardo's people....but so did Darle.

But, he didnt have a shirt on so there could be no blood drops on the back of his nighshirt come back to haunt him like hers....(athough he must have been covered in blood - looking at the photos of Devon :( they corroborate him giving him mouth to mouth etc).

I think people would be more inclined to accept the mommy kills her children scenario if he'd have been more conclusively eliminated. I am not saying he did it/anything, just that there would be less doubt surrounding her if he wasnt still an unknown quantity. She knows that, otherwise she wouldnt have raised the testing of his jeans and the subtle suggestions of his involvement in her appeal.

I just have a sinking feeling that Darin is somehow involved.

If he didn't do it, he knows exactly what happened.

Is he STILL standing by his wife?
Or did he remarry?

Tristan said:
I just have a sinking feeling that Darin is somehow involved.

If he didn't do it, he knows exactly what happened.

Is he STILL standing by his wife?
Or did he remarry?

I don't believe Darin was involved in the murders but I do believe he figured out pretty quickly she had done it and decided to protect her. No, he has not remarried.

Britlaw said:
But, he didnt have a shirt on so there could be no blood drops on the back of his nighshirt come back to haunt him like hers....(athough he must have been covered in blood - looking at the photos of Devon :( they corroborate him giving him mouth to mouth etc).

I think people would be more inclined to accept the mommy kills her children scenario if he'd have been more conclusively eliminated. I am not saying he did it/anything, just that there would be less doubt surrounding her if he wasnt still an unknown quantity. She knows that, otherwise she wouldnt have raised the testing of his jeans and the subtle suggestions of his involvement in her appeal.

It's not just blood drops on the back of the shirt....there's quite a bit of blood evidence against Darlie. There's no doubt in my mind she committed the murders. It's possible Darin colluded with her but somehow I don't see her taking the rap completely if he was involved. He was investigated...first....but there just is no evidence he was involved in the commission of the crime. Most people think he is involved and I am quite sure the homicide detectives do as well, they just can't get him on anything.

Darlie has adamently insisted Darin was not involved in the murders or at least that he wasn't the intruder she described. Now she is trying to hint that he is involved....as her appeals fail. If he is involved, it doesn't eliminate her so that's probably why she won't spill her guts as to his full involvement.

No, I know there's more than the drops etc. but there wouldnt be anywhere near the same doubts for some about her guilt if Darin for instance hadnt have been there at all that night. Because there are still elements of doubt as to what happened, that will allow debate to continue and give her fuel to spark yet more theories/variants etc.

Darlie versus intruder theory is somewhat easier than
Darlie maybe together with Darin versus intruder theory or maybe Darlie with Darin colluding/conspiring/covering up/arranging hitmen theory.

I'd like to think he wasnt involved but cant quite get my head around a man standing by a woman who butchered his children. I have given examples on here of partners that do support murderers like Primrose Shipman but Darin possibly actually witnessed these events, or at least the immediate aftermath which has to make a difference doesnt it? If he is living this lie in complete innocence himself, then arguably he has it more difficult than she does.

I don't know that Darin was actually ever a "suspect," so I don't know that he had to be cleared.

Britlaw said:
No, I know there's more than the drops etc. but there wouldnt be anywhere near the same doubts for some about her guilt if Darin for instance hadnt have been there at all that night. Because there are still elements of doubt as to what happened, that will allow debate to continue and give her fuel to spark yet more theories/variants etc.

Darlie versus intruder theory is somewhat easier than
Darlie maybe together with Darin versus intruder theory or maybe Darlie with Darin colluding/conspiring/covering up/arranging hitmen theory.

I'd like to think he wasnt involved but cant quite get my head around a man standing by a woman who butchered his children. I have given examples on here of partners that do support murderers like Primrose Shipman but Darin possibly actually witnessed these events, or at least the immediate aftermath which has to make a difference doesnt it? If he is living this lie in complete innocence himself, then arguably he has it more difficult than she does.

I think there will always be doubts about her guilt...with no confession.

That's my problem with Darin as well....if he wasn't involved and he's figured out she did it...why stand by her after she killed two of his sons. If he was involved, why is she protecting him?

Arranging a hitman has to be the most ridiculous theory of this crime I've heard yet. All that is is senstionalism for the drama queens, in my opinion anyway.

I get your point but if women stand behind guilty partners or murder kids so they arent a hinderance to a new romance then why not Darin ?

Perhaps those DD'S REALLY were more important to him than the lives of his sons. Perhaps her affection / good grace was vital & the boys were expendable if Darlie didnt want them anymore. He too had to feel the pressure of her
depression and the mounting financial problems. The whole attitude of
gee, raising children is expensive and difficult and if they were gone life would
be easier.
Darin may not have been directly involved with the crime but he is a monster
just the same JMO.

I don't know what his motivation was for anything he might have done, but those DDs aren't benefitting him now. There's another reason why he's being quiet.

cami said:
No evidence was found against Darin. Plus Darlie adamently insisted he was not the intruder. Yes he had blood on his jeans but he was giving cpr to Devon and he apparently aided Damon or places himself near Damon checking his pulse. His story was consistent.

The blood evidence indicates Darlie is the killer.

He failed a polygraph...given privately by Pardo's people....but so did Darle.
LOL..I can't imagine why Darlie ever took it to begin with. It amazes me that some people think they can lie their way out of everything. :bang:

cami said:
I don't believe Darin was involved in the murders but I do believe he figured out pretty quickly she had done it and decided to protect her. No, he has not remarried.
I know you don't.:confused: I still think he is involved. Even if he did not take the knife to his babies, he helped in the cover up, which in my mind makes him guilty. It makes me sick that he can't stand behind his boys and fight for their justice. I don't think I will ever understand him. As much as I love my husband, I would never cover up for him if he killed one of our children. I think it has been stated here many times, they had a very strange STRANGE co-dependent relationship. If he had ANYTHING to do with this crime, I hope he never lives a day in his life without the feeling of terrible guilt nagging him every moment, every breath he breaths.:loser:

sharpar said:
I get your point but if women stand behind guilty partners or murder kids so they arent a hinderance to a new romance then why not Darin ?

Perhaps those DD'S REALLY were more important to him than the lives of his sons. Perhaps her affection / good grace was vital & the boys were expendable if Darlie didnt want them anymore. He too had to feel the pressure of her
depression and the mounting financial problems. The whole attitude of
gee, raising children is expensive and difficult and if they were gone life would
be easier.
Darin may not have been directly involved with the crime but he is a monster
just the same JMO.
I soooo agree with you sharpar. Good post.:dance:

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't know what his motivation was for anything he might have done, but those DDs aren't benefitting him now. There's another reason why he's being quiet.
I think he will get on with his life once Darlie fries. I can't wait until all appeals are over, and Darlie starts pointing the finger at Darin. She doesn't seem the type to go down alone for this crime. It will be interesting to watch what all goes down. :crazy: My wish is that he would be a man and tell the truth. IMO since he has been silent about all of this, he knows the truth. :( I don't know how he can live with himself. :mad:

What question(s) on the polygraph did Darin fail? Anyone know?

Daisy said:
What question(s) on the polygraph did Darin fail? Anyone know?
"Were you involved in any plan to commit a crime in your home in June of
1996?"
"No," Mr. Routier said.

"Did you yourself stab Darlie on June 6, 1996?"
"No."

"Do you know exactly who left the sock in the alley?"
"No."

"Can you name the person who stabbed your sons?"
"No."

The examiner, Waco police Officer Stuart W. Ervin, determined that Mr.
Routier did not answer the questions truthfully. "My professional opinion is that the subject was lying," Officer Ervin wrote in his report....from this source http://venus.soci.niu.edu/~archives/ABOLISH/may98/0451.html

Why did they get a Police Officer to do it. If a more independent/impartial examiner it would have been more difficult to try and shoot it down dont ya think?

Thanks, Britlaw! Interesting article! Sounds to me like Darin is at least guilty of cover-up....something most of us figured anyway. I could see where there would be hesitation wounds on Darlie's neck if Darin had done the cover-up slice job on her.

However, why on earth would he cover up for her? I just don't get that at all! I know that's a question that none of us will probably ever find out the truthful answer to but it's one of the questions that has been asked time and time again. :confused:

Wow! what a "man" that Darin is... I wonder if he's looking for the intruder(s)?Nah, I think if Darin was in :chicken: and Darlie was out, :behindbar she would of caught them by now like "Mac" did :sick: :sick: :sick: yep. She did it he helped.... now which one do we "nominate" as :laugh: worse, worser or worsest?

sharpar said:
Darin may not have been directly involved with the crime but he is a monster just the same JMO.
Perhaps even more so than Darlie herself. She's been convicted of murder, although of course she claims innocence. However much Darin did and I know he did something, he is not being punished for it. He stood there knee-deep in his sons' blood and made a decision to keep what was left of his life. I can imagine them thinking that the murders were just a little bump in the road, like any other hardship one might have to face in life, such as an illness, but together they would work through it. They had no doubts they would get away with this and go back to their lives, sure as the parents of murdered children, but they would still be "living large", quote Darin. And of course, they still had Drake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back