1490 users online (301 members and 1189 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    No the web page was not owned by "Steven". He sent an email to the site owner "Webspinner".

(Webspinner note: The below was sent to the webspinner address as a combined suicide note / suspension hanging reference. Since the author hasn't contacted me again, I assume he sent the letter on a time delay, and was successful.)
    The site owner assumes Steven went through with it - but there isn't actually any confirmation.

There is most likely NO connection to the unidentified man being discussed. Just coincidental. After all, the aftermath of 9-11 saw a spike in suicides.

Quote Originally Posted by PonderingThings
    No the web page was not owned by "Steven". He sent an email to the site owner "Webspinner".

The site owner assumes Steven went through with it - but there isn't actually any confirmation.

There is most likely NO connection to the unidentified man being discussed. Just coincidental. After all, the aftermath of 9-11 saw a spike in suicides.
    I found a different website with the "Lyle Stevik" case on it- just type in "Lyle Stevik Case" on google

more clues

- "Robert" checked into the hotel on September 15th, 2001

- The motel was near a trailer park

- The 1st room he was in he said was too noisy, so "Robert" asked to be moved

- He closed the blinds so no-one would see him

- In the trash can, there was a crumpled newspaper and a piece of white paper on which he scribbled the word "suicide"

- His Levi's were a size 36 waist and way to big to fit his 140-pound frame- so that's the explanation of the 30-40 pounds weight loss belief

Information Found: http://www.thedailyworld.com/article...ews/01news.txt

Maybe this guy took the 9/11 events and staged a suicide so they would think he died in the towers or something. Maybe he was supposed to be there, and had survivor's guilt. Maybe someone he loved died and he didn't want to live anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom
    Maybe this guy took the 9/11 events and staged a suicide so they would think he died in the towers or something. Maybe he was supposed to be there, and had survivor's guilt. Maybe someone he loved died and he didn't want to live anymore.
    The 9/11 death of a loved one was one of the theories on this board- or possibly a friend died in 9/11...

I actually meant to say in another of my posts was "having a page on a website"- not the other way around... just wanted to correct that

Is the photo an unretouched Autopsy photo?
    If so,it does not appear to be that of someone who has been hanged.
    ie;
    The capillaries in the eyes are void of hemorrhages.
    No Livor mortis in the jawline area above the neck where a "noose" would be placed by someone choosing a hanging method of death.(refer to the photo.)
    Livor mortis starts 20 minutes to 3 hours after death and is congealed in the capillaries in 4 to 5 hours. Maximum lividity occurs within 6-12 hours.

Look at this photo if it is unretouched..
    His features are too chiseled and devoid of the marks of a person hanged.Was he deseased prior to the hanging?Just a question.

does not match *Warning: Graphic Image*
    Last edited by imamaze; 09-15-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: added graphic image warning

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Is the photo an unretouched Autopsy photo?
    If so,it does not appear to be that of someone who has been hanged.
    ie;
    The capillaries in the eyes are void of hemorrhages.
    No Livor mortis in the jawline area above the neck where a "noose" would be placed by someone choosing a hanging method of death.(refer to the photo.)
    Livor mortis starts 20 minutes to 3 hours after death and is congealed in the capillaries in 4 to 5 hours. Maximum lividity occurs within 6-12 hours.

Look at this photo if it is unretouched..
    His features are too chiseled and devoid of the marks of a person hanged.Was he deseased prior to the hanging?Just a question.

does not match *Warning: Graphic Image*
    Last time I checked that photo out was probably 2 years ago and does a hanging victim have marks on their necks? Because I don't think "Robert" had marks of any sort around his neck- unless I am wrong...

Now that I think about it- I do think there is something up with that photo because I do remember what the photo kinda looked like

1) The way "Robert's" eyes are in that photo
    - I don't think his eyes would have been open after he died from air suffocation, they probably would have been closed

2) The way his mouth is closed and how they look in that photo
    - I think his mouth would have been open perhaps- not closed like they are

3) Doesn't look like it would qualify as "Graphic"- as in R-rated post mortem photos. This doesn't qualify as a real graphic photo- it just looks like a mugshot that I could find on a "wanted" page
    Last edited by imamaze; 09-15-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added graphic image warning in quote

I found a missing person who fits some of "Robert's" description- but far too many differences

Link: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200300080W

This guy was 26 when he went missing, I calculated his age as being 33 in 2001- 3 years more from the 30 years of the 20-30 yrs age range

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3