Povich, Others Sued for Sex Harassment

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Sans-serif][/font]A producer for TV talk-show host Maury Povich filed a $100 million sex harassment lawsuit against him and other members of his staff Monday, claiming they barraged her with sexual remarks and made her watch *advertiser censored* movies and expose her body.

Bianca Nardi, 28, of Fort Lee, N.J., says in court papers that the sexually charged atmosphere among the show's production staff was fostered by the "intimate and sexual relationship between defendants Maurice Richard Povich and Donna Benner Ingber."

More at link:
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060425/D8H6MGB80.html

Linda7NJ said:
[font=Verdana,Sans-serif][/font]A producer for TV talk-show host Maury Povich filed a $100 million sex harassment lawsuit against him and other members of his staff Monday, claiming they barraged her with sexual remarks and made her watch *advertiser censored* movies and expose her body.

Bianca Nardi, 28, of Fort Lee, N.J., says in court papers that the sexually charged atmosphere among the show's production staff was fostered by the "intimate and sexual relationship between defendants Maurice Richard Povich and Donna Benner Ingber."

More at link:
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20060425/D8H6MGB80.html

Wow, after reading the entire article I think Bianca Nardi has some problems. There could very well be some truth to some of her claims, but why didn't she say no to watching *advertiser censored* and doing some of the other crazy things she claims were requested of her. I think there must be a whole other side to this story, just my opinion.

Thanks for posting the article link, Linda. :)

I heard about this lawsuit on our local 11 PM newscast tonight and thought perhaps someone might post it for discussion.

I don't know if this producer's allegations are 'on target' or not - but, quite frankly, allegations of this nature regarding "Maury Povich" and his tabloid mentality would not surprise me in the least. What baffles me, is that he still has an audience and a following for his low IQ tabloid talk show, "Maury". I mean, really - who wastes their time watching that garbage??

Anyway - IMO .. if this female producer has indisputable proof of her allegations against this elite little group - I hope she nails their collective rear ends to the wall. That said - I think a lawsuit for $100 Million dollars - on these charges - is ludicrous! This producer apparently didn't say "no" or refuse to participate when she felt sexually harassed. (?)

The next quasi news & spoof show, "Weekends with Maury & Connie" on MSNBC should be rather interesting. I can't imagine that these allegations will not be addressed - in some form or fashion - especially by Connie. Wonder how they'll spin it ...?

13th Juror

They're a pair of mum birds

But Maury sez he'll fight tryst rap

Maury Povich vowed yesterday to fight the lawsuit that threatens to tarnish his storybook marriage to Connie Chung - but never denied the bombshell claim that he cheated on her with a staffer.

"Because this matter is in litigation, the attorneys have advised me not to comment," Povich, 67, said in his first public remarks since the $100 million suit was filed Monday. "We will defend this lawsuit vigorously," he added, "and that's really all I'm going to say."

Speaking at a luncheon in Washington, Povich and Chung went through an apparently well-scripted attempt to put a happy face on their 211/2-year marriage - saying they'd love to talk but their pesky lawyers wouldn't let them. (More at link)

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/412560p-348805c.html

Wasn't there allegations similar to this a while back?

For the record, can't stand him or his wife. :sick: :angel:

I am, on occasion one of those people that watches Maury. I actually get a twisted thrill from his "Who's the Daddy" shows.

I just love how the women swear up & down and have the nerve to act shocked when the DNA results come back proving them a liar!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back