626 users online (80 members and 546 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Questions

A little help please.

Could someone post the site for the picture of the red heart?

Was the body wiped down?

Did the garotte have a slip knot or not? Thanks.

Here you go BrotherMoon

Here you can find the photo of the red heart in the hand:

www.realsundancekid.com and click on photos

Or, you can go directly to the page with the photo on it here:

http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/photos2.htm

Hope this helps.

Sundance

BrotherMoon, here's a link to a page on ACandyRose's website containing JonBenet autopsy photos and other information. The photos are on the left side of the page and continue almost to the end of the page. Left click on the photos to enlarge them.

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-thebody.htm

At the bottom of the page is a link to click for ACandyRose's main page.

(Thanks for your links, Sundance. I didn't know there was another site that had the autopsy photos.)

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMoon
    Did the garotte have a slip knot or not? Thanks.
    Yes, the garrote had a basic slip knot.
    NOTE: By the defination of the word it's not really a "garrote", which is a cord, wire, etc. with a handle on BOTH ends.

Good question, because I've asked for years - slip knot or...not?

I don't think it was a slip knot

"The wooden stick used to tighten a cord around her neck and strangle her was 4.5 inches long, broken on both ends and had several colors of paint and varnish. "Korea'' was stamped in gold letters on one end.

-White cord was wrapped around her neck, knotted at the back. One tail of the knot was four inches, the other 17 inches. Similar cord was tied loosely around her right wrist, on the outside of her knit shirt."

The STICK was used to strangle her and the cord was KNOTTED at the back.
    IMO -

The autopsy report says "double knot."

Sundance - great site!
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

The cord was wrapped around the stick numerous times, and then tied into what appears to me to be a simple slip knot. Here's a photo:

http://www.acandyrose.com/garrote2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shylock
    Yes, the garrote had a basic slip knot.
    NOTE: By the defination of the word it's not really a "garrote", which is a cord, wire, etc. with a handle on BOTH ends.
    Yes, I agree the device was not a garrote.

Also, please note that the "heart" on the palm of the hand doesn't look much like a heart, nor does it look like it was drawn by a red pen. The mark more closely resembles a U-shape.

Almost any six-year-old child could draw a better heart than that, and the red pen was never found. Was the red pen missing because it never existed in the first place?

Also, please note that that the skin on the interior of the heart is darker than the skin on the outside of the heart. Why?

I don't think the mark was a drawn heart at all. I think it's a contusion.

The mark is in the shape of the bottom of a chair leg. Take a plastic chair and press the chair leg against the palm of your own hand. The resulting mark on the palm of your hand will resemble the U-shaped mark on the hand of JonBenet.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

BC...are we looking at the same photo? In the photo I'm looking at, the "heart" clearly appears to have been drawn in red ink, and the skin inside the heart doesn't look noticeably darker than the skin outside it.

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenethandheart.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    I don't think the mark was a drawn heart at all. I think it's a contusion.
    The autopsy report says red ink line drawing in the form of a heart. I realize some think Meyer left a lot to be desired as coroner in this case, but I'd think he'd know the difference between an ink drawing and a contusion.

IMO the drawing looks like a "G"... G for Grandpaugh? A hand drawing to go with the dictionary marked at "incest"? Hints left by the perp re motive?
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

I think the "heart" resembles a bird looking over its shoulder. At Christmastime, I showed three adult visiting family members the photo individually and asked them what they thought the drawing was supposed to be of. They all said the same thing: a bird. (Actually, one specifically said a chicken.) They're all blood relatives of mine, so maybe that explains the phenomenom... phenonemon... pheno... whatever.

MaxiGuest
    I think Schiller said in one of the chats that the double knot appeared to be the kind that forms when some sort of slip knot is pulled tight. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the knot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy
    BC...are we looking at the same photo? In the photo I'm looking at, the "heart" clearly appears to have been drawn in red ink, and the skin inside the heart doesn't look noticeably darker than the skin outside it.

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenethandheart.jpg
    Ivy, try this one:

http://hellpainter.tripod.com/jbr/photos2htm

The skin inside of the "heart" is definitely darker, as in a bruise.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Thanks everyone. I was trying to make a connection between the two arms being tied together, the stick and body being tied together and the form of the design on the palm. Other photos clearly show a "G" pattern with a straight line on one side with a curve that goes around the palm to what looks like another straight line. Repeating patterns could be significant.

If the body was wiped and redressed was that done with the garotte on the neck or was the garotte repositioned? Clearly there was a lower strangulation than where the garotte ended up.

If it was a slip knot why did they cut it off, why not slip the knot and remove the cord whole? If it was a stop knot and the lower strangulation caused unconsciousness then the final application had more to do with tying the body to the handle, a kind of symbolic identification. Lots of "two's" here; twin doll, two cords, two raised arms, two men watching over, etc. "Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're gonna go through it twogether."

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMoon
    Thanks everyone. I was trying to make a connection between the two arms being tied together, the stick and body being tied together and the form of the design on the palm. Other photos clearly show a "G" pattern with a straight line on one side with a curve that goes around the palm to what looks like another straight line. Repeating patterns could be significant.

If the body was wiped and redressed was that done with the garotte on the neck or was the garotte repositioned? Clearly there was a lower strangulation than where the garotte ended up.

If it was a slip knot why did they cut it off, why not slip the knot and remove the cord whole? If it was a stop knot and the lower strangulation caused unconsciousness then the final application had more to do with tying the body to the handle, a kind of symbolic identification. Lots of "two's" here; twin doll, two cords, two raised arms, two men watching over, etc. "Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're gonna go through it twogether."

Good post Brother moon =)
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast