The Doe Network:
Case File 1540DFMD

Dawn Michelle Holt
Missing since April 25, 1996 from Waldorf, Charles County, Maryland
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: May 21, 1975
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 110 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Holt was last seen in a motel room in Waldorf, Maryland on April 25, 1996. It was alleged that Ms. Holt had associates in the drug world and felt threatened by them. When Ms. Holt did not return home, a missing persons report was filed. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Maryland State Police
Sgt. Jack McCauley
410-290-0050 extension 142

Agency Case Number: MPR B-57-05830

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Maryland State Police

Bumping this case up. There have been no replies to the thread, and no word on her in almost 11 years.

Attachments

• DMHolt.jpg
    DMHolt.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 80
An article from March regarding Dawn and it looks sadly like the police have absolutely nothing to go on. Such a shame for her kids who will be 17 and 18 now not having had their mother all these years....

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/crime-punishment/2011/03/young-mother-went-missing-md-hotel-1996

A young mother from Maryland went to stay with her sister in Florida to get away from some drug-using acquaintances. But just weeks later, 20-year-old Dawn Holt called her estranged husband, telling him she was at a hotel in Waldorf and was on her way to see him and their two toddlers.

That was April 1996, and that was the last time anyone heard from Holt.

Holt never made it to her family in St. Mary's County, said her mother, Phyllis Watters.

"She never showed up," Watters said. "We don't know how she got back to Maryland. We don't know who was supposed to be bringing her."

Dawn Michelle Holt, 20, Missing since April 25, 1996 from Waldorf, MD

Dawn Michelle Holt

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 21, 1975
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Holt has a scar above her left eye. She has a small-sized tattoo of a bird on her left wrist, a tattoo of a heart with the name "Sam" imprinted inside the design on her right shoulder. Her navel is pierced. Healed fracture of collar bone.
Clothing: A large red winter jacket. White sneakers, size 8 1/2. Bellybutton ring.

Holt was last seen in a motel room in Waldorf, Maryland on April 25, 1996. It was alleged that Ms. Holt had associates in the drug world and felt threatened by them. Dawn had gone to live with a relative in Florida, at the suggestion of her mother.

She returned unbeknown to relatives. On the day she disappeared, she made a phone call to her estranged husband, but did not show up later. Holt's mother reported her as a missing person on June 12, 1996, approximately eight weeks after she disappeared. Dawn disappeared from time to time, but she had never been gone this long. Dawn was the mother of two children.

Her estranged spouse is not considered a suspect in this disappearance. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

Maryland State Police
Sgt. Jack McCauley

NCMEC #: USMDb5705830

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Maryland State Police
NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 1540DFMD

http://ww2.somdnews.com/stories/04292011/indycri174650_32427.shtml

Holt became a police informant after getting into trouble with drugs, according to family members, and her assistance led to a drug raid in Charlotte Hall and a dealer's arrest. It also led to her being shot at early in 1996 outside of a Mechanicsville area home, the family members said, and prompted a trip to Florida before she arrived back in Southern Maryland.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1540DFMD

DMHolt.jpg
DMHolt1.jpg

Dawn Michelle Holt

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: May 21, 1975
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Holt has a scar above her left eye. She has a small-sized tattoo of a bird on her left wrist, a tattoo of a heart with the name "Sam" imprinted inside the design on her right shoulder. Her navel is pierced. Healed fracture of collar bone.
    • Clothing: A large red winter jacket. White sneakers, size 8 1/2. Bellybutton ring.

Holt was last seen in a motel room in Waldorf, Maryland on April 25, 1996. It was alleged that Ms. Holt had associates in the drug world and felt threatened by them.

Dawn had gone to live with a relative in Florida, at the suggestion of her mother. She returned unbeknown to relatives. On the day she disappeared, she made a phone call to her estranged husband, but did not show up later. Holt's mother reported her as a missing person on June 12, 1996, approximately eight weeks after she disappeared. Dawn disappeared from time to time, but she had never been gone this long.

Dawn was the mother of two children. Her estranged spouse is not considered a suspect in this disappearance. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

Maryland State Police
Sgt. Jack McCauley

NCMEC #: USMDb5705830

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Maryland State Police
NamUs

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 1540DFMD

Dawn Michelle Holt

Holt, circa 1996

• Missing Since 04/25/1996
  • Missing From Waldorf, Maryland
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/21/1975 (45)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A large red winter jacket, size 8 1/2 white sneakers and a navel ring.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Holt has a scar above her left eye. She has a small tattoo of a bird on her left wrist and has a tattoo of a heart with the name "Sam" imprinted inside the design on her right shoulder. Her navel is pierced. Holt has previously fractured her collarbone.
Details of Disappearance

Holt was last seen at the Howard Johnson's motel in Waldorf, Maryland on April 25, 1996. She had been staying with her sister in Florida, but traveled back to her home state of Maryland to visit her estranged husband and their two children. Her family wasn't aware she'd returned, and authorities aren't sure how she got to Maryland.

She called her husband that day and made plans to meet him, but never showed up. She has never been heard from again. Holt's mother reported her as a missing person on June 12, 1996, approximately eight weeks after she disappeared.

Holt had acquaintances who were involved in drugs, and she was reportedly afraid of these individuals. She had dropped out of sight for short periods before, but never for this long. Her husband isn't considered a suspect in her disappearance. Authorities suspect that foul play was involved in Holt's case.

Investigating Agency
  • Maryland State Police 410-290-0050
Source Information

Dawn's daughter here:) Today marks 25 years and still no answers, but I wanted to thank all of you for continuing the search! You have no idea how much it means.

Hello, I'm so sorry about your mother's disappearance. I'm not sure if you can share this or not, if you know. Do you know when Dawn's sister last saw her? I really wish there was more definitive answers to how she got back to Maryland and exactly when she left Florida. I understand if you cannot reply, but it doesn't say on The Charley Project, so I wasn't sure.

Hello, I'm so sorry about your mother's disappearance. I'm not sure if you can share this or not, if you know. Do you know when Dawn's sister last saw her? I really wish there was more definitive answers to how she got back to Maryland and exactly when she left Florida. I understand if you cannot reply, but it doesn't say on The Charley Project, so I wasn't sure.

Thank you. :) I don't know the last time her sister saw her. Her sister lived in Florida, where my mom was staying for a bit to hide from people here, and she somehow managed to find a way back to Maryland. We (my Dad, my little brother, and I) were supposed to see her the night she disappeared and she never showed up. The last time my Dad spoke to her was on the phone from the motel and she told him "Denny I have $10,000 on my head. They've been banging on my door all night." Whoever she was hiding from, found her. But our theory is someone who claimed to be her friend took the bounty, paid for her to get a ticket back up here, and set her up. I was only about 4 at the time and I cant remember the exact timeline of when she got back. She wasn't around much then because of the drugs, so it wasn't unusual for her to come and go to me. It was normal. When she did come back from Florida I remember everyone being surprised because she didn't tell anyone, just showed up. I didn't know back then how much her life was in danger and that she was down there to hide, so I thought the surprise was just that she was back and not everything else tied to it. I dont know how much longer it was after that she went missing, maybe a week, maybe less.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back