Child Dies After Going Into Burning House To Save Mom

ajc2804

Reaction score
STEELTON, Pa. -- There was a tragic end for a young girl who tried to find her mother in a burning house.

Police said 6-year-old Da-Onah Watts got out of her burning Pennsylvania home with an older cousin but ran back inside to find her mother. What she didn't know was that her mom, Myiaa Smith, had already jumped to safety from a second-floor window.

Smith saw her daughter run back into the burning home, Steelton Mayor Tom Acri said

"She's taking it very hard," Steelton Fire Chief Gene Vance said. "She's just in total shock and can't talk right now."

Police said Da-Onah and an older cousin were on the first floor when they awoke to see flames at about 12:30 a.m. and ran out of the house. The older girl, Nesha Barely, lost her grip on Da-Onah but at first did not realize she had gone back inside.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/8987474/detail.html

OMG :( :( :( :( This breaks my heart.. So very sad.. :( :( Prayers going out to this family... :(

Prayers for that poor mother...a pain I don't even want to try to imagine. :(

Ugh, may the Lord comfort this family, and may the little girl's soul rest in peace.

Oh my gosh, how heartbreaking.:(
That poor momma.... but what a
brave and wonderful little girl.
I'm praying for her mom.
So sad.:(

Love,

Ariel

Poor little baby, loved her mom so much she sacrificed her life. Heavy prayers going up for the mom.

Poor little girl..I feel so sad for her mother!!

OhMyGosh! This is horrible.

Prayers for this poor mom.

What a heartbreak. So young to have such grown-up instincts.

fran

ariel7 said:
Oh my gosh, how heartbreaking.:(
That poor momma.... but what a
brave and wonderful little girl.
I'm praying for her mom.
So sad.:(

Love,

Ariel
I agree. She was more worried about her momma than herself. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back