Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Taylor's health failing...

Elizabeth Taylor's health failing...

HOLLYWOOD - Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor is reportedly on the brink of death after her heart began to fail.

Sources say the Oscar winner, 74, is bedridden in her Bel Air, California, home.

After learning her health is deteriorating, Taylor reportedly cancelled her annual Easter party and has begun planning her funeral--she is expected to be buried next to her former husband Richard Burton in Switzerland.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3495523

a hop, skip & a jump from Texas Motor Speedway
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    HOLLYWOOD - Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor is reportedly on the brink of death after her heart began to fail.

Sources say the Oscar winner, 74, is bedridden in her Bel Air, California, home.

After learning her health is deteriorating, Taylor reportedly cancelled her annual Easter party and has begun planning her funeral--she is expected to be buried next to her former husband Richard Burton in Switzerland.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3495523
    How sad!!

It is sad, she's the Queen of Hollywood to me. I am surprised she's only 74. Not that old but she's been ailing for years which is too bad.

I thought she was older too.

But she did have a lot of wild years.

I'll be surprised if Sally Burton allows Elizabeth Taylor to be buried next to Richard Burton!

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    I thought she was older too.

But she did have a lot of wild years.
    I loved her until her "friendship" with Michael Jackson became so.....strange..

Poor thing. I'm suprised she's lasted this long with all her ailments.

OMG - that is a little jarring, she was the queen for awhile, wasn't she? So beautiful when young. Just my mom's age and same birthday as my mom too. I feel bad and wonder if she is really close to death - she has almost died before too, even when young, several times, I've read.

Eve

She's a legend. With all her health problems in the past, it's pretty amazing she made it this far. She had alot of husbands, but it seems in her later years she did alot of good supporting causes such as Aids treatment and research.

Debbie Reynolds/EddieFisher/Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton

J. Anniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie/ has Hollywood really changed much?

I love her, my mom watches all the old movies and shes one of my fav's. Also Doris Day we love her too!

Which number was Richard Burton?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Mom
    Which number was Richard Burton?
    Oh, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9....

Something like that....

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Oh, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9....

Something like that....

Unhappy

Oh I love her! Always have. Not only outer beauty but she has inner beauty also.

She's made her mistakes in life but haven't we all. She was in the Hollywood atmosphere since she was a little girl.

And yet this one is different......so much for the news

According to this article she has CHF, which many may here on WS may have, but arent't dying although it's a serious condition.

Anymore I put so little stock into what is published. In this article it even gives her age wrong

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...tm?POE=LIFISVA

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    She's a legend. With all her health problems in the past, it's pretty amazing she made it this far. She had alot of husbands, but it seems in her later years she did alot of good supporting causes such as Aids treatment and research.

Debbie Reynolds/EddieFisher/Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton

J. Anniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie/ has Hollywood really changed much?
    Sorry, I just will never get over her supporting a pedophile!

I'll never forget her in "National Velvet" and I saw Cleopatra at least two dozen times.

She is something special on screen. Her personal life is hers as far I am concerned.

I've not heard a word that Liz Taylor is still supporting Michael Jackson, and I think they struck up a friendship because she was also a child star. Someon asked which number Richard Burton was, and I don't know, but she married him twice.

I always thought Michael Todd was the love of her life. He died early and then she met the others.So, I am a little suprised she chose Richard Burton to be buried next to.But, I know nothing as far as Hollywood type people get along.I guess the words expressed are similar to politicians.

That was kinda critical. So, I want to say she is a star always has been and always will be.She gives the newbies a path but not many will follow and only Meryl Streep is even a close cigar.Liz did some unattractive roles she wasn't always Cleopatra. She did, Suddenly Last Summer and other roles, like Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? This was taking the fluff out of actresses and makng them act.It wasn't Baywatch. It is part of my growing up. These early women chose to define what women really are but not limit us to who we can be.So, thank you for paths, Liz. You are not lost on me.

Valinda is offline "Each of us is different...expect it, respect it, and accept it."
    She's the same age as both of my grandma's. Fortunately, they are both still in good health. Hopefully, Elizabeth will get better. She's done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    I've not heard a word that Liz Taylor is still supporting Michael Jackson, and I think they struck up a friendship because she was also a child star.
    Someon asked which number Richard Burton was, and I don't know, but she married him twice.
    Lets see, he would be husband # 5 & 6. She has been married eight times to seven husbands:
    Taylor and Wilding had two sons, Michael Howard Wilding (born January 6, 1953), and Christopher Edward Wilding (born February 27, 1955).

She and Todd had one daughter, Elizabeth Frances Todd, called "Liza," (born August 6, 1957).

And in 1964, she and Fisher started adoption proceedings for a daughter, whom Burton later adopted, Maria Burton (born August 1, 1961).

The above from wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    I've not heard a word that Liz Taylor is still supporting Michael Jackson, and I think they struck up a friendship because she was also a child star. Someon asked which number Richard Burton was, and I don't know, but she married him twice.
    ------------------

Egads! Elizabeth is exactly one month older than I..Yes she has been close to death many times and sprang back.CHF can be handled with meds for so long,my husband has it also.Here I am still working in a Deli!! I wish her well,always liked her.I remember hearing on one of the channels (may have been CTV) during MJ trial that Liz no longer had anything to do with MJ and refused to be a character witness.I suppose I could check for the right spot I heard it..Senior moments..

From one of the articles she says she is not afraid to die. But it must be hard to plan her own funeral. I never heard she was supporting Jackson either.

Just wanna bump since I just heard again she is on her death bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast