Elizabeth Taylor's health failing...

Jules

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HOLLYWOOD - Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor is reportedly on the brink of death after her heart began to fail.

Sources say the Oscar winner, 74, is bedridden in her Bel Air, California, home.

After learning her health is deteriorating, Taylor reportedly cancelled her annual Easter party and has begun planning her funeral--she is expected to be buried next to her former husband Richard Burton in Switzerland.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3495523

Jules said:
HOLLYWOOD - Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor is reportedly on the brink of death after her heart began to fail.

Sources say the Oscar winner, 74, is bedridden in her Bel Air, California, home.

After learning her health is deteriorating, Taylor reportedly cancelled her annual Easter party and has begun planning her funeral--she is expected to be buried next to her former husband Richard Burton in Switzerland.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3495523
How sad!!

It is sad, she's the Queen of Hollywood to me. I am surprised she's only 74. Not that old but she's been ailing for years which is too bad.

I thought she was older too.

But she did have a lot of wild years.

I'll be surprised if Sally Burton allows Elizabeth Taylor to be buried next to Richard Burton! :eek:

Amraann said:
I thought she was older too.

But she did have a lot of wild years.
I loved her until her "friendship" with Michael Jackson became so.....strange..

Poor thing. I'm suprised she's lasted this long with all her ailments.

OMG - that is a little jarring, she was the queen for awhile, wasn't she? So beautiful when young. Just my mom's age and same birthday as my mom too. I feel bad and wonder if she is really close to death - she has almost died before too, even when young, several times, I've read.

Eve

She's a legend. With all her health problems in the past, it's pretty amazing she made it this far. She had alot of husbands, but it seems in her later years she did alot of good supporting causes such as Aids treatment and research.

Debbie Reynolds/EddieFisher/Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton

J. Anniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie/ has Hollywood really changed much?

I love her, my mom watches all the old movies and shes one of my fav's. Also Doris Day we love her too!

Oh I love her! Always have. Not only outer beauty but she has inner beauty also.

She's made her mistakes in life but haven't we all. She was in the Hollywood atmosphere since she was a little girl.

Marthatex said:
She's a legend. With all her health problems in the past, it's pretty amazing she made it this far. She had alot of husbands, but it seems in her later years she did alot of good supporting causes such as Aids treatment and research.

Debbie Reynolds/EddieFisher/Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton

J. Anniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie/ has Hollywood really changed much?
Sorry, I just will never get over her supporting a pedophile!

I'll never forget her in "National Velvet" and I saw Cleopatra at least two dozen times.

She is something special on screen. Her personal life is hers as far I am concerned.

I've not heard a word that Liz Taylor is still supporting Michael Jackson, and I think they struck up a friendship because she was also a child star. Someon asked which number Richard Burton was, and I don't know, but she married him twice.

I always thought Michael Todd was the love of her life. He died early and then she met the others.So, I am a little suprised she chose Richard Burton to be buried next to.But, I know nothing as far as Hollywood type people get along.I guess the words expressed are similar to politicians.

That was kinda critical. So, I want to say she is a star always has been and always will be.She gives the newbies a path but not many will follow and only Meryl Streep is even a close cigar.Liz did some unattractive roles she wasn't always Cleopatra. She did, Suddenly Last Summer and other roles, like Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? This was taking the fluff out of actresses and makng them act.It wasn't Baywatch. It is part of my growing up. These early women chose to define what women really are but not limit us to who we can be.So, thank you for paths, Liz. You are not lost on me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back