1082 users online (241 members and 841 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748

    Snoop Dogg: How not to behave at the airport

    http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/...0Standard&ct=5

    Not really something which should be done when airports are greared up for terrorist attacks - they, the police, needed something to practice on. and rightly so, IMO.

    the arrogance - probably fueled by alcohol - is astounding!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    3,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/...0Standard&ct=5

    Not really something which should be done when airports are greared up for terrorist attacks - they, the police, needed something to practice on. and rightly so, IMO.

    the arrogance - probably fueled by alcohol - is astounding!
    Jeez..more ugly American behavior. The hubris of the rapping entourage. I hope they're jailed for a long time
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    972
    Rap is crap. It's mostly a bunch of low-talent ****s "singing" foul mouthed nursery rhymes. Rap is a low production value cash cow for those involved. I can't believe people keep buying it and buying into it after all this time.

  4. #4
    tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,012
    Snoop is gross. In fact, much of rap is gross. The language used in most of these rap songs in digusting and it is horribly degrading to women. I remember when 80s heavy metal was considered appalling. Now it is super tame compared to rap. Where are all of those protesters now screaming about rap? Tipper, anyone?



    JMHO

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    R.A.P. - Retards Attempting Poetry



    Sense of Humor Disclaimer:
    I do not ever make fun of anyone who has a true disability.
    I do, however, make fun of people who are perfectly capable of grammatically correct language and speaking clearly - when they choose not to.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    These are lyrics to a song called I Hate Rap by Conferedate Railroad. It is so funny! You'd have to hear it sung, but I crack up every time I hear it:

    I Hate Rap lyrics
    I hate rap, I hate rap
    Couldn't drive me crazier with a map
    Talk about a generation gap
    I don't turn my cap, I don't grab my lap
    I don't do like that 'cause I look like a sap
    I hate rap, I hate rap
    And it don't go good with beer on tap
    I hate the beat, hate the rhythm
    But I love that melody they put with 'em

    I hate rap, I hate rap
    One nerve left and it's about to snap
    I'd rather hear a little Chihuahua yap
    I don't walk that walk, I don't flap that flap
    If I talked that talk my lips would chap
    I hate rap, I hate rap
    And it don't go good with beer on tap
    I hate the beat, hate the rhythm
    But I love that melody they put with 'em

    INSTRUMENTAL

    I hate rap, I hate rap
    It would rip Van Winkle from a nap
    I'd rather be woke up with a slap
    Than try to sleep through jive so cheap
    They have to bleed a bunch of crap
    I hate rap, I hate rap
    And it don't go good with beer on tap
    I hate the beat, hate the rhythm
    But I love that melody they put with 'em

    INSTRUMENTAL

    I hate rap, I hate rap
    Couldn't drive me crazier with a map
    Talk about a generation gap
    I don't turn my cap, I don't grab my lap
    I don't do like that 'cause I look like a sap
    I hate rap, I hate rap
    And it don't go good with beer on tap.

    Here's a sample you can listen to:

    http://www.confederaterailroad.com/i...lb_id=378#3088

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    3,052
    Jules, GlitchWizard, tennessee and mister happy: I couldn't agree more! I REALLY hate rap, thought it would be sooooo out by now.
    But your posts above made me smile!
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748
    I hate rap more than any who have expressed an opinion on this thread - i bet you.

    it's empty and crude and aggressive!

    we can't stop it, can we.

  9. #9
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    I hate rap more than any who have expressed an opinion on this thread - i bet you.

    it's empty and crude and aggressive!

    we can't stop it, can we.
    I agree with you and all the others who posted their opinions about rap "music". The child I foster is of mixed race and his "mother" used to buy him T-shirts of all the black rappers and gangsters who have been shot and killed etc. He got to the point where I think he honestly believed he had no other choices in life but to end up like them simply because he shares the same skin color.

    In my home I make sure I teach him and buy him clothing having to do with Martin L King, Rosa Parks, etc.. so he knows there are "good" people that share his skin color who have been a success and have helped change and shape the world we now live in. Which in turn also helps my biological child realize the same thing about people of other races.

    It is my firm belief that rap music is bad for our young (and older) black children!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl
    I agree with you and all the others who posted their opinions about rap "music". The child I foster is of mixed race and his "mother" used to buy him T-shirts of all the black rappers and gangsters who have been shot and killed etc. He got to the point where I think he honestly believed he had no other choices in life but to end up like them simply because he shares the same skin color.

    In my home I make sure I teach him and buy him clothing having to do with Martin L King, Rosa Parks, etc.. so he knows there are "good" people that share his skin color who have been a success and have helped change and shape the world we now live in. Which in turn also helps my biological child realize the same thing about people of other races.

    It is my firm belief that rap music is bad for our young (and older) black children!
    As a foster mother, you are absolutely super. thank you for what you do.

    rap music, i think, is bad for all children - it makes them believe other people don't matter, IMO. just encourages them to take what they want without caring about others.

    Calvin Broadus update:

    http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebu...ap2707139.html


    i'm appalled they weren't charged with any offenses!

    'She said seven officers received cuts, bruises and other minor injuries. '


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh

    rap music, i think, is bad for all children - it makes them believe other people don't matter, IMO. just encourages them to take what they want without caring about others.
    I don't think it is fair to make a blanket judgement on rap. It is important to understand that there are all different kinds of rap music, including some that relay a positive message and don't degrade women or depict violence. Unfortunately, the "gangsta" rap is what is popular these days and receives the most airplay. There are many rap artists out there who really are lyrical poets and I believe are important contributors to music in general.

    If you are having a problem with the rap music your child is listening to, do your homework. Research the history of rap and try to find some that don't spread messages of violence and hatred. Introduce them to another alternative.

    IMO, throughout history there have been plenty of other music that also emphasizes sex or degrades women.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    I don't think it is fair to make a blanket judgement on rap. It is important to understand that there are all different kinds of rap music, including some that relay a positive message and don't degrade women or depict violence. Unfortunately, the "gangsta" rap is what is popular these days and receives the most airplay. There are many rap artists out there who really are lyrical poets and I believe are important contributors to music in general.

    If you are having a problem with the rap music your child is listening to, do your homework. Research the history of rap and try to find some that don't spread messages of violence and hatred. Introduce them to another alternative.

    IMO, throughout history there have been plenty of other music that also emphasizes sex or degrades women.
    I am speaking of so-called 'gangster rap'.

    sorry i wasn't more specific.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    I don't think it is fair to make a blanket judgement on rap. It is important to understand that there are all different kinds of rap music, including some that relay a positive message and don't degrade women or depict violence. Unfortunately, the "gangsta" rap is what is popular these days and receives the most airplay. There are many rap artists out there who really are lyrical poets and I believe are important contributors to music in general.

    If you are having a problem with the rap music your child is listening to, do your homework. Research the history of rap and try to find some that don't spread messages of violence and hatred. Introduce them to another alternative.

    IMO, throughout history there have been plenty of other music that also emphasizes sex or degrades women.
    I agree completely!

    -- society prepares the crime, the criminal commits it --
    - Henry Thomas Buckle -

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748
    Bye bye.

    Snoop Dogg Permanently Banned From The UK

    After finding out that the rapper holds a criminal record in the U.S. that includes drug and gun offences, The Home Office decided to state the ban.

    "The Home Office is taking a tough line on him," a source told The Sunday People UK. "After the foreign criminal's deportation fiasco, the last thing the new Home Secretary needs is a criminal flying in and out at will."


    http://tinyurl.com/ej6bk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    You know that rap is garbage when even Sam Kinison (the late foul-mouthed comedian) complained that it is offensive.

    A friend of mine who teaches music made the following comment: "Don't call it singing. Call it public speaking if you want, but don't call it singing!"

    As for Mr. Dogg and his posse: a ghetto is something that you want to leave behind when you achieve success, not bring it along with you as some badge of honor. There is no honor in being a **** - there is honor in being a former **** who has reformed his ways.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 10:36 PM
  2. Snoop Dogg claims Sweden arrest was for 'driving while black'
    By zwiebel in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-02-2015, 11:03 AM
  3. Snoop Dogg's Wife Arrested
    By Filly in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 03:09 PM