Snoop Dogg: How not to behave at the airport

Rap is crap. It's mostly a bunch of low-talent thugs "singing" foul mouthed nursery rhymes. Rap is a low production value cash cow for those involved. I can't believe people keep buying it and buying into it after all this time.

Snoop is gross. In fact, much of rap is gross. The language used in most of these rap songs in digusting and it is horribly degrading to women. I remember when 80s heavy metal was considered appalling. Now it is super tame compared to rap. Where are all of those protesters now screaming about rap? Tipper, anyone?

JMHO

R.A.P. - Retards Attempting Poetry

Sense of Humor Disclaimer:
I do not ever make fun of anyone who has a true disability.
I do, however, make fun of people who are perfectly capable of grammatically correct language and speaking clearly - when they choose not to.

These are lyrics to a song called I Hate Rap by Conferedate Railroad. It is so funny! You'd have to hear it sung, but I crack up every time I hear it:

I Hate Rap lyrics
I hate rap, I hate rap
Couldn't drive me crazier with a map
Talk about a generation gap
I don't turn my cap, I don't grab my lap
I don't do like that 'cause I look like a sap
I hate rap, I hate rap
And it don't go good with beer on tap
I hate the beat, hate the rhythm
But I love that melody they put with 'em

I hate rap, I hate rap
One nerve left and it's about to snap
I'd rather hear a little Chihuahua yap
I don't walk that walk, I don't flap that flap
If I talked that talk my lips would chap
I hate rap, I hate rap

INSTRUMENTAL

I hate rap, I hate rap
It would rip Van Winkle from a nap
I'd rather be woke up with a slap
Than try to sleep through jive so cheap
They have to bleed a bunch of crap
I hate rap, I hate rap

INSTRUMENTAL

I hate rap, I hate rap
Couldn't drive me crazier with a map
Talk about a generation gap
I don't turn my cap, I don't grab my lap
I don't do like that 'cause I look like a sap
I hate rap, I hate rap
And it don't go good with beer on tap.

Here's a sample you can listen to:

http://www.confederaterailroad.com/index.htm?inc=albums&alb_id=378#3088

Jules, GlitchWizard, tennessee and mister happy: I couldn't agree more! I REALLY hate rap, thought it would be sooooo out by now. :sick:
But your posts above made me smile!

I hate rap more than any who have expressed an opinion on this thread - i bet you.

it's empty and crude and aggressive!

we can't stop it, can we. :tears: :(

Floh said:
I hate rap more than any who have expressed an opinion on this thread - i bet you.

it's empty and crude and aggressive!

we can't stop it, can we. :tears: :(

I agree with you and all the others who posted their opinions about rap "music". The child I foster is of mixed race and his "mother" used to buy him T-shirts of all the black rappers and gangsters who have been shot and killed etc. He got to the point where I think he honestly believed he had no other choices in life but to end up like them simply because he shares the same skin color.

In my home I make sure I teach him and buy him clothing having to do with Martin L King, Rosa Parks, etc.. so he knows there are "good" people that share his skin color who have been a success and have helped change and shape the world we now live in. Which in turn also helps my biological child realize the same thing about people of other races.

It is my firm belief that rap music is bad for our young (and older) black children!

OneLostGrl said:
I agree with you and all the others who posted their opinions about rap "music". The child I foster is of mixed race and his "mother" used to buy him T-shirts of all the black rappers and gangsters who have been shot and killed etc. He got to the point where I think he honestly believed he had no other choices in life but to end up like them simply because he shares the same skin color.

In my home I make sure I teach him and buy him clothing having to do with Martin L King, Rosa Parks, etc.. so he knows there are "good" people that share his skin color who have been a success and have helped change and shape the world we now live in. Which in turn also helps my biological child realize the same thing about people of other races.

It is my firm belief that rap music is bad for our young (and older) black children!

As a foster mother, you are absolutely super. thank you for what you do. :)

rap music, i think, is bad for all children - it makes them believe other people don't matter, IMO. just encourages them to take what they want without caring about others.

Calvin Broadus update:

http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebusiness/feeds/ap/2006/04/28/ap2707139.html

i'm appalled they weren't charged with any offenses!

'She said seven officers received cuts, bruises and other minor injuries. '

Floh said:

rap music, i think, is bad for all children - it makes them believe other people don't matter, IMO. just encourages them to take what they want without caring about others.
I don't think it is fair to make a blanket judgement on rap. It is important to understand that there are all different kinds of rap music, including some that relay a positive message and don't degrade women or depict violence. Unfortunately, the "gangsta" rap is what is popular these days and receives the most airplay. There are many rap artists out there who really are lyrical poets and I believe are important contributors to music in general.

If you are having a problem with the rap music your child is listening to, do your homework. Research the history of rap and try to find some that don't spread messages of violence and hatred. Introduce them to another alternative.

IMO, throughout history there have been plenty of other music that also emphasizes sex or degrades women.

Masterj said:
I don't think it is fair to make a blanket judgement on rap. It is important to understand that there are all different kinds of rap music, including some that relay a positive message and don't degrade women or depict violence. Unfortunately, the "gangsta" rap is what is popular these days and receives the most airplay. There are many rap artists out there who really are lyrical poets and I believe are important contributors to music in general.

If you are having a problem with the rap music your child is listening to, do your homework. Research the history of rap and try to find some that don't spread messages of violence and hatred. Introduce them to another alternative.

IMO, throughout history there have been plenty of other music that also emphasizes sex or degrades women.

I am speaking of so-called 'gangster rap'.

sorry i wasn't more specific.

Masterj said:

I agree completely!
clap.gif

Bye bye.

Snoop Dogg Permanently Banned From The UK

After finding out that the rapper holds a criminal record in the U.S. that includes drug and gun offences, The Home Office decided to state the ban.

"The Home Office is taking a tough line on him," a source told The Sunday People UK. "After the foreign criminal's deportation fiasco, the last thing the new Home Secretary needs is a criminal flying in and out at will."

http://tinyurl.com/ej6bk

You know that rap is garbage when even Sam Kinison (the late foul-mouthed comedian) complained that it is offensive.

A friend of mine who teaches music made the following comment: "Don't call it singing. Call it public speaking if you want, but don't call it singing!"

As for Mr. Dogg and his posse: a ghetto is something that you want to leave behind when you achieve success, not bring it along with you as some badge of honor. There is no honor in being a - there is honor in being a former who has reformed his ways.

Dr. Doogie said:
As for Mr. Dogg and his posse: a ghetto is something that you want to leave behind when you achieve success, not bring it along with you as some badge of honor. There is no honor in being a - there is honor in being a former who has reformed his ways.
Very well put. Unfortunately, we're going to need to send that memo to DMX as well:

DMX's Ruff Landing - May 15, 2006 - E! Online News

Just three weeks after the Doggfather was arrested at London's Heathrow airport for his role in violent melee, DMX was collared at the same hub Saturday and accused of making verbal threats against cabin crew on an inbound flight.

The trouble-prone DMX, whose real name Earl Simmons, was taken into custody upon arriving from New York after the plane's captain alerted police at Heathrow that the rap star was causing a ruckus by refusing to buckle his seat belt and then launching into a verbal tirade at flight attendants...
While he's off the hook in London, this isn't the first time the X man has been targeted by airport officials for some unruly behavior.

In 2004, the Yonkers native was busted for plowing his SUV through a security gate at New York's JFK Airport and then telling bystanders he was an undercover federal agent....

The record labels have a responsibility in this as well. They're giving millions of dollars to these thugs because they know that it sells. But I guess when you've got thugs in charge of some of labels, what can you expect?

For anyone that might read this from overseas, please know that this group of thugs is in no way representative of the average American citizen. We are just as disgusted by this type of offensive behavior as you are and I am embarassed of the image that people like this give of us Americans. My apologies on behalf of my "fellow citizens" to anyone that had to witness that ridiculous brawl.

Dr. Doogie said:
A friend of mine who teaches music made the following comment: "Don't call it singing. Call it public speaking if you want, but don't call it singing!"
eh, and why would you call it singing, when its NOT singing?
Your friend is right but is stating the obvious.
chx.gif

Anyway, Snoop Dogg is a tool
bang.gif

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members