1328 users online (301 members and 1027 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WA - Teekah Lewis, 2, Tacoma, 23 Jan 1999

Went missing in 1999, from a Tacoma bowling alley. A tip has been recieved that a girl living in Dallas is the same child. The girl's family is cooperating with authorities, and has provided records for the girl, so authorities are discounting the tip. But in the interest of thoughness, DNA testing is being performed. The missing girl's mother has seen pictures of the child, and says that she sees a resemblance and she is hopeful.
    http://komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=43140
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-10-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

WA-FBI Checking Dallas Girl To See If She's Teekah Lewis

I did a search, but didn't find a thread for Teeka's Story.

FBI Checking Dallas Girl To See If She's Teekah Lewis

TACOMA - The FBI is working a tip that a girl missing from Tacoma for seven years might be alive, although they caution they don't think the tip is going to pan out.

Teekah Lewis was taken from a Tacoma bowling alley in January 1999 and there's been no sign of her since. But now her mother says she might be living in Dallas.

"This is the greatest tip we've had in 7 years," said Teekah's mother Theresa English.

English has always believed her daughter Teekah is alive, but now for the first time, she really believes Teekah may be coming home. Her prayers gave way to hope two weeks ago when Theresa's private investigator got a tip that Teekah may be living with a woman in Texas.

~more at link~

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    I did a search, but didn't find a thread for Teeka's Story.
    There is one here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38987

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydragon
    Thanks. Sorry.

BUMP-

any news on the DNA yet?

A few days ago I saw on The Charley Project that she was identified already.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Wood
    A few days ago I saw on The Charley Project that she was identified already.
    I just looked there and couldn't find it. Can you link it or give more info.

not on Charley project

No there is no info on the Charley project about anyone being identified in Dallas

Unhappy

Okay, I looked and I got the names mixed up....sorry about the confusion, thought it was the same person.

Teresa English, Teekah's mother, says she remembers her as a happy child with a dazzling smile. It's a smile that disappeared 8 years ago when Teekah vanished.

"She was there, I looked back she was gone," says English.

Teekah, just a toddler, was snatched from a bowling alley in Tacoma. Since then, it's been 8 years of crying, praying and waiting.

"She needs to come home, the people need to let her go," English said. "It's been 8 long years and pain for my family!"

Teresa's certain that Teekah is alive, and says the missing Missouri boys discovered over the weekend make her believe it can happen again.

"Every child that is found out there it just makes me think my child is one day closer to coming home," insists English.

On January 23, it will be 8 years since Teekah went missing and no one has given up on her, especially her mother. The FBI, Tacoma Police Department, the Center for Missing and Exploited Children still want to find her, but on this day there are no leads, only renewed hope.

http://www.komotv.com/news/5202767.html

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Went missing in 1999, from a Tacoma bowling alley. A tip has been recieved that a girl living in Dallas is the same child. The girl's family is cooperating with authorities, and has provided records for the girl, so authorities are discounting the tip. But in the interest of thoughness, DNA testing is being performed. The missing girl's mother has seen pictures of the child, and says that she sees a resemblance and she is hopeful.
    http://komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=43140
    I assume this tip did not pan out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E
    I assume this tip did not pan out?
    I don't think the Dallas girl was Teekah. Here's a seperate thread on that tip:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=teekah+lewis

The mother of another missing Tacoma child, Teekah Lewis, was at the Linnik home Friday to support the dead child's family.

Teekah was 2 when she disappeared from Frontier Bowling Lanes in Tacoma about 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 23, 1999. The girl's mother, Theresa Lewis, told police she saw her daughter standing near the lanes' video games. When she looked back, Teekah was gone.

Despite a massive media campaign, a 24-hour tip line and extensive interviews with people who were at the lanes that night, no suspect has emerged.

In 2001, Theresa Lewis was asked to provide a DNA sample to match against the body of an unidentified dead child found in Kansas City, Mo. The child was not Teekah.

In April 2006, Lewis was notified by a private investigator that he had found a girl he believed to be Teekah living with a woman in Dallas. The investigator, who was hired by the Lewis family more than a year earlier, sent her photos of the girl, she said.

But DNA testing proved the girl was not Teekah.

For a woman who has never stopped hoping, and who replays her last morning with her daughter in her head constantly, the announcement Friday was sobering.

There had been other false alarms, but this time Lewis braced herself for the worst.

"It's never been this close. And now it's here," she said.

Thinking about her next step — how she'll prepare mentally for the possibility that her daughter is dead, how she'll tell Teekah's siblings — Lewis started weeping.

"I don't know, I don't even know," she said, speaking from her mother's home, where a banner hanging outside said "MISSING" and a sign on a van issued this appeal: "Have you seen Teekah?"

Lewis doesn't want to imagine that this might be the end she most dreaded, but added that the anguish is mixed with some relief.

"It would be a lot easier if I had closure," she said.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ikside14m.html

I use to live in Tacoma,about 2 miles away from that bowling alley.Moved there in October of 1999 and everytime I drove by there I would cry.I really wish a break in the case would happen.My prayers as always with Teekah and her family.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast