WA WA - Teekah Lewis, 2, Tacoma, 23 Jan 1999

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Went missing in 1999, from a Tacoma bowling alley. A tip has been recieved that a girl living in Dallas is the same child. The girl's family is cooperating with authorities, and has provided records for the girl, so authorities are discounting the tip. But in the interest of thoughness, DNA testing is being performed. The missing girl's mother has seen pictures of the child, and says that she sees a resemblance and she is hopeful.
http://komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=43140

I did a search, but didn't find a thread for Teeka's Story.

FBI Checking Dallas Girl To See If She's Teekah Lewis

TACOMA - The FBI is working a tip that a girl missing from Tacoma for seven years might be alive, although they caution they don't think the tip is going to pan out.

Teekah Lewis was taken from a Tacoma bowling alley in January 1999 and there's been no sign of her since. But now her mother says she might be living in Dallas.

"This is the greatest tip we've had in 7 years," said Teekah's mother Theresa English.

English has always believed her daughter Teekah is alive, but now for the first time, she really believes Teekah may be coming home. Her prayers gave way to hope two weeks ago when Theresa's private investigator got a tip that Teekah may be living with a woman in Texas.

~more at link~

A few days ago I saw on The Charley Project that she was identified already.

A.Wood said:
A few days ago I saw on The Charley Project that she was identified already.
I just looked there and couldn't find it. Can you link it or give more info.

No there is no info on the Charley project about anyone being identified in Dallas

Okay, I looked and I got the names mixed up....sorry about the confusion, thought it was the same person.

Teresa English, Teekah's mother, says she remembers her as a happy child with a dazzling smile. It's a smile that disappeared 8 years ago when Teekah vanished.

"She was there, I looked back she was gone," says English.

Teekah, just a toddler, was snatched from a bowling alley in Tacoma. Since then, it's been 8 years of crying, praying and waiting.

"She needs to come home, the people need to let her go," English said. "It's been 8 long years and pain for my family!"

Teresa's certain that Teekah is alive, and says the missing Missouri boys discovered over the weekend make her believe it can happen again.

"Every child that is found out there it just makes me think my child is one day closer to coming home," insists English.

On January 23, it will be 8 years since Teekah went missing and no one has given up on her, especially her mother. The FBI, Tacoma Police Department, the Center for Missing and Exploited Children still want to find her, but on this day there are no leads, only renewed hope.

http://www.komotv.com/news/5202767.html

mysteriew said:
Went missing in 1999, from a Tacoma bowling alley. A tip has been recieved that a girl living in Dallas is the same child. The girl's family is cooperating with authorities, and has provided records for the girl, so authorities are discounting the tip. But in the interest of thoughness, DNA testing is being performed. The missing girl's mother has seen pictures of the child, and says that she sees a resemblance and she is hopeful.
http://komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=43140
I assume this tip did not pan out?

The mother of another missing Tacoma child, Teekah Lewis, was at the Linnik home Friday to support the dead child's family.

Teekah was 2 when she disappeared from Frontier Bowling Lanes in Tacoma about 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 23, 1999. The girl's mother, Theresa Lewis, told police she saw her daughter standing near the lanes' video games. When she looked back, Teekah was gone.

Despite a massive media campaign, a 24-hour tip line and extensive interviews with people who were at the lanes that night, no suspect has emerged.

In 2001, Theresa Lewis was asked to provide a DNA sample to match against the body of an unidentified dead child found in Kansas City, Mo. The child was not Teekah.

In April 2006, Lewis was notified by a private investigator that he had found a girl he believed to be Teekah living with a woman in Dallas. The investigator, who was hired by the Lewis family more than a year earlier, sent her photos of the girl, she said.

But DNA testing proved the girl was not Teekah.

For a woman who has never stopped hoping, and who replays her last morning with her daughter in her head constantly, the announcement Friday was sobering.

There had been other false alarms, but this time Lewis braced herself for the worst.

"It's never been this close. And now it's here," she said.

Thinking about her next step — how she'll prepare mentally for the possibility that her daughter is dead, how she'll tell Teekah's siblings — Lewis started weeping.

"I don't know, I don't even know," she said, speaking from her mother's home, where a banner hanging outside said "MISSING" and a sign on a van issued this appeal: "Have you seen Teekah?"

Lewis doesn't want to imagine that this might be the end she most dreaded, but added that the anguish is mixed with some relief.

"It would be a lot easier if I had closure," she said.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003788871_linnikside14m.html

I use to live in Tacoma,about 2 miles away from that bowling alley.Moved there in October of 1999 and everytime I drove by there I would cry.I really wish a break in the case would happen.My prayers as always with Teekah and her family.

In hopes of solving the mysterious disappearance of Teekah Lewis, detectives are releasing new photos and home video of the Tacoma youngster, who went missing from a bowling alley nine years ago today.

“It’s time to bring her home,” Tacoma police detective Brad Graham said recently. “Nine years … hopefully, that’s loosened up someone’s vocal cords.”

The Christmas photos show the 21/2-year-old with bangs and smiling, giving her a different look than the picture of the serious-faced girl that was released at the time Teekah went missing. On the video, she is playing and making noises for the camera at a family Christmas celebration 28 days before her disappearance.

“Look into that picture,” Teekah’s mother, Theresa Lewis, pleaded in a recent interview. “There is somebody out there that remembers something that night and they need to come forward.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/262360.html

Photos and video here:

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/crime/2008/01/23/cold_case_teekah_lewis_still_missing_aft

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/crime/story/604096.html

Teekah Lewis' 1999 disappearance stays a mystery
Share this storyBuzz up!STACEY MULICK; stacey.mulick@thenewstribune.com
Published: 01/23/09 12:05 am | Updated: 01/23/09 10:25 am
Comments (0)

Ten years ago, Teekah Lewis vanished from a Tacoma bowling alley.
The 21/2-year-old girl was last seen playing near a coin-operated racing game as her family bowled nearby at New Frontier Lanes the night of Jan. 23, 1999. Police suspect a stranger might have snatched Teekah but have never had a description to release.

Her mother says 10 years is long enough for the mystery to go unsolved.

“My daughter has been missing for almost 10 years, and it’s time to find my little girl,” Theresa Lewis said this week. “It’s time for someone to speak out.”

Teekah’s family will hold a candlelight vigil at 7 tonight in the parking lot of the former bowling alley at 4702 S. Center St.

“I wish everybody would come out for this,” Lewis said. “We need all the support we can get.”

The investigation into Teekah’s disappearance remains ongoing. Last year, police released new photos and video of the child taken shortly before she disappeared.

In October, Teekah became the latest missing child featured as part of the Homeward Bound program. The Washington State Patrol and Gordon Trucking of Pacific launched the program in 2006 to help find missing children.

Under the program, photos of 15 missing children have been featured on the sides of Gordon Trucks, which travel the nation’s highways. Lenoria Jones, a 4-year-old girl who went missing from Tacoma in 1995, also has been featured.

Police received a few tips from the efforts but none was substantial, police spokesman Mark Fulghum said this week.

Lewis said 10 years have gone by fast.

“She should be home,” the mother said. “My baby is almost 13 years old. I’ve missed 10, 11 birthdays. It’s just unbelievable.”

Lewis pleaded for anyone with information to come forward. Or, just let Teekah go.

“All we want is her back,” she said. “Drop her off somewhere. Just drop her off.”

Stacey Mulick: 253-597-8268

blogs.thenewstribune.com/crime

• Tacoma police encourage anyone with information about Teekah Lewis’ disappearance to call Tacoma-Pierce County Crime Stoppers at 253-591-5959. Tipsters may remain anonymous.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/crime/story/604096.html

Teekah Lewis' 1999 disappearance stays a mystery
Share this storyBuzz up!STACEY MULICK; stacey.mulick@thenewstribune.com
Published: 01/23/09 12:05 am | Updated: 01/23/09 10:25 am
Comments (0)

Ten years ago, Teekah Lewis vanished from a Tacoma bowling alley.
The 21/2-year-old girl was last seen playing near a coin-operated racing game as her family bowled nearby at New Frontier Lanes the night of Jan. 23, 1999. Police suspect a stranger might have snatched Teekah but have never had a description to release.

Her mother says 10 years is long enough for the mystery to go unsolved.

“My daughter has been missing for almost 10 years, and it’s time to find my little girl,” Theresa Lewis said this week. “It’s time for someone to speak out.”

Teekah’s family will hold a candlelight vigil at 7 tonight in the parking lot of the former bowling alley at 4702 S. Center St.

“I wish everybody would come out for this,” Lewis said. “We need all the support we can get.”

The investigation into Teekah’s disappearance remains ongoing. Last year, police released new photos and video of the child taken shortly before she disappeared.

In October, Teekah became the latest missing child featured as part of the Homeward Bound program. The Washington State Patrol and Gordon Trucking of Pacific launched the program in 2006 to help find missing children.

Under the program, photos of 15 missing children have been featured on the sides of Gordon Trucks, which travel the nation’s highways. Lenoria Jones, a 4-year-old girl who went missing from Tacoma in 1995, also has been featured.

Police received a few tips from the efforts but none was substantial, police spokesman Mark Fulghum said this week.

Lewis said 10 years have gone by fast.

“She should be home,” the mother said. “My baby is almost 13 years old. I’ve missed 10, 11 birthdays. It’s just unbelievable.”

Lewis pleaded for anyone with information to come forward. Or, just let Teekah go.

“All we want is her back,” she said. “Drop her off somewhere. Just drop her off.”

Stacey Mulick: 253-597-8268

blogs.thenewstribune.com/crime

• Tacoma police encourage anyone with information about Teekah Lewis’ disappearance to call Tacoma-Pierce County Crime Stoppers at 253-591-5959. Tipsters may remain anonymous.

Has Teeka been ruled out as the UID in New Jersey? I don't have time right now to research that, but I believe the timeline and other things could fit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back