Bush Signs Hurricane Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday Into Law

And it will save the government much more than a little sales tax relief.Tell poor people that a 1000.00 generator will save them on sales tax.They might tell you that is their food budget for a year.

Not trying to be hard as people do need to be prepared but it is like the Bush Admin. believes all households have equal income and equal descretionary income.

The truth is that during the blackouts during the past two seasons the radio stations helped anyone who was in need of a generator get one. People are wonderful during disasters. Fema kept us in ice and water, we were thankful because we didn't really expect any kind of help.
I just hope this time if they choose to put port o lets (portable pottys) in the parking lots that they chain them down so they don't blow a mile up the road like they did last year. I wish I had gotten a picture of that. LOL

Jebbie, the white-sheep......

I'm with BeyondBelief on this one, I didn't expect any help and was grateful and appreciative for what I did receive. I kind of like knowing that I can catch a break on my supplies that could very possibly turn into flying projectiles anyhows!

concernedperson said:
And it will save the government much more than a little sales tax relief.Tell poor people that a 1000.00 generator will save them on sales tax.They might tell you that is their food budget for a year.

Not trying to be hard as people do need to be prepared but it is like the Bush Admin. believes all households have equal income and equal descretionary income.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

concernedperson said:

fema helped keep us iced and watered after Katrina and Rita. For weeks, they brought in daily truckloads of supplies, as did the national guard-who also patroled the area and brought supplies directly to us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back