1080 users online (232 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man Delivers Pizzas, Corpses In Same Vehicle

http://www.nbc10.com/foodnews/9064986/detail.html

FEASTERVILLE, Pa. -- A pizza deliveryman stopped by police told officers that he was delivering pizzas in the same station wagon he used to ferry bodies for a mortuary transport service.

Police said 24-year-old William Bethel Jr. was stopped last Friday in suburban Philadelphia driving a station wagon with an expired inspection certificate. While checking the vehicle, police noticed a stretcher in the rear and asked what purpose it served.

Police said Bethel told them that although he was delivering pizzas for a major pizza chain, he also "transports deceased bodies in the same vehicle." The car was impounded and Bethel was cited for driving with a suspended or revoked license and without a certificate of inspection.

Bethel said it was the first time the vehicle had been used for both purposes. He said he had been called to fill in at the restaurant, and because his car was in the shop, he had taken the wagon. The car owner said he was fired and the restaurant manager said he resigned.

County and state health officials said there is no law against delivering a body and food in the same vehicle

There may be no law against it, but I sure as heck wouldn't want my pizza's delivered that way !!! yuck

"That red stain on the outside of your pizza box? Oh, that's just some extra sauce, sir. No extra charge....."
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

Valinda is offline "Each of us is different...expect it, respect it, and accept it."
    I can't believe there's no law against it. No more delivery for me.

That just put me off my pepperoni.

Man delivers pizzas, corpses in same vehicle.

This is crazy, makes you wonder how often this has happened everywhere! Gross stuff!

Trust me a body creats very little moving bacteria, compared to two children riding with the driver because he/she is working minimum wage to make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by opme
    http://www.nbc10.com/foodnews/9064986/detail.html

FEASTERVILLE, Pa. -- A pizza deliveryman stopped by police told officers that he was delivering pizzas in the same station wagon he used to ferry bodies for a mortuary transport service.

Police said 24-year-old William Bethel Jr. was stopped last Friday in suburban Philadelphia driving a station wagon with an expired inspection certificate. While checking the vehicle, police noticed a stretcher in the rear and asked what purpose it served.

Police said Bethel told them that although he was delivering pizzas for a major pizza chain, he also "transports deceased bodies in the same vehicle." The car was impounded and Bethel was cited for driving with a suspended or revoked license and without a certificate of inspection.

Bethel said it was the first time the vehicle had been used for both purposes. He said he had been called to fill in at the restaurant, and because his car was in the shop, he had taken the wagon. The car owner said he was fired and the restaurant manager said he resigned.

County and state health officials said there is no law against delivering a body and food in the same vehicle

Oh my! That last sentence was the real shocker!

Sly