Man Delivers Pizzas, Corpses In Same Vehicle

opme

Reaction score
http://www.nbc10.com/foodnews/9064986/detail.html

FEASTERVILLE, Pa. -- A pizza deliveryman stopped by police told officers that he was delivering pizzas in the same station wagon he used to ferry bodies for a mortuary transport service.

Police said 24-year-old William Bethel Jr. was stopped last Friday in suburban Philadelphia driving a station wagon with an expired inspection certificate. While checking the vehicle, police noticed a stretcher in the rear and asked what purpose it served.

Police said Bethel told them that although he was delivering pizzas for a major pizza chain, he also "transports deceased bodies in the same vehicle." The car was impounded and Bethel was cited for driving with a suspended or revoked license and without a certificate of inspection.

Bethel said it was the first time the vehicle had been used for both purposes. He said he had been called to fill in at the restaurant, and because his car was in the shop, he had taken the wagon. The car owner said he was fired and the restaurant manager said he resigned.

County and state health officials said there is no law against delivering a body and food in the same vehicle
<TABLE class=storyAd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=storyAdObj>
:sick: :doh:​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

. <!--stopindex-->

There may be no law against it, but I sure as heck wouldn't want my pizza's delivered that way !!! yuck

"That red stain on the outside of your pizza box? Oh, that's just some extra sauce, sir. No extra charge....." :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't believe there's no law against it. No more delivery for me.:hand:

This is crazy, makes you wonder how often this has happened everywhere! Gross stuff!:doh:

Trust me a body creats very little moving bacteria, compared to two children riding with the driver because he/she is working minimum wage to make ends meet.

opme said:
http://www.nbc10.com/foodnews/9064986/detail.html

FEASTERVILLE, Pa. -- A pizza deliveryman stopped by police told officers that he was delivering pizzas in the same station wagon he used to ferry bodies for a mortuary transport service.

Police said 24-year-old William Bethel Jr. was stopped last Friday in suburban Philadelphia driving a station wagon with an expired inspection certificate. While checking the vehicle, police noticed a stretcher in the rear and asked what purpose it served.

Police said Bethel told them that although he was delivering pizzas for a major pizza chain, he also "transports deceased bodies in the same vehicle." The car was impounded and Bethel was cited for driving with a suspended or revoked license and without a certificate of inspection.

Bethel said it was the first time the vehicle had been used for both purposes. He said he had been called to fill in at the restaurant, and because his car was in the shop, he had taken the wagon. The car owner said he was fired and the restaurant manager said he resigned.

County and state health officials said there is no law against delivering a body and food in the same vehicle
<TABLE class=storyAd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=storyAdObj>
:sick: :doh:​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

. <!--stopindex-->

Oh my! That last sentence was the real shocker!

Sly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back