1212 users online (211 members and 1001 guests)  

Websleuths News

Rush Limbaugh In Trouble

This just came across on my local news station. There haven't been any details given yet except to say that Rush Limbaugh is in trouble over illegal prescriptions. He's originally from this area, Cape Girardeau Missouri so it may be more of a local interest than the national. I remember some years ago there was quite a bit in the news about him being addicted to presc. drugs.

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    This just came across on my local news station. There haven't been any details given yet except to say that Rush Limbaugh is in trouble over illegal prescriptions. He's originally from this area, Cape Girardeau Missouri so it may be more of a local interest than the national. I remember some years ago there was quite a bit in the news about him being addicted to presc. drugs.

Old Broad
    Here's a news link...http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1903117

this link has a little more detail
    http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9079501/detail.html

Rush Limbaugh, Prosecutors Reach Settlement on 'Doctor Shopping' Charge in Prescription Drug Case

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Rush Limbaugh and prosecutors in the long-running painkiller fraud case against him have reached a deal calling for the only charge against the conservative commentator to be dropped if he continues treatment, his attorney said Friday.

Limbaugh was booked on a single charge that was filed Friday, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Jail. He left about an hour later, after Limbaugh was photographed and fingerprinted and he posted $3,000 bail, Barbera said.

The radio giant's agreement to enter a diversionary program ends a three-year state investigation that began after Limbaugh publicly acknowledged being addicted to pain medication and entered a rehabilitation program.

http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/news...e&id=D8H9CF682

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad

Old Broad
    This is old news--the original charges were brought over a year ago. It's just finally being ajudicated.

Limbaugh's getting off lighter than most people who "doctor shop" for hillbilly heroin.

And he's getting off a ton lighter than he advocates for other drug users and lawbreakers on his show.... standard hypocrite.

I may be in the minority, but I like Rush Limbaugh. What he did mainly hurt himself. Look at Jayson Williams, Michael Jackson, Robert Blake and O. J. Simpson, to name a few, who have hurt or killed others and received, at most, a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I may be in the minority, but I like Rush Limbaugh. What he did mainly hurt himself. Look at Jayson Williams, Michael Jackson, Robert Blake and O. J. Simpson, to name a few who have hurt or killed others and received, at most, a slap on the wrist.
    haha I listen to Rush everyday. Sometimes I like him and sometimes I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    haha I listen to Rush everyday. Sometimes I like him and sometimes I don't.
    Actually, this is how I feel, too. Sometimes, he crosses the line. Mostly, though, I think that his behavior is just his radio persona--which has made him very successful.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I may be in the minority, but I like Rush Limbaugh. What he did mainly hurt himself. Look at Jayson Williams, Michael Jackson, Robert Blake and O. J. Simpson, to name a few, who have hurt or killed others and received, at most, a slap on the wrist.

Oh, you said it, baby!!
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Does anyone know how much money he raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on his Friday show?

Was it as much as last year, or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    Does anyone know how much money he raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on his Friday show?

Was it as much as last year, or more?
    Toby, It sounds like they brought in more money this year than they did last year! GOOD!

2006 Cure-A-Thon Outpaces Last Year's In-Show Total

Rush donates $250,000 and the greatest audience in all of media pitches in to fight cancer in another record-breaking year... (More at link)

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    This is old news--the original charges were brought over a year ago. It's just finally being ajudicated.

Limbaugh's getting off lighter than most people who "doctor shop" for hillbilly heroin.
    What is hillbilly heroin? Pardon my ignorance. I just have never heard that term before.