CA - Bonnie Lee Bakley, 44, wife of Robert Blake, shot to death, Studio City, 4 May 2001 *not guilty

After seeing the preliminary hearing, nothing surprises me in this case! One of the prosecution witnesses shot a guy six times and that was ruled self defense.

Blake's attorney is going to get him off, IMO. I do think that he is guilty.

According to an announcement I just heard on FoxNews ... the Robert Blake trial will be televised with the exception of Blake's testimony.

The media is already challenging the decision not to televise Blake.

Rum Tum

This just in on CourtTV, per Beth Karas:

The Judge has removed Robert Blake's attorney, Messereau (sp?). The reason given was Blake's inability to get along with this attorney. This is Blake's second attorney.

Do you think this could happen with Mark Geragos in his presentation of Peterson?

Nevahhhhhh! The way those two laugh it up together?? No one would believe it.

I can see Geragos and Jackie sparring over strategy and tactics though.

Cass: Read my new thread about Geragos' schedule. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Seems he now has two Judges running out of patience.

Sniffy38 said:
This just in on CourtTV, per Beth Karas:

The Judge has removed Robert Blake's attorney, Messereau (sp?). The reason given was Blake's inability to get along with this attorney. This is Blake's second attorney.

Do you think this could happen with Mark Geragos in his presentation of Peterson?

BIG mistake on Blake's part. Mr. M would have gotten Blake off at trial. Heck, his demeanor and questioning of the State's case at the Prelim convinced me that the State has nada on the alleged perp. Mr. M is a total class act.

This could be very troubling for Blake. Is it an indication of his personality, to not get along with others? I think Blake might have shot himself in the foot, on this one. Did Bonnie B get the brunt of his other shots????

By time this one goes to trial. Blake might be dead!! Even though he looks better now then he did when his was in Jail. He is still getting old.

How many friggin lawyers is this guy going to run through? I was listening to the news tonight and heard that Blake's camp had called Leslie Abramson and she even said no to this case!

How much do you want to bet that he considers going with Gegaros? I'm not joking here. I'm serious. I bet that Gegaros's camp is already in touch with Blake.

River said:
How many friggin lawyers is this guy going to run through? I was listening to the news tonight and heard that Blake's camp had called Leslie Abramson and she even said no to this case!

How much do you want to bet that he considers going with Gegaros? I'm not joking here. I'm serious. I bet that Gegaros's camp is already in touch with Blake.

Harlan Braun, his first lawyer, said last night that Blake has had a history of not getting along with people. I remember his regalling tales on the Johnny CArson Show in which he explained why he had quit yet another staring role in a successful series. The reasons always sounded plausible because he always railed against the "suits." That is still going on. Braun's prediction is that Blake will stay with this lawyer for a while, fire him/her, get another and then ultimately, try the case himself. That Blake thinks that he knows his own case better than anyone and will defend himself at trial. It will be a repeat of his career: start like lightening and walk-outs of successful series with 40 years of unemployment in between. The List TV movie was his return to success until this diabolically planned murder.

From CTV news ....

Robert Blake appeared in Court this morning without an attorney. As you may remember, Messereau (sp?) was the last one to remove himself from Blake's case some weeks ago.

Blake requested a 4 week extension to find another new attorney. The Judge denied his request and ordered him back to Court on March 1st giving Blake 1 week to attain the services of an attorney.

Apparently Blake has received the million dollars back that he put up for bail on his bodyguard/friend/co-defendant after the charges against him were dropped.

It appears Blake has been seeking counsel to represent him outside of the state of California. (East Coast .. I believe was mentioned) As reported by Beth Karas, several attorneys have turned him down .. and several that have approached Blake .. he has vetoed.

Judge told Blake that seeking counsel outside of California could pose a problem as a hard date of Sept. 9th had been set for trial and would not be delayed.

Karas said Blake was visably upset at not receiving the 4 weeks he requested and after Court adjourned .. Blake went back into the Courthouse and was last seen by Karas pacing in an ante-room outside the Judge's chambers.

It was mentioned that the DA's office thought Blake was just stalling for time.

Seems to me .. Messereau was the very best bet Blake had and he blew it by all his shenanigans of trying to control everything. He appears to be is own worst enemy.

Rum Tum

this is true...and he was seen leaving the area in a purple car driven by hawaiians. no...make that tahitians for the brando connection... :D

Well thank goodness this case is solved and we can put it behind us now :)

This trial will be starting up, in a little over a month. The murder of Bonnie happened in a restaurant just a few miles down the road from where I live.

Since the Van Nuys Court House, is almost 2 miles away, I plan on attempting to get into trial at least a few times; it will depend on my work load/schedule, and how lousy is the parking. I may just walk, if I can get up early enough for that.

There is a big plaza, out in front of the court house, and I know that's where the media will be set up.

Does anyone know, if the judge has ruled on cameras in his court yet, or not?

blake is a whack-job, and why should his demented testimony be sacrosanct? :crazy:

deputylinda said:
blake is a whack-job, and why should his demented testimony be sacrosanct? :crazy:
It will be interesting to see if he testifies in his own defense. I've GOTTA go to court, if it looks like that will happen!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back