Sad photograph

Wow! :( Prayers for Katherine & her family...how very sad. :(

She then had their baby by emergency C section shortly thereafter. The baby is fine.

This is one of thousands of such stories from the war, of course. This one was just caught on film.

Bless her dear, dear heart.

i so hope she finds happiness in a future partnership once again.

and now i weep some more . . . :(

Gives me so much insight and respect to the Marines. They did everything they could to help this widow get thru this terrible time.

Hu Rahhh.

I'm glad she could sleep there if she wanted to. I hope she will find joy in her baby.

Yes, there is alot we are not seeing in the news.

Thank you, Floah for link to the rest of the story, my heart just aches -

Praise that marine too who stood by her ,they are brothers thru and thru.

God Bless the Marines, their families, and all service men and women and families serving.

Floh, thank you for posting this. My heart breaks for this family and all the families that have lost loved ones. May God Bless Them.

It is very sad, my heart breaks for them too.

Moving photos all the way through... thanks for the link, DK.

Bless this poor woman and her child. The Marines standing guard were so sweet to allow her to stay overnight for the last time with her husband.:angel:

Thankyou for posting this. Very thought provoking photo.Moveing and sad but so very poignant. Bless her.

Looking closer, I noticed she wasn't even sleeping, but was watching whatever they had on the PC about her hubby, I am assuming. I imagine she didn't sleep much and just spent her final night "with" him.

The caption said "Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept."

It is terrible and so very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back