Miners alive

Oh Lord I hope its not another false hope....I will pray they come out alive.....

michelle said:
Oh Lord I hope its not another false hope....I will pray they come out alive.....
Radio contact has been made with the two surviving miners and they sound to be in fairly good shape considering they,ve had no food for nearly six days....the poor guys have been drinking dirty sludge water.

dingo said:
Radio contact has been made with the two surviving miners and they sound to be in fairly good shape considering they,ve had no food for nearly six days....the poor guys have been drinking dirty sludge water.
Oh bless their hearts........

The trapped miners have just recieved fresh water and food via a small tube sent down to their location....their radio message was..we,re cold and hungry..get us the hell out of here...they also wanted to know the weekend footy scores:D .Please whoever reads this thread say a prayer for them and their families.

dingo said:
The trapped miners have just recieved fresh water and food via a small tube sent down to their location....their radio message was..we,re cold and hungry..get us the hell out of here...they also wanted to know the weekend footy scores:D .Please whoever reads this thread say a prayer for them and their families.

Loved it when i heard they asked about the footy scores, 6 days trapped in hell (no food no water or light) and they wanted to know who won on the weekend lol typical aussies

Oh and dont forget about theyve already said they better be paid over-time for this lol

My heart and hopes go out to their families and to the family of the one who didnt make it out alive.

~aussieblue

I have been following the plight of the trapped miners, thanks for the thread Dingo.
Dave Grohl, lead singer of the Foo Fighters has sent a message to them, after hearing that one of the men asked for two Foo Fighter albums to be played on the mp3 they sent down.
Dave has asked them to join him 'anywhere, anytime' when they get out to share a beer.
Of course, they agreed!
I also heard one of the first things sent down was an egg/salad sandwich...it was like...is that such a good idea....lol lol..we all know how boiled eggs react with the body :crazy:

Hi Narla....maybe the boiled egg sandwiches wernt such a good idea:p Its hard to imagine the conditions they have had to indure for the past 11 days.
The last I just heard on the news was the final meter or so will have to be dug manually using a chainsaw with a diamond tipped blade.....the rescuers are heros in this as well.Lets hope they,re out sometime tonight.

Hi Dingo
Yeah I heard hopefully tonite, I will have to keep an eye on the news updates.
It will be a happy moment down there in Beaconsfield :)
I am absolutely terrified of going down into mines....not that I've ever done it:crazy:
A friend of mine went down one last year out at Brokenhill (as if you would pay good money to do that!) and had a panic attack lol....I shouldnt laugh she was really scared!

The rescuers are definitely hereos, it sounds like painstakely hard work....I'm praying nothing goes wrong at this point and hope those kids get to see their Dad's again :)

Looks like they wont be out til tomorrow..the rescue is at its most dangerous stage with only a meter left to dig....Ive been down a mine before and its something I would never do again....very very scarey:eek:

I just caught the news.
Maybe this afternoon!!
Even CNN are there.....those two guys will be famous by the time they get out of there or maybe they already are lol
They are planning a huge party....but I doubt the guys will be up for too much partying, seems they might have trouble even trying to walk.....
I will be so happy when they finally get out of there, can't imagine having to go through that.
They are two tough guys, helping in their own rescue, doing what they could with what they had to try to reinforce the walls so they wouldn't collapse.
The paramedics said they were humbled by the mens attitude...there's been no tears from them, just a will to survive.

Any news yet , are they out . I keep praying that they will be able to go home and get on with the party .

They,re out:woohoo:Its party time:woohoo:

:clap: :woohoo: God Bless them, their families and rescuers.

No stretchers needed...the boys walked out of the shaft and went and clocked off:dance: Tv now showing them hugging their kids:D

YEAH! I am so happy for the miners and their families.
These 2 guys give a whole new meaning to 'the land down under'. :woohoo:

Yee ha!!
Theyre out!!
and like Dingo said, they just walked out...they are fine.
I am so glad they got them out, today is the funeral of their mate that died down there....it would have been awful for them to have not been able to go.
They are in hospital having tests but it looks like they will get to go to the funeral.

They joked that where they were was a two star motel.....and they were the two stars lol
They just want to be able to eat junk food...jokes were made about a stop to Macca's on the way to the hopsital.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back