GUILTY IL - Joshua Cole, 14, paraplegic, beaten to death, Chicago, 27 April 2006

That terrible, what is wrong with people to today???? Its one story after another, Its sickening!!!!

My heart breaks for this child.. The aunt deserves the most severe punishment allowed..

Sorry for my naivete, but could he use the bathroom by himself if he was a parapalegic? If not- this woman should just be shot on sight.

mssheila said:
Sorry for my naivete, but could he use the bathroom by himself if he was a parapalegic? If not- this woman should just be shot on sight.

She should be shot on sight even if he COULD use the bathroom on his own.

mssheila said:

The container of urine mentioned in the article, where it said he crawled to the bathroom to empty it, was probably the bag from his catheter.

michelle said:
That terrible, what is wrong with people to today???? Its one story after another, Its sickening!!!!
You took the words right out of my mouth!

BTW, Thank your brother for serving. His selflessness helps keep us safe.

The whole family needs a wake up. Where are his parents? Didn't his cousin, who answered the door, have any idea that her mother was mishandling this situation? What a mess.

So you have a disabled child, totally dependent on the adults in the family, needing regular check-ups because of a pacemaker...so where was the doctor(s) in all this? And didn't she have to go through the courts to get custody of the boy? What did they do - just give her the papers and throw their copy away? I guess everybody concerned just assumed he was living happily ever after. Didn't the school notice anything since he was repeatedly beaten? Bet they assumed he hurt himself. Looks to me that some people need to be a might more nosy...

There has to be a special hell for those who mistreat the helpless...

A special place in hell indeed, right up the devil's *advertiser censored*. This is pure evil. There is no punishment harsh enough for this . What a miserable life this young angel had and nobody gave a damn, so sad, so sad. Breaks my heart.... I can't even type I am so mad at this piece of human trash, what a waste of air and breath.

I'm sure this little guy would have been an amazing human being to have so much in his life, but to then be treated as though somehow it was all his fault. I know you are not supposed to have hate in your heart as a Christian, but this is over the top for cruelty and evil. May she rot in hell for well......forever.....

Good bye sweet baby boy, you will be in my thoughts. I'm sorry your time on earth was so hard and cruel, fly high with the angels now...please accept my apologies for what this sorry excuse of a person did to you.....

This truly is the sickest thing I've heard in a long time. What kind of a heartless do you have to be to do something like that?

I am surprised that the children's services had not heard about his case. Usually if a guardian fails to take a child for essential medical care (like pacemaker checkups) the physician's office makes phone calls and sends registered letters to the guardian...if no response, child services would be contacted. I wonder if we're going to find out that they HAD actually been contacted in the past but were too overwhelmed with caseloads to follow up. It seems that so often, kids are killed by abuse who were known to the system and the system failed them.

This poor child. It's all very sad for him.... but for his "care" giver.. she should be shot.

2Beautiful Boys said it all. I sit here typing with tears in my eyes. I cannot read anymore about this because I am just horrified for that dear boy.:furious: :mad: :mad: :furious: Where were the authorities in this case? Asleep or just did not bother to take a closer look. I hope he has peace in death that he never found in life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back