Help with a idea!!

welder 79

Reaction score
I read a lot on this site about missing person's and i got a idea maybe how to help but i have no idea how to get it started?? Maybe someone think's it's worth checking into will be nice enough to help..But let me start where the idea came from........About a year ago i was talking to my dad and he sayed he didn't feel good but we keep on talking but he starting talking like he was lost!!! within about 10 to 15 min's he didn't even know who i was!! Lucky i was there i call the hospital and told a nurse i know i was on my way and i got him in my tk and got him to hospital pretty quick!! We was very luck he just started having a stroke and we got him medical help he needed fast.. But anybody can have a stroke like this even young people. I don't think that's this is all the missing person's but i got a feeling that there's enough to cause a problem. If somebody by there self and have a stroke they going be lost, confused, ect. and next thing you know they wondering around in the street's or maybe even looking for place they live at growing up......Look's like to me homeless shelter's or anywhere else someone like this might end up at should have like a nationwide computer site they can check out everybody walk's in by maybe just 1 fingerprint like they do your renew driver license nowday's...If together with help from bussiness ect. to be able to get a system like this set up i feel we would more than likely within 1 month we would start finding some of these people that really just need medical help but are lost and can't find where they live or nothing!!! I know money would be a big thing to try to raise to fund a project like this but look at all the people it would help!!!! And hopefully we can get these people back to there love one's and not in some pauper's grave in a strange city under john or jane doe # 68 of this year!!!! Well that's my idea Iam i crazy or what????????

I must be crazy then, iam not having to hire help for the big rush of people knocking on my door...lol

No, you're not crazy. : )

Welder, one comment though, if they are having a stroke, they are not going to keep wandering around. Their condition will immediately get worse and they won't be able to walk or talk, either they will be found and get medical attention, or they will die if noone finds them and the stroke is severe enough.
The population who better fits your description are those people who have suffered head injuries, (and also Alzheimer's patients) who are back in society but perhaps live by themselves and don't have good judgement.
The reason I know all of this is I was a speech-language pathologist for 13 years working with brain-injured adults.

Edited to add, there are stroke patients who do live by themselves post-hospitalization. I realized that I was describing the acute phase of a stroke.

One drawback to this would be that some people with mental illness that make them paranoid or delusional might be freaked out by having to give their info. My great uncle is schizophrenic (think I butchered the spelling) and has always been very concerned about "people" having info about him. It was a big struggle to get him treatment at the VA because he didn't want to tell them anything about himself.

I think if they would starting fingerprinting it would have to be voluntary or some people would end up staying away from the places that offer assistance because they would be afraid of how the info would be used or who would see it.

Good point beakiebean. Some who are not schizophrenic also feel that way about their privacy.

A little different idea for a problem I don't want anybody to take this wrong because some people in this group are very nice and would not hurt anybody....Have any group's or person's really looked into the cause and what type of people that are grabing these little kid's and person's and holding them and doing these unspeakable act's to them????? If iam not mistaken the govt. shut down a lot of mental hospital's from 1980's to the present.. Could these group of people be doing most of this type of crime??? I know i saw on TV show where prison guard's was saying they getting a very lot of "Mental Problem Inmate's" now and they really don't belong in a regular prison system...I know myself i ran into some people now that really don't belong walking the street's and living unsupervised... I saw a woman in little bit of trouble with a weird'o guy few month's back i steped in too helped her and that guy took one look at me and wisely stop and took off running.. after we got the police there and they took a statement a other unit done cought that weird'o and had him cuffed and stuffed, I was talking to the police officer's they told me they get this guy all the time and know him very well and he is right back on the street's in a matter of day's and sometime hour's depend's on how full the jail is at that given time thank's to our great court system, I know them police officer's was very upset having to fool with this guy on a weekly and sometime's every day!!!! By just looking at this missing person's board anybody can tell we got a big problem going on now!!! Could everybody start demanding that the govt. must start getting these Mental Problem People back into hospital's and into treatment where they belong under supervision would help slow down this growing problem that's happening every day across America???? Myself I feel we must get to the root of the problem to solve it ...I know this will not slove everything but if we can get it slowed down some look at all the kid's and adult's that will be walking around free and living there life's and not being kidnaped or dead!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back