1140 users online (223 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What Happens Next?

For argument sake:

Let's say the DNA turns out to match someone who has nothing to do with this murder. What if the DNA turns out to match someone like Pasta Jay or someone casual that JBR came into contact with at the Whites, etc. who has nothing to do with the crime?

Personally, I don't think the DNA is part of the crime but I prefaced the post for argument sake

Now what? Where does the rest of the evidence lead?
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

God Bless America

I've wondered that, too, Barbara. Sounds to me that it is being said that whoever's DNA this is....that is the killer. Open/shut case. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    I've wondered that, too, Barbara. Sounds to me that it is being said that whoever's DNA this is....that is the killer. Open/shut case. Is this correct?
    That's what the RST is saying. Sooooo...what happens if the DNA happens to match someone who is not connected to the crime?

AND what about Grandpa Paugh's DNA? Tested? Not teste? Burke's DNA..tested? not tested???? Nobody seems to want to answer this.
    This is my opinion only

God Bless America

MaxiGuest
    If the DNA is just a degraded and/or contaminated trace, the prosecution would have to show that there was no other probably way for it to have gotten in JBR's panties. A defense team would likely argue secondary transfer.

It Seems We Have One Answer

Now that the DNA is the hottest topic to clear or capture potential suspects the spin has begun. On other forums it seems this has been brought up already and now those whose DNA may not match such as Oliva and Helgoth can still be suspects because the theory will then change to.......
    Are you ready...............?

TWO
    TWO
    TWO MURDERERS IN ONE!

Yes, that's right folks. That's the latest spin..A TEAM

I've been saying that for years, only a team of three is my guess

Okay, so now we know how the RST will respond, but I have to wonder how Keenan and the others will respond.
    This is my opinion only

God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Let's say the DNA turns out to match someone who has nothing to do with this murder?
    If the dna 'matches' anyone, he had something to do with the murder! He might be able to explain how his dna got under her fingernails to the satisfaction of some dumb jury, but he sure won't ever be able to explain away his dna getting into the panties of a six year old girl. No way.

MaxiGuest
    Tertiary transfer from scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    If the dna 'matches' anyone, he had something to do with the murder! He might be able to explain how his dna got under her fingernails to the satisfaction of some dumb jury, but he sure won't ever be able to explain away his dna getting into the panties of a six year old girl. No way.
    I hope you will still say that if the DNA turns out to be a Ramsey family member....or will you then go with the transfer theory that she SHOULD have family members DNA because she is part of the family and then she might have scratched herself inside her panties

Which theory would you choose then?

Let's not forget that we really don't have more than Lin's word that the DNA doesn't match Ramsey. With new, more sophisticated testing, it might just turn out that they can really narrow it down to a co mingling with a family member
    This is my opinion only

God Bless America

Originally posted by Toth
    If the dna 'matches' anyone, he had something to do with the murder!
    Toth....but only if the DNA doesn't match Burke or another Ramsey, or a Paugh, right?

The DA might have trouble explaining how the donor shed degraded DNA.

So, if this turns out to be Burke's DNA, you will stick to this statement?

I really hope the DNA does turn out to solve the murder. I'm sure we all do.

ALL Ramsey males have been excluded as being the source of the dna.

What about PAUGH males?
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

He might be able to explain how his dna got under her fingernails to the satisfaction of some dumb jury, but he sure won't ever be able to explain away his dna getting into the panties of a six year old girl. No way.
    Last I heard, Toth, six year old little girls DO occasionally go to the bathroom. And when they do, I've heard they even wipe themselves. That being the case, I don't think it would be TOO hard for some DNA on the hands of a little girl to transfer to her panties.
    Oh, and I also understand that little girls also get the urge to scratch an itch once-in-a-while too.

Guess you never heard these things about girls, huh Toth?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi
    Tertiary transfer from scratching.
    Right, Maxi.

And I would add the possibility of planting "DNA evidence." What was John Ramsey up to during his hour-long vanishing act the morning of the 26th? What better way to manufacture phony physical evidence than invite a bunch of people over for a kidnapping party, then wipe up some used drinking glasses, hopefully mix a few saliva samples to confuse things and create the DNA of a person who doesn't exist... or possibly frame someone specific? nah... ya think? - (BTW, Wood did say it was saliva, didn't he?)... then slink off to the crime scene to deposit it. Think about it... when you need DNA evidence, you gotta have real live people. It's the most logical reason I can think of for hosting that ridiculous kidnapping brunch.
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

False. Nothing about Burke's DNA analysis has been revealed.

JMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast